Don't support yourself on RC Groups! - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Don't support yourself on RC Groups!

Old 12-24-2018, 06:06 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Default Don't support yourself on RC Groups!

Holy cow! I tried to defend myself from a troll on RC Groups. Got points for it. Tried to deal with a mod and just my answers to his questions got my account removed after 17 years! I went through this back in 2007 and got banned for using the word crap in a post. The owner Jim Bourke himself reversed my ban because it was so bogus!

I'm never looking for any confrontations but you can always count on me to defend myself. I never look for trouble as long as it doesn't come looking for me. I'm always pretty easy going and much prefer myself and others to be that way. Too many weird, thin skinned "Snowflake" people on RC Groups for me anymore. I'll NOT look to be reinstated there.

Like it or not you may see me here even more than usual.

Joe
Old 12-24-2018, 01:44 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I find you need a thick skin on RCG ... there are groups of people that defend each other to the hilt .. while tearing lumps out of others.

Its full of 'experts' that basically on the field would be laughed at.

Its not the only forum that's like it ... Phantompilots is same.

I'm still banned from there for calling out the "Rainsuit" for his ridiculous claims ... and then asking mods to consider a revised moderation system ...

Wattflyer is one of the best most friendly forums ever. Probably because its not as big as RCG ... as size goes up - the range of characters does also ...

WF will always be my primary site ...

TJ - you are not alone.

Nigel
Old 12-24-2018, 01:47 PM
buzzltyr

Wow! Somehow I missed all the drama, Joe. Hang in there. Most of your online acquaintences are in both places.
Merry Christmas and have a safe and Happy New Year!
Mark
Old 12-24-2018, 09:23 PM
Panther
Super Contributor

RCG is a bit like Hobby King. Only use it if you have to. Sadly I have a blog there but I keep in touch with my mates there.
Sorry to hear you have been a victim tjoe.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:50 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Panther View Post
RCG is a bit like Hobby King. Only use it if you have to. Sadly I have a blog there but I keep in touch with my mates there.
Sorry to hear you have been a victim tjoe.
I think comparing RCG and HK is a bit steep !!

I have no problem with HK ... but RCG can have me looking for the suicide route at times !!

Nigel
Old 12-25-2018, 12:26 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Hi TJ ...

I just read through this :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s#post40750059

I understand and agree with your general statement there - there are some real unsavoury characters on RCG and mods don't seem to sort them out. I too have been penalised for calling out one or two ... and they have been allowed to carry on.

But I must say that Jason is one of the good guys and I have had good discussions with him that have solved odd issues.

Before anyone says ... Yeh Yeh Yeh ... but you're RCG Gold ... that is actually false as I am shown as Gold but its restricted because I had problems with the site. So Jason gave me a 'pseudo' Gold classification to get around it.

Nigel
Old 12-26-2018, 02:03 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
RCG can have me looking for the suicide route at times !!

Nigel

I've never considered suicide but lately homicide has certainly entered my mind. As I get older I've become much grumpier and less and less tolerant of the human race as a whole. This last flake just pushed me over the edge when he kept at me even in PM's. All I asked for in my post was for a balsa supplier with reasonable shipping. He blew it all out of proportion. Why? I have absolutely no clue but that's the RCG way. That single drop of blood in the water causes the sharks to home in for the kill.

I had an absolutely amazing day with family today. I'll not let RCG spoil today in any way by spending another minute thinking about them.

I hope everyone else had as good of a Christmas day as I had!

Joe
Old 12-26-2018, 10:20 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Hi TJ ...

I had the Wifes parents round as usual .. but this year instead of Turkey - we had a Leg of Lamb ... Champers and Oysters to start.

Glad you had a great day .. so did we ...

Cheers
Nigel
Old 12-26-2018, 10:27 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

TJ ... if you want to see idiots online .... just scroll through any Multi-Rotor forum that deals with DJI gear ...

The grouping up of people into cliques and self congratulating berks is out of this world !!

There are three main topics that bring them out :

LiPo Battery use and storage (DJI doesn't help in this either !)

GPS and RTH functions

Altitude

actually its quite a list where myths have become 'fact' by their being repeated so often ... and if you question them with evidence .... duck and put your flak jacket on !!

Nigel
Old 12-26-2018, 11:17 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

This year just a quiet Christmas at home ...

Nigel
Old 12-26-2018, 05:40 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

TJ ... if you want to see idiots online .... just scroll through any Multi-Rotor forum that deals with DJI gear ...

The grouping up of people into cliques and self congratulating berks is out of this world !!

Nigel

Another "good" one is the RCG classified "trader talk". It's amazing how many quickly swarm to a thread of "suspected" wrong doing. SO MANY go off the deep end there having absolutely ZERO information. I've always felt sorry for the one being attacked, prosecuted and sentenced to death by so many people based on nothing but mob rules. It's truly disgusting. I've now become one of the attacked even though it wasn't in trader talk. You can't stand up for yourself there though......

