Wattflyer - is the best - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Wattflyer - is the best

Old 02-15-2019, 10:14 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Default Wattflyer - is the best

I am a member of many forums and glean information ... try to contribute where I can ...

Wattflyer is the best, most friendly, least partisan forum of them all. Its a pleasure to be here and I thank Don and the other moderators for such a good site. Yes we would all like to see more activity - but as that increases - so the bad tends to come along as well.

WF is like a haven to come home to.

I am looking fwd to many more years of WF and the camaraderie.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:51 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

The members make the forum. A lot of great folks hang out here. Like you I wish WF was more active. IB doesn't send out mass emails to remind people that we're still here so we rely on word of mouth to spread the word and internet searches.
IB has done several upgrades to make posting photos and videos easier. We're hoping that they make phone photos easier to post but that's down the road.
Thanks to everyone who continues to support the site!
Old 02-15-2019, 12:34 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I have to admit that i ma having a bit of a hard time on another forum where Moderators / Site Admin just don't seem to care about the abuse some put others to.
I find it strange that you can have one forum where moderators ban anything that differs from their personal view - regardless of merit - to the opposite side where moderators just ignore insulting behaviour.

Its refreshing to be able to click on the Wattflyer tab and relax in the friendly atmosphere here. Don - its not just members who make the forum - its also the moderators and likes of yourself who CARE and act in reasonable manner without creating situations. I as a member value that highly and long may it continue. I do not think I am alone in saying thank you.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:42 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

It's a shame we can't get more people involved here on WattFlyer. After 17 years on RC Groups I finally got my very own personal troll. Difference of opinion is fine. Unending attempts to change someone to your way of thinking is going to far. "AIRHEAD" went too far. Some people seem to have nothing better to do than try to make others miserable. That was the last straw and I had the moderator close my account a few weeks ago. You know what? I don't miss that hell hole in the least. I had 17 years of hopefully making a few useful contributions. There will be no more contributions to RC Groups from me.

The internet breeds a lot of false bravado. Those people with negative attacks would NEVER have the cajones to say the same words in a face to face situation. Of them I get a mental picture of a middle aged man in underwear sitting behind a keyboard in their mommies dark basement. Funny. That's the same mental picture I get of mass murderers and pedophiles.....

Joe
Old 02-15-2019, 09:47 PM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Wattflyer has been a great place to learn and to share. Other than the rare troll, this is a very friendly community. Glad to be a member!
Old 02-16-2019, 01:02 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

We haven't pleased everyone over the years and there have been some members who feel wronged by the administration/moderation here. We really do our best to see both sides when there is an issue and resolve it as fairly as we can. Banning non-spamming users is really a last resort for us. Our preference is folks work things out themselves first or put an irritating member on ignore.