WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Newbie; power system for H9 Funtana X 50?
Old 10-13-2008, 05:49 AM
EDFrules
GravesRC enabler d:)

My Showtime 50 unfortunately was a big disapointment. Even with lipos and 1450 watts it was a pig @ 6.75lbs. Nice pattern/sport plane but even on a lighter setup at 6lbs it's 3D performance was not great. Too much wing rock(even with SFGs on) and high alpha stuff was terrible at best. Nice rolling harriers though. Tried 14s2p A123's on my 3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP with almost disasterous results. Cooked my Hacker Spin 99 ESC and almost burned the plane up! Way too heavy a setup for 3D work. Maybe using the Castle Creations 110 SHV(not out yet) and a 20s1p A123 pack it might be feasible but I've come to the conclusion that higher cell counts of M1's are not good for 3D. Seems the only happy medium is the 3DHS 55" Extra using 5s-or 6s1p A123's. It's a much lighter airframe and has a lot of wing area. They are great RX packs though. Too bad they weigh so much and don't seem to put out the power that lipos do. Like the charge times. They are great for sport flying but for 3D work I'd have to conclude that they're not the best choice. Good luck and keep 'em flyin'!
Regards,
Jason
3DHobbyShop Mantra: Fly the Best-Sell the Rest!

Page generated in 0.02986 seconds with 10 queries