One of the absolute worst sharks already jumped into the thread you posted Nigel. He spends more time inciting internet "rioting" than he does posting anything R/C relevant. He seems to be involved in just about every "negative" trader talk thread.

There are a lot of really good people at RCG that I'll truly miss. It's the bad apples that spoil the barrel though.....

Over the years I've done what I could to get people to look here at Wattflyer as have so many others. I just don't know why we can't get a larger amount of posters. Maybe it's the lack of drawn out clashes and drama. Let's face it. That's what makes news and draws (negative) attention. That's just how it is today though. Working on a college campus for over 8 years has shown me that the younger Facebook millennial's have a completely different sense of what is right, wrong and is just group accepted whether it's right or wrong than does this old fart baby boomer. The movie IDIOCRACY (look for it) always comes to mind. From what I've dealt with first hand with today's college kids that movie is a true look into the future with these kids in control of the world. It's bleak....

Joe
Old 12-26-2018, 06:10 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

As an owner of various companies - I despair of the young generation as a whole.
Not only schooling - but also my Parents instilled in me the desire to go out and get what I want - that it was not on a plate to be handed over.
I did my best with my two boys similarly and they are both doing very well.

I also see some of their contempories struggling to make it - not having had same prompting from their parents or schools.

As to my threads or posts ... I have two particular people over there that really are a pain. They've both been banned from various other forums but RCG does nothing .. in fact I had points against me for having a go at one after he'd posted again and again insulting crud.

i'm now in a tussle over on another Forum ... but I can survive that ...

Nigel
Old 12-26-2018, 07:50 PM
ron_van_sommeren
homo ludens modelisticus

Some people just cannot handle the anonimity the internet has to offer.
Why didn't you put them on ignore Joe? That way they cannot PM you as well.

Last edited by ron_van_sommeren; 12-27-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:21 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Originally Posted by ron_van_sommeren View Post
Why didn't you put them on ignore Joe? That way they cannot PM you as well.
Some people just cannot handle the anonimity the internet has to offer.

Ron,

By the time it progressed to that point it was too late. "Justice" on RCG is swift and travels at the speed of the keyboard. The point is moot now. RCG becomes a distant memory for me.

You're one of the very few online posters that I accept as a true expert. Always posting useful links to support anything you post. What you post is usually WAY over my head but it still always seems to make sense. I'm SO glad you hang out and post here!

Joe
Old 12-31-2018, 02:53 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Oh Dear ... I've upset the resident Ex-Spurts on DJI Forum now ... What am I going to do ???

Like TJ - I am so glad that WF has good people and its a real friendly place to be.

Now where's my Depron ...

Cheers
Nigel
Old 01-01-2019, 02:16 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Don't get upset Nigel It will cause you to age prematurely. Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday for Tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:58 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Don't get upset Nigel It will cause you to age prematurely. Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday for Tomorrow.

63 tomorrow ... I can't believe it !

Cheers
Nigel
Old 01-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Happy birthday Nigel. You have a 6 month head start on me. I'll see 63 in June.

Joe
Old 01-01-2019, 05:28 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Cheers ....

Nigel
Old 01-01-2019, 10:33 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Boy this R/C Groups B.S. really sucks. I've been getting e-mails from friends I've made there over the years. While I'll miss their posts there I'm trying to convince them to spend time here and at Flite Test. RCU? Nah, I'm a cranky old fart but those guys have me beat by a country mile!

Joe
Old 01-02-2019, 02:40 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Out of curiosity I just peeked in at RCG. Sheesh. AirHead is still at it! I haven't a clue what caused him to continue to target me even now that I've made sure my account there is closed. I guess some of those people that live in mommies basement just need to make themselves seem omnipotent behind the keyboard. Hope it makes him feel more a "man". I sure wish we he had the guts to discuss his issues face to face. I'd end up in jail though......

Joe
Old 01-02-2019, 11:38 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

TJ ... go have a look ...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post40815037

Nigel
Old 01-02-2019, 12:28 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I have a real cracker ... you have to laugh !!

I am waiting for my ban to lift on Phantom Pilots ... and today i just thought I'd have a look ...

PP is wishing me Happy Birthday and thanking me for being a member of Phantom Pilots !!

Now that is just plain ******** !!

Nigel
Old 01-02-2019, 02:52 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

When I went back to screen capture it ... I found I was let back in again !! I must have just caught it right !!

The question now is how long before I get thrown out again !!

Oh to be an Anarchist !!

Nigel
Old 01-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

I went and had a look. Thanks for the support post Nigel. For the life of me I just don't understand his fixation on me. I'd never even seen his name before he started all this. Something else not seen is the PM's etc. It's all moot at this point. I've seen so many friends go through this kind of stuff on the various BIG "social media" sites. That's why I don't use any of them. I should consider myself lucky to have gone this long on RCG until it happened. I can take comfort in knowing that if he stepped out from behind the keyboard and was face to face he'd only be brave until he hit the ground.

Joe

Quick Reply: Don't support yourself on RC Groups!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14904 seconds with 8 queries