100+ MPH Club - Page 6 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Hi-Performance and Sailplanes RC hotliners, electric pylon racers, F5B, F5D, sailplanes and gliders

100+ MPH Club

Old 01-23-2008, 09:17 PM
  #126  
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks
 
Alpea42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: So. Ca. Chino
Posts: 3,646
Default

I have a plane that's close to a 100 MPH I want to sell it.LOL It's TOO big ,TOO expensive,TOO fast and I'm TOO old.
Alpea42 is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 01:10 AM
  #127  
Larry3215
Look out for that tree!!!
 
Larry3215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gig Harbor, Wa USA
Posts: 7,061
Default

Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
Here are the videos Larry.

First one is a 4.5x4.1 Lynx on 4s
Second is a 4.7x4.2

Last is a 5x5 on 4s

I think my cameraman got better audio when he was not follow the plane, hence why it is either pointed to the sky or ground.
I came up with slightly higher numbers than you did (a pixel or two either way can add a good bit sometimes) - 137 was the fastest I saw. Well done!

Larry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	liquid.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	53264  
Larry3215 is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 01:17 AM
  #128  
Larry3215
Look out for that tree!!!
 
Larry3215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gig Harbor, Wa USA
Posts: 7,061
Default

Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
Well, here is one of mine I have on youtube. Its my first Ohio Combat Sledgehammer. In this video is a Mega 4 turn and 4S on a 5.5x 4.5 APC prop. Im pretty sure its over 115 in this video. I dont know if it will work with a doppler though. Anyone wanna give it a shot for me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPOH_9YX8UY

Laine.
I only ran one pass (2nd one?) and came up with 113 Allowing for the distance (cosine) error 115 or a tad more is probably about right! Not bad at all!

Larry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lanie.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	53266  
Larry3215 is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 01:24 AM
  #129  
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
 
FlyWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blackstock, South Carolina
Posts: 3,029
Default

Originally Posted by Mike Parsons View Post
Ok..I got the awards worked out. If you check my profile and post information on the left, you'll see them. There is a 100, 125, 150 and 200. I am working on a way to nominate or request these awards, but think it might just be better to sticky a thread and let it be the communication focal point.
Ok, maybe I'm missing something here (probably, because no one else brought it up), but when I clicked on your profile in the drop down menu "on the left" I didn't see anything about any "awards", or any links labeled as such. Could you please post a path, or a link perhaps, for this partially computer-literate old man?
FlyWheel is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 01:28 AM
  #130  
Liquidity
Combat Vet
 
Liquidity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 2,049
Default

Larry, make sure you are taking the temperature into account. The colder the weather, the slower the plane will be. At the bottom left of the screen is an area to input the tempuerature in C.

I like the 137mph. I will prop it up when I got back to Hodges to break. I will make sure my cameraman follows the plane since it might end in a spectacular fireball
Liquidity is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 02:01 AM
  #131  
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly
 
Mike Parsons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 5,136
Default

Originally Posted by FlyWheel View Post
Ok, maybe I'm missing something here (probably, because no one else brought it up), but when I clicked on your profile in the drop down menu "on the left" I didn't see anything about any "awards", or any links labeled as such. Could you please post a path, or a link perhaps, for this partially computer-literate old man?
Your not going crazy . I took them out after I ran all of the tests.

here they are:




Mike Parsons is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 03:13 AM
  #132  
rcproptester
We the People...
 
rcproptester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Adrian,GA
Posts: 1,058
Default

Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
Larry, make sure you are taking the temperature into account. The colder the weather, the slower the plane will be. At the bottom left of the screen is an area to input the tempuerature in C.

I like the 137mph. I will prop it up when I got back to Hodges to break. I will make sure my cameraman follows the plane since it might end in a spectacular fireball
I need to get back to Mac's again with you. That way I can get mine videoed with the bigger battery....
rcproptester is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 03:15 AM
  #133  
Liquidity
Combat Vet
 
Liquidity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 2,049
Default

I just bought 2 more 4s2200 TPs. I have 4 4cells now that we can run. Or maybe make a 8S Muhahaha Get Kennys 5s Battery. I am sure we can make it work
Liquidity is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 03:19 AM
  #134  
gfdengine204
Super Contributor
 
gfdengine204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sandwich, IL
Posts: 9,565
Default

Mike,

Looks nice.....

Does 125 on a Goldwing get me an award? (Since I lived to tell the tale.....)
gfdengine204 is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 03:24 AM
  #135  
Liquidity
Combat Vet
 
Liquidity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 2,049
Default

Kev I did 130 something on a Katana. I look back and can not believe I was so stupid. Now I fly a 130mph plane at me.
Liquidity is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 04:46 AM
  #136  
CHELLIE
Super Contributor
Thread Starter
 
CHELLIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hesperia, So. Calif
Posts: 19,246
Default

Originally Posted by Mike Parsons View Post
Chellie,
Do you want to update the first post with the members who should be awarded and what speed? That way we can keep a running list and let this thread be the catch all?
Thats a great idea Mike, That would make things simple, If you would like to go ahead and do that, that would be Perfect, as i dont know how to add borders, line & headers yet, but I am Learning I will be doing some testing in the test post forum with some ideas soon, maybe I can design something nice Take care, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 01-24-2008 at 05:32 AM.
CHELLIE is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 04:50 AM
  #137  
CHELLIE
Super Contributor
Thread Starter
 
CHELLIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hesperia, So. Calif
Posts: 19,246
Default

Those look Awesome Mike, You and Kosh do good work Take care, Chellie

PS (4) - 2cell lipo 20C on order, for 4 cell and a 5cell pack



Originally Posted by Mike Parsons View Post
Your not going crazy . I took them out after I ran all of the tests.

here they are:




CHELLIE is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:09 AM
  #138  
gfdengine204
Super Contributor
 
gfdengine204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sandwich, IL
Posts: 9,565
Default

Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
Kev I did 130 something on a Katana. I look back and can not believe I was so stupid. Now I fly a 130mph plane at me.
Stupid is one way to put it.....I was on a 7-lane interstate coming into St Louis.....ride was smooth as glass......
gfdengine204 is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 06:07 AM
  #139  
WingTips24
Mr. ExperiMENTAL
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 467
Default

Nice job mike and kosh!

