The Chino Renegades RC Fliers Club - Page 5 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

The Chino Renegades RC Fliers Club

Old 06-23-2008, 07:34 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

here is a battery selection.... you can order this battery at the same time as the motor....
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ithium_Polymer

SK
Old 06-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Wrench66
Ya' need to use mo rudda!

That WAS fun! Sure it was a bit hot, but nothin we can't handle huh? The Bird Dog's maiden went well, a little tail heavy and other adjustments to be made, but a good flyer nonetheless....yay!!
Thanks Mark for showin us how fast a Stryker needs to go if you mean to make a light std sway for a few minutes after impact! Still can't believe that happened.
Thanks for the advise Chellie on my Bird Dog's motor thrust line....I'll be working to correct it asap
Hey Al....thanks for letting me at the helm of your 3D bipe.....you're a trusting soul ain't ya? Hehehe, cool.
Here's a pic of that beach cruiser I was mentioning Steve.......have a look.

be good ya'll, I see ya next time

Ray Kelley
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rt side new pipe.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	70154   Click image for larger version

Name:	lft side  12-07.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	70155  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Ray, not only are you a competant model builder you also are inventing vehicles to defeat the gonad crunching stanglehold the oil companies have on us. YOU GO DUDE !!! Think you could put one of them motors on my van LOL
Old 06-23-2008, 03:59 PM
dnitro

Hey peeps,

This is my first post on this thread. I'm the guy who drove in with a gray car and had the big Electristar trainer and the mini pulse xt. Sorry I couldn't stay for the bbq cuz I didn't know about it, and had prior plans. Anyway, it was seeing all of you and meeting new people. Maybe next time we can have breakfast potluck too. I'll try to bring new blood into the hobby and bring them over next time.

happy flying
Don
Old 06-23-2008, 04:39 PM
SkunkyMagoo
Newborn Rotorhead

Dude, Ray. I have a beach cruiser just waiting for that kit! I need to get one of those!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Firestem4
inexorably eccentric

nice...motorcycles =)

I'll stick with mine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	StaticFrontNoBags.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	70213  
Old 06-23-2008, 08:14 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

motorized bicycle Defined...
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d01/vc406.htm

Motorized Bicycle Laws.... You Aint gonna Like this One... Damb California...
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd3c1a8_1.htm

SK
Old 06-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Firestem4
inexorably eccentric

Gotta love California.. lol
Old 06-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Sounds like we'll just have to tow a bike with your 3D plane .Hovering when you want to stop and telling the cops there isn't a motor on the bike. You probably can't tow a bike with a car but I wonder if you can with a plane
Old 06-24-2008, 03:17 AM
Firestem4
inexorably eccentric

Damn straight ya'll! Looksy what I just got =D
http://cgi.ebay.com/Spektrum-DX6-Par...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-24-2008, 03:26 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

That seems like a good deal Kevin. At least you've made your trip to Chino count for something. Most ppl when starting out get some RTF package for $100 - $300 with electronics that are cheap and nearly useless after the plane they are in is trashed. That Tx Rx will handle many of your early aircraft and even fancy expensive ones later on. I've never bid on anything from E-Bay myself but the song by weird Al makes me laugh.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:08 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Wrench66 View Post
That WAS fun! Sure it was a bit hot, but nothin we can't handle huh? The Bird Dog's maiden went well, a little tail heavy and other adjustments to be made, but a good flyer nonetheless....yay!!
Thanks Mark for showin us how fast a Stryker needs to go if you mean to make a light std sway for a few minutes after impact! Still can't believe that happened.
Thanks for the advise Chellie on my Bird Dog's motor thrust line....I'll be working to correct it asap
Hey Al....thanks for letting me at the helm of your 3D bipe.....you're a trusting soul ain't ya? Hehehe, cool.
Here's a pic of that beach cruiser I was mentioning Steve.......have a look.

be good ya'll, I see ya next time

Ray Kelley
Neet looking Beach Cruiser Ray, Can I borrow it Just kidding, See you at the flying field soon, Take care, Chellie
Old 06-24-2008, 05:10 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Firestem4 View Post
Damn straight ya'll! Looksy what I just got =D
http://cgi.ebay.com/Spektrum-DX6-Par...QQcmdZViewItem
Good deal you will have a lot of Fun with that Radio, Take care, Chellie
Old 06-24-2008, 05:16 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by dnitro View Post
Hey peeps,

This is my first post on this thread. I'm the guy who drove in with a gray car and had the big Electristar trainer and the mini pulse xt. Sorry I couldn't stay for the bbq cuz I didn't know about it, and had prior plans. Anyway, it was seeing all of you and meeting new people. Maybe next time we can have breakfast potluck too. I'll try to bring new blood into the hobby and bring them over next time.

happy flying
Don
Hi Don It was very nice meeting you too, you have some nice planes there, The BBQ was great, there is always next time, I will Make sure to it as i love BBQs Take care, Chellie
Old 06-24-2008, 05:22 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Firestem4 View Post
lol, and it sure as hell didnt stop me from riding over...and unfortunately riding back in 102 degree weather...Eventually hit 106 through Pasadena *cry*.

