WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here!
Old 08-23-2018, 05:06 PM
stearman65

Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
Thanks for posting the photos, Eric. The model looks great. It is not easy to build, with all the ribs and stringers. I have spent way too much time down inside the fuselage of a Stearman, sanding rust off the tubing and re-priming it with chromemoly primer. Since I was the youngest person available, I got to do the contortion job.

That is a nice looking Stearman you are posing with. It looks to have the 300 Lycoming engine in it. We restored a Stearman for someone else when I had the FBO here in McAlester that had the 300 in it. Great engine for a Stearman. Most of my Dad's Stearman's had the R985, 450hp, Pratt and Whitney engines in them.

Your photos bring back old memories. Thanks again for posting them.
Hi Jim
The full sized Stearmann was based at Liverpool UK when I went to see it. I was offered a flight but the weather was freezing & I chickened out, always regretted it.
Done some more cogitating on my next model to start me off & I'm 99% convinced the Top Flite Stinson Reliant is the way to go. There is a kit at ready money over here & an almost completed one with servos on the UK Ebay which originally dragged me in. I would buy that one but it's covered in red Solartex which could cover a thousand sins!!!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOP-FLITE...53.m1438.l2649

Page generated in 0.04765 seconds with 8 queries