Oklahoma Dust Bowl Fly In 2 September 10,11,12 2010. Help Needed! - Page 13 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Oklahoma Dust Bowl RC Fly In Oct 24th and 25th 2009 October 24th and 25th are the dates of this fly-in. Be sure to post your photos and videos of the event in this forum!

Oklahoma Dust Bowl Fly In 2 September 10,11,12 2010. Help Needed!

Old 10-29-2009, 03:22 PM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Default Dust Bowl Pics

Here are the rest of the still pics I shot Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00046.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	491.7 KB
ID:	112320   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00047.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	479.0 KB
ID:	112321   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00048.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	478.0 KB
ID:	112322   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00049.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	483.6 KB
ID:	112323   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00050.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	474.8 KB
ID:	112324  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00051.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	453.6 KB
ID:	112325   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00052.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	424.9 KB
ID:	112326   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00053.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	471.4 KB
ID:	112327  
Old 10-30-2009, 03:21 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Aerial Video from the Fly-In. This is raw footage -- and the sound is on (so wind noise and motor noise will be irritating) -- be sure to turn your sound off when the flight starts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoRcZyfQkYc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhg2KmHR64g
Old 10-30-2009, 11:51 PM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Nice vid's Guy! I did'nt realize that the airport had all that space, and all of those runways. On the first video, I'm flying my Tensor.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:49 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Originally Posted by surfer dude View Post
Nice vid's Guy! I did'nt realize that the airport had all that space, and all of those runways. On the first video, I'm flying my Tensor.
Thanks Brett. On the full sized (uncompressed) video, you can really see you and your Tensor. I tried to get close enough to see it, without getting TOO close.

Here are some more pictures I took during the event.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1933.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	112429   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1934.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	112430   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1936.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	112431  
Old 10-31-2009, 01:41 AM
1987tc
Super Contributor

We are wanting to get the date for the NEXT fly in set. So any suggestions? I need to take a look at a 2010 calender. But So far I am still thinking a Friday and Saturday. I want to make sure I do not set a date that conflicts with anything else.

So SPEAK UP people!
Here is what I am considering September 10th Friday for arrivals and open flying. 11th Saturday for competitions and some open flying. Then Sunday if there is enough people some more competitions and open flying.

I know that is 3 days total. But Saturday would still be the main day. Friday would allow for some practice and meet and greet. Maybe a cook out?
Wes
Old 10-31-2009, 02:19 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

I like the idea of setting it up a year in advance -- thank you for your insight!

However, I would not be able to make it on Friday. Saturday would be my only day to attend. That being said, I hope there's lots of open flying on Saturday!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:34 AM
1987tc
Super Contributor

I definitely want to have open flying each day. It give the pilots some fun time with out pressure. And the people watching still get to see flying!

I want to make the next one a much bigger success. That includes more prizes. More give away planes including complete set up.

I also want to have several sport models too. Both kits and arfs.
And not to dream too big. But I want to have lipos,esc and if possible a radio or two as prizes.

I know that is a tall order. But that is my goal!
Old 10-31-2009, 03:08 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I like the September date...it would work for me.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:47 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Sat. would also be the only day that I could attend, but I wouldn't miss it for the world. Meeting everyone, the food, the events, it was all great!
I like the Idea of more raffle prizes. All of the Tulsa guys really cleaned up on the give-aways. Thanks Wes.
I think we need to schedual combat every hour, on the hour. It only takes 5-6 min. each time. We could also do other events, like inverted limbo, most loop and touch and go's in 2 min. lowest knife edge ect.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:07 AM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Sept sounds okay to me.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:08 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

That date sounds OK for me also. Who knows what the year will bring, but with the date set, we can all plan around that weekend.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:15 AM
1987tc
Super Contributor

That was my thinking too. More time to plan means less last minute scrambling and better results.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:44 AM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

LOL -- I could win "most consecutive loops" or "most consecutive outside loops"... I've actually been practicing those every day for the last 500 days, and have determined I can loop indefinitely...
Old 10-31-2009, 04:46 AM
1987tc
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
LOL -- I could win "most consecutive loops" or "most consecutive outside loops"... I've actually been practicing those every day for the last 500 days, and have determined I can loop indefinitely...
Ah but can you do it with an airplane?
Old 10-31-2009, 12:24 PM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Hey men. If you haven't already you better run over here and drop your name in the hat.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post13469010
It's a kalteisen like they sent you gonna give it away the 2nd I believe.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

I would drop my name in that hat if it weren't on RCGroups. About 3 years ago, I vowed to NEVER return -- and to date, I haven't.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:23 PM
GymalloGuy

Default Get the word out to AMA clubs in the area?

We have quite a few avid e-flyers in our area and several AMA clubs with fields. We have installed a PetroMat runway at our field just south of Fairland, OK to help accomodate e-flyers. We sure don't want to miss out on the 2010 fly at Holdenville! Keep us posted - - Bob A.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:29 PM
1987tc
Super Contributor

We would be glad to have as many of your group as can make it!
Old 12-05-2009, 06:04 AM
Kasperwing

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 1987tc View Post
I want to invite everyone to a flyin. It is set for October 24th and 25th.
The details are still being worked out. But there will be several events. Combat included. Possibly spot landing and a balloon bust. More to come. And suggestions welcome!
While it is mainly an electric even all forms of model flight are welcome!
Funds raised are to be donated to the Mid America chapter of the MS Society to benefit MS research.

Dust Bowl Fly in 2009!

October 24th and 25th 2009 Holdenville Oklahoma Airport
There will be a lot to do including but not limited to:

* Combat
* Spot Landing
* Loop and Land
* CLIMB 'N' GLIDE: Pilot is given 20 seconds after takeoff to climb high as possible. Landing must be on the runway in a designated target zone. ESCs must be set to brake mode. Longest time to land wins. Bonus points are awarded the closer the plane is to the center of the target.

