WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Great Planes Fokker Dr-1 ARF : Did I bite off more than I can chew?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:57 AM
Redlegwolf08
Ace in Training

Exclamation Top wing trouble...

Time for another laugh everybody. I more or less assembled the plane--i.e., the servos are all working except for the ailerons. In the process of installing the y harness in the top wing, I effectively destroyed it, but was then able to see that the equipment works. Needless to say, I bought a new top wing.

I do not understand two things:
1. when it says to use heat shrink tubing to secure the ailerons...how do you do that? Where is the tubing supposed to go?

2. I don't understand how to tie the ailerons on the string and get it through without breaking the balsa wood? In order to do it (still breaking some) I ended up cutting the monokote off to see what I was doing. I would like to do my second top wing correctly, but could not understand the directions. I was too eager to complete the project.

Other notes:

-I used the S3107 servos and found them too big to plug into the receiver, so I used some wire cutters to snip off a bit of plastic on this side and they fit. Was that okay?
-Some CA dripped onto my monokote. Do I have to live with a little white residue on the monokote, or is there a way to remove it without damaging the covering?

Again, thanks for all your patience and advice. This plane is a blast, but without a top wing...it's going nowhere.

Page generated in 0.05127 seconds with 10 queries