Packaging Concern - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Heads UP RC discussion Heads up RC discussion and support. Monitored by Heads UP RC.

Packaging Concern

Old 03-27-2016, 10:52 PM
acer3299

Default Packaging Concern

Just an FYI
I recently purchased a 60 size electric motor and ESC along with some carbon fiber tubes from Heads Up.
If you bought CF from them before you know they ship it in very sturdy cardboard tubes with plastic end caps.
I was a little surprised to find that my motor and ESC were just put in the tube in plastic bags. This allowed the rather heavy motor slide from one end of the tube to the other. The plastic cap on one end showed a big dimplewhere the shaft of the motor hit.
This would happen when ever the tube was turned end for end which is what would happen many times on it's journey when the mailman flipped the tube to read the address. Fortunately my package only went about 60 miles from Heads Up to my home in Florida.
If this package went across country the story probably would have turned out differently. I suggest that when heavy loose items are put in these tubes that maybe some newspaper or something be stuffed in to keep things in place during shipping
Acer
Old 03-27-2016, 11:27 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

i just received 2 batteries from headuprc, the were small 3cell 1000mah 50c's and came in a small box with bubble wrap all around and then package paper. what you got isn't the norm from hurc. you should let jeff know so if a employee packed it or even if he did ,he would make sure it wouldn't happen that way again. i'm surprised your motor didn't come in a box or at least wrapped tightly in bubble wrap.

just returned from a local ball field to run down several[6] charged batteries,the new batts performed great and i suspect they will last a long time. after a few more test i will order more. now i only wish i had ordered 5 sets of gemfan blades for the 250's.......bangood is taking forever. hurc takes 1 week from day of order to my door.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:17 PM
HeadsUpTSS

Originally Posted by acer3299 View Post
Just an FYI
I recently purchased a 60 size electric motor and ESC along with some carbon fiber tubes from Heads Up.
If you bought CF from them before you know they ship it in very sturdy cardboard tubes with plastic end caps.
I was a little surprised to find that my motor and ESC were just put in the tube in plastic bags. This allowed the rather heavy motor slide from one end of the tube to the other. The plastic cap on one end showed a big dimplewhere the shaft of the motor hit.
This would happen when ever the tube was turned end for end which is what would happen many times on it's journey when the mailman flipped the tube to read the address. Fortunately my package only went about 60 miles from Heads Up to my home in Florida.
If this package went across country the story probably would have turned out differently. I suggest that when heavy loose items are put in these tubes that maybe some newspaper or something be stuffed in to keep things in place during shipping
Acer
Hi Acer,

I'm sorry to hear that your package arrived in the condition that it did.

When we decided to begin selling carbon fiber products, one of our main concerns was packaging that product along with products in order to ensure that all contents reach their destination safely. Since the carbon fiber materials do require oversize packaging, that leaves a lot of additional room not normally found in our regular shipping containers, and that room needs to be filled properly to avoid damage to the merchandise.

Normally, any order that includes carbon fiber is packaged either in a 43 x 3 x2 white tube, or a 42 x 3 x 3 brown tube, or a 40 x 4 x 4 square cardboard box -- all depending on the contents. In any event, a generous amount of packing material is supposed be used throughout the package, and included heavy items such as motors or batteries are to be wrapped in additional craft paper or bubble wrap to keep them from ping-ponging from one end to the other. At each end of the container, it should be filled in with a veritable plug of craft paper to create at least a three-inch buffer between the package contents and the end-caps or lids. From what you describe, it sounds as though the order was not packaged properly, and again, we most sincerely apologize for that oversight.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our shipping department at the following email address: [email protected]