* Table Top Touch N Go: Pilot is given 3 minutes to make 3 touch and go landings on a 4' x 8' supported landing platform. At least two wheels must touch down on the tabletop. If the pilot does not make 3 touches in the three minutes a zero score is given.

* BALLOON BUST: 4 balloons are suspended with crepe paper at alternating heights in a straight line down the runway. Heights are; 4, 8, 12, and 16 feet. Pilot has to break at least two balloons in that row of four to score the minimum amount of points. More than two in a row will increase points. (Revert to event #6 if winds dictate)

* LIMBO: Use a thirty foot crepe paper ribbon strung between two poles. Planes fly under crepe paper streamer, cuts or ground touches disqualify. Streamer is lowered 1' after each round until only one plane qualifies. Points are awarded for 1, 2, and 3rd place finishes. Ties are broken by repeating the process with inverted flights.

* Snowman Loop Race: 3 poles are set up 50 feet apart in a straight line. The object is to weave between the poles as quickly as possible and as slow as possible. 2 laps are performed as quickly and as slowly as possible. Not making the entire loop or touching the ground disqualifies. Points are awarded for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places, fastest and slowest times.

Notes:

The same plane must be used in all events unless the plane is damaged beyond safe use. The CD will make the determination if a spare plane may be used.

There will also be BBQ ( drool!) A bake sale,Soft drinks and water available.
There will be items for sale or trade supplied by the attendees.
Prizes will be awarded for the events. And there will be raffles and drawings and a 50/50 drawing. With the proceeds to be donated to MS research to help find a cure!

We will post a shcedule as it is finalized. There will be free time available for open flying too.
We will have a sim running for those who have never flown to try there hand. And also models with a buddy box to try your luck in the air!

We will have a complete ready to fly electric trainer to give away. This will be done by raffle on the last day of the event.

More details will be posted as they are worked out!
Wes

i missed this one, but where is your field? I would like to attend future events..thanks dave
Old 12-05-2009, 08:16 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

You missed a great event Kasperwing. We had a lot of wind, and the schedualed two day event got cut down to about 8 hours, but still the promoters made it a great event. They had lots of schedualed events, great food, lots of give aways. They gave away about 8 planes, and other prizes. They will start planning next years event by June, so watch this thread for details.
About a third of the pilots were from the Tulsa area, so if you live close to Tulsa, come and fly with us. We fly every Saturday morning, at 41st and Garnette. At a field we call the Unclub. It's all electric, we have about 15 - 20 pilots show up every week to fly, if the weather is good.
You can see more about the Unclub in the Unclub thread. You can search for Unclub, or click Wattflyer Extras at the top of the page, then clubs, then informal clubs.
And Welcome to Wattflyer!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 AM
1987tc
Super Contributor

Default Field Location

Originally Posted by Kasperwing View Post
i missed this one, but where is your field? I would like to attend future events..thanks dave
We fly at the airport in Holdenville, Oklahoma.
If you have trouble finding it send me a pm and I will help you.

We would be glad to have you come fly with us! We sure have plenty of room!
And planning is already underway for the next event September 10th,11,12 2010!
Wes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Kasperwing

Originally Posted by surfer dude View Post
You missed a great event Kasperwing. We had a lot of wind, and the schedualed two day event got cut down to about 8 hours, but still the promoters made it a great event. They had lots of schedualed events, great food, lots of give aways. They gave away about 8 planes, and other prizes. They will start planning next years event by June, so watch this thread for details.
About a third of the pilots were from the Tulsa area, so if you live close to Tulsa, come and fly with us. We fly every Saturday morning, at 41st and Garnette. At a field we call the Unclub. It's all electric, we have about 15 - 20 pilots show up every week to fly, if the weather is good.
You can see more about the Unclub in the Unclub thread. You can search for Unclub, or click Wattflyer Extras at the top of the page, then clubs, then informal clubs.
And Welcome to Wattflyer!
THX SUFER DUDE!
I looked up your unclub. I realy like that idea. I am from lafayette, la. The politics of the clubs down there got me interested in electric/ foamies etc. We had lots of unclub lke places a few of us would meet at. I have a "slick" from model airplane engineering. A realy fun plane to fly and it can be done even in a large living room.

I now live in Bella Vista Arkansas ( which is about 25 miles north of Fayetteville). There are few flying sights within about 30 miles. My dream come true would be to find a place where I could slope soar.

I also want to find folks who fly hotliners..any ideas?

what is the specific address of the unclub or the address of something that is close...i can enter into gps?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Hey Wes -- I never received my Holdenville newspaper. Did that ever happen?

Does Holdenville have a web site where I could download the article?
Old 12-05-2009, 07:13 PM
1987tc
Super Contributor

I have plenty of copies. If you ore anyone wants one please send a large postage paid envelope and to me and I will send one back.

I hate to sound cheap but I simply cannot afford to pay for postage to send these out.
I still have large and extra large shirts left. And if anyone wants to buy a shirt I will also include a newspaper.

I am not feeling real well so I am kind of running in low gear right now.
The address is Wes Arnett
1805 Seran Drive Wewoka OK 74884
Old 12-05-2009, 11:41 PM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Kasperwing, the Unclub is on the corner of 41st and Garnett. It's like 30 soccer fields all together. I think there is a map on the first four or five pages of the unclub thread. Highway 169, and highway 51 cross at 47th and Garnett.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Dust Bowl Fly In 2 September 10,11,12 2010. Help Needed!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16485 seconds with 24 queries