WTB NIB Cirrus Micro Joule CS-3 Ultra-micro servo - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Radio Equipment For Sale & WTB Radio equipment for sale or wanted in here. Free to buy or sell!

WTB NIB Cirrus Micro Joule CS-3 Ultra-micro servo

Old 01-03-2007, 03:44 PM
hobbyshopguy

Default WTB NIB Cirrus Micro Joule CS-3 Ultra-micro servo

No longer need it? Willing to negotiate?

Pls let me hear from you.

Paul in Gainesville GA
Old 01-15-2007, 05:06 AM
Flyer 1
Flying Is Living

Still want 'em? I've got 'em.
Flyer
Old 01-15-2007, 05:33 PM
hobbyshopguy

Default Micro Joule CS-3

OK--let's talk.

BTW I thought your excellent report on the bright red Fokker D-VII was complete and helpful-- later on I could give you data on my plans for building an electric DO 335.

Here's what I am willing to do: I will swap a PARK 370 Brushless 4100KV with Adapter ring and 10 and 12T pinions-- new in box, for two CS-3 servos.

If we go thru w. swap and you do not like what I send you I will take it back and return your servos in same condition as recieved.

Now got a question for you. Just how jittery are your servos? Do they noticeably quiver at rest? The one I have does some of that. Still I have need for another one or two.

Let me hear from you, OK?

Paul in Gainesville GA
Old 01-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Flyer 1
Flying Is Living

My servos haven't been at all jittery - since they've never been actually mounted in a model and flown I can't say what'd happen in the air, but I'm betting they're fine.
What receiver are you using? I've found that the Cirrus Micro Joule, while a fine receiver, MUST use a Cirrus receiver crystal for good performance. I've tried a Castle Creations micro crystal (my favorites), but they've caused some problems, i.e., bad control, erratic behavior, etc.. If you've had jittering probs, maybe that's it. I've also used GWS micro crystals, and they've worked fine too. However, I just don't trust 'em as much (although I admit I USE 'em enough!). If you couldn't get a Cirrus crystal quickly I'd recommend a GWS one to tide you over.
About the swap - I don't really have a need for a motor of that type right now. What I'm most interested in is a outrunner that'd work for my Multiplex Magister and suitable LiPo batteries, 11.4 cells in around the 3000-4000 mah range. However, I'm up for swapping some other stuff.
I could use a FMA Co-Pilot, a larger brushless speed control (50 amps or so), similar stuff. Also, I'm heavily into aerial photography and will take stuff in trade for that.
If you are interested enough, I'd swap the entire Micro Joule system. I've got 3 servos, the MicroJoule RX, and the single-cell ESC. I bought another single servo 'cause I was going to incorporate ailerons into my micro-plane, but the project fell by the wayside as I moved into AP. Everything is in new-unflown condition, just played with on the bench a bit.
Flyer
Old 01-18-2007, 04:18 PM
hobbyshopguy

Default Micro Joule talk

Have I said anything to you about msgs off this thread-- being misdirected to someone other than you?

Pls e-mail me at [email protected].

At your convenience.

hobbyshopguy