Tips
WingTips24 is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 03:05 PM
  #140  
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly
 
Mike Parsons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 5,136
Default

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Thats a great idea Mike, That would make things simple, If you would like to go ahead and do that, that would be Perfect, as i dont know how to add borders, line & headers yet, but I am Learning I will be doing some testing in the test post forum with some ideas soon, maybe I can design something nice Take care, Chellie
I dont think it needs to be anything fancy. Just something like this:

Chellie- 100mph | plane | motor, ESC, battery|
Joe- 125mph | Plane | Motor, ESC, battery |


Ill pull the username and speed and award the proper guage
Mike Parsons is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:11 PM
  #141  
WingTips24
Mr. ExperiMENTAL
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 467
Default

So Mike is the idea to get all peed guages you have hit or just the highest guage you have reached?

Tips
WingTips24 is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:38 PM
  #142  
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!
 
lmopar69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Newville, Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Default

Well, I would guess that if you go 175 with your plane, then 100, 125 and 150 are kinda "assumed" right?
lmopar69 is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:41 PM
  #143  
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!
 
lmopar69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Newville, Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Default

Oh, and thanks for running the doppler on my video guys. We radared that plane at 119 on the 4S setup. There was plenty more in it with a little better batteries, but, I ended up selling it out at Tullahoma last summer. Now I have the new version of the Sledgehammer that is going to run a 6S setup... 150mph here I come.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 05:53 PM
  #144  
CHELLIE
Super Contributor
Thread Starter
 
CHELLIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hesperia, So. Calif
Posts: 19,246
Default

Originally Posted by Mike Parsons View Post
I dont think it needs to be anything fancy. Just something like this:

Chellie- 100mph | plane | motor, ESC, battery|
Joe- 125mph | Plane | Motor, ESC, battery |


Ill pull the username and speed and award the proper guage
Ok that will work for now and give me some time to come up with something later, I will do that this evening, Take care, Chellie
CHELLIE is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 06:01 PM
  #145  
CHELLIE
Super Contributor
Thread Starter
 
CHELLIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hesperia, So. Calif
Posts: 19,246
Default

Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
I was just going to post and ask what I needed to do to get my award. I can link to the RCG video section with my doplar verification. 139 mph FJ!
Hi Mike your plane type, motor, lipo, prop, esc, would be nice, , a video of your plane, so anyone here if they wanted to can doppler it, for proof,
can, that just helps to keep things on the up and up, Take care, Chellie
CHELLIE is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 06:34 PM
  #146  
WingTips24
Mr. ExperiMENTAL
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 467
Default

Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
Well, I would guess that if you go 175 with your plane, then 100, 125 and 150 are kinda "assumed" right?
LOL yea I would think so, still it could be kind of a catch the "big fish" thing where you turn in a run and get a score kinda thing, I think it makes more sense to do the 1 badge award for highest run but I figured I'd ask to be sure.

Tips
WingTips24 is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 07:32 PM
  #147  
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly
 
Mike Parsons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 5,136
Default

Originally Posted by WingTips24 View Post
LOL yea I would think so, still it could be kind of a catch the "big fish" thing where you turn in a run and get a score kinda thing, I think it makes more sense to do the 1 badge award for highest run but I figured I'd ask to be sure.

Tips
I think it should be 1 badge for highest run. If someone does 100 today and gets badged and then tomorrow does 150, the 150 badge will replace the 100
Mike Parsons is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 07:59 PM
  #148  
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!
 
lmopar69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Newville, Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Default

I once had a super flea in a C-5 Galaxy... we went like 350...does that count Mike?

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline  
Old 01-24-2008, 09:19 PM
  #149  
Mike Freas
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kaeohe Bay Hawaii
Posts: 989
Default

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi Mike your plane type, motor, lipo, prop, esc, would be nice, , a video of your plane, so anyone here if they wanted to can doppler it, for proof,
can, that just helps to keep things on the up and up, Take care, Chellie

Multiplex Fun Jet
Mega 16/25/3
2 3s 2200 20 C packs wired in series
CAM speed 5X5
Jeti 70 amp ESC
Pulled just under 60 amps at WOT

Video link
Been dopplered at 139

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=804111
Mike Freas is offline  
Old 01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
  #150  
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
 
FlyWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blackstock, South Carolina
Posts: 3,029
Default

Originally Posted by Mike Parsons View Post
Your not going crazy . I took them out after I ran all of the tests.

here they are:




Thanks. It's nice to know I haven't lost the last few neurons I have left! They look nice. I doubt that a sailplane floating overhead will ever qualify though (You are not counting vertical passes, right?).
FlyWheel is offline  

Quick Reply: 100+ MPH Club


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright İ 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.17122 seconds with 13 queries