It was a lot of fun. thanks for the opportunity to fly the slow-stick Chellie. I really can't wait to get into this now.. I went over to my local hobby store and looked at what they have. They have a Slow-V which is essentially exactly the same as the slow stick but instead of rudder/elevator. its a 2 rudder's in a V at the tail. How well does that work? Moderately priced RTF. and going to look around for a cheap DX6/i
The V tail will work OK, you just need to add the mixing into your radio, with your DX6, that will be no problem, Your on the right Track Take care, see you soon, Chellie
Old 06-24-2008, 05:27 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by ministeve2003 View Post
I'd Find out what battery chellie's flying on her slowstick, prob 1300 3cell... I flew mine with 2250 3cell Loongmax battery which got like 25-30 min flight..., but I would suggest a light battery for you because in the event of a bad crash, The large Batterys tend to eject from the slowstick and its cheaper to replace a $10 battery... not saying it will eject or anything, but its less likely with a lighter battery, still should give about 15 minutes or so...
SK
I fly my Slow Syick with a 1800mah 3 cell lipo, but i use anything from a 1600 to a 2250 in it, a 1800mah 20C 3 cell lipo rated lipo will work great. i use heavy duty velcro and rubber band to hold in my lipos with, its just cheap insurance.

http://www.valuehobby.com/products.p...c869e1a662a258

The g force is the loong Max Lipo just relapled i belive, Wattflyers are having very good luck with them, Chellie
Old 06-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Kevin or who ever posted that they were thinking of a V -Tail plane. I hate to contradict Chellie but I have read a thread where they said other than on high performance gliders a V-Tail aircraft has control issues. But have never had one so I don't know other than I read that some where. Other than the Slo Stick which really requires a little building skills ,everybody does agree that the Easy Star motorized glider ARF where you put your own radio gear and a brush less motor upgrade seems to be a good 1st plane. It's very little building skills other than motor and servo installing and it's very durable and easy to repair when the bad landings happen.Both of these however don't teach 4 channel with aileron (roll axis ) flying but in the beginning you want sumpin easy to control and inherintly stable. Minnisteve would probably tell you to go with a foam Super cub by Hobby Zone but again he gets a bare airframe and puts his own componants in it.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Firestem4
inexorably eccentric

Yeah its me Kevin.

Well i was considering the Slow-V because I was expecting to get an RTF. Now that I nabbed the DX6 off of ebay I'll build my own. Steve has recommended good components to me for a slow-stick ARF and says he has spare servo's and esc I could have.

I have no problem with building. I'm more adept than I sometimes put on. Mostly its the electricity specs that throw me off. Or atleast the kind of information I want to know from them.

I figured that the V rudder would not perform as well because it doesn't have a direct Elevator or Rudder. as its shared. in I guess you could say 50% proportion, it would have some stability problems too because of the slimmer profile in the back.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Kosh
Super Contributor

I've flown the Slow-V and made a few of my own V tail planes and never had any problems with control. There are a few issues with the Slow-V but there minor. The stock motor is a little weak but provides enough power to climb and loop. Part of the reason it seems to lack the power of a stock Slow Stick is the gearbox. Slow-V gearbox relies on plastic bushings and the SS gearbox has metal bearings in place. The extra friction is robbing the plane of some power there but it has enough to fly.

If you do get a Slow-V buy a extra prop or 2, One extra white gear for the gearbox and extra battery would be nice. If flies about the same as a stock SS and I see 3 of them at my field doing sonic combat all the time all stock.

Good luck with any new plane you get, Kosh
Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

I have to agree with Kosh, a v Tail , if designed for a Slow stick, with a Large surface area, should work great, but if the surface area is small, then yes, you would have a control problem, I think the MFG has designed in the Fact that a SS flies slow, and needs a large control area to work right, In Fact, I think a V Tail might be even more forgiving for a beginner, because its not going to give you a hard responsive control jolt, when moving, thats just my 2 cents worth
Old 06-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

There you go Kevin, you want advice about sumpin ask me I'll give you the bum rap and 20 people who know their stuff will chime in and give you good 411. See how easy it is here at Wattflyer .LOL
Old 06-24-2008, 05:16 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

there's technically nothing wrong with a v-tail, I own 3 firebird phantoms, and they all fly great, I have heard problems relating to slo-v, but I've always chalked that up to "beginner misfortune", I would think the slowstick route is better in the long run though... because if you use standard components now, you will be ready for better things later, like moving the electronics to something else, plus the airframe is dirt cheap, so if you do crash it hard, its only like $20 for a new one... Plus... I got a 30amp esc and a couple hxt900 servos for you
SK
Old 06-24-2008, 05:17 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Ps, who uses gearboxes and bushed motors nowadays... thats about as bad as using nimh batterys... Hehehe...Just kidding...LOL
SK
Old 06-24-2008, 05:18 PM
SkunkyMagoo
Newborn Rotorhead

Where are the pics of the bbq?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:16 PM
son of alpea42
3D Crazy

The only one James took when I asked him to take one of the people was the top of his head. He soloed your rebuilt Stryker this morning almost hit the van and us but got it down safe when I chickened out and screamed "CUT POWER AND LAND IT". It flys alright a little tweaky as air speed changes but not that bad. He was determined to fly it himself with out trainer cord or me taking it up .LOL

Quick Reply: The Chino Renegades RC Fliers Club

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10276 seconds with 13 queries