View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 07:05 PM
Occlusion

Default Is Value Hobby really a value?

Hello everyone. I am new to r/c flying, actually not sure I even began . I had a Horizon Hobby Super Cub, but it got me hooked. The cost has always been what's kept me from getting into it, but yesterday I came across this site called Value Hobby (www.valuehobby.com). Everything on the site is really affordable! So i'm thinking, this is perfect! Now I can finally do it! But of course, i'm also thinking, this is too good to be true. Brushless outrunner motors: 6 bucks, LiPo batteries: 15 bucks, servos: 2.50.... and trainer planes at a good price. A lot of GForce products, not sure how the brand ranks. So, of course, i'm also thinking, too good to be true. I did a little research on Value Hobby, and there are good and bad reviews. Seems the bad reviews all revolve around customer service, and some folks getting bad batteries or broken items, but mostly bad customer service. That and shipping, but the shipping is worth it to me if everything is as low cost as it is.

So my question to you guys is, have any of you had any experience with Value Hobby? Are GForce products any good? If not, any recommendations on how and where I might be able to get what I need to start flying without breaking the bank?

Page generated in 0.04300 seconds with 8 queries