RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Transmitter Problem

Old 11-20-2009, 08:40 AM
jedorme

Default JR Transmitter Problem

I'm setting up a JR 6 channel tx in a new Sig Kadet Seniorita with a 6 channel Hitec rx. Using servo leads on chan 2 & 6 to my aileron servos, the left aileron (chan 6) goes to full up or down, depending on how flap switch is positioned, & can't be controlled with aileron stick. How do I get it to go from a flap to an aileron? I can zero it out with the travel adjustment but still no response to aileron stick. Also how do I get both ailerons to work as flaperonswhich the manual says you use travel adjust & dual rate settings to do, but doesn't explain how? I hooked up a Y cord until I could get this 2 channel aileron setup to work, & airplane flies fine that way. But I would like the benefits of individual control, including flaperons. The Sig floats forever if no wind to land against! Thanks for any help.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:12 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by jedorme View Post
I'm setting up a JR 6 channel tx in a new Sig Kadet Seniorita with a 6 channel Hitec rx. Using servo leads on chan 2 & 6 to my aileron servos, the left aileron (chan 6) goes to full up or down, depending on how flap switch is positioned, & can't be controlled with aileron stick. How do I get it to go from a flap to an aileron? I can zero it out with the travel adjustment but still no response to aileron stick. Also how do I get both ailerons to work as flaperonswhich the manual says you use travel adjust & dual rate settings to do, but doesn't explain how? I hooked up a Y cord until I could get this 2 channel aileron setup to work, & airplane flies fine that way. But I would like the benefits of individual control, including flaperons. The Sig floats forever if no wind to land against! Thanks for any help.
What 6 Channel JR Radio do you have, comp. or non comp ? model number ? that will help a lot, Take care and Welcome to Wattflyers, Chellie
Old 11-20-2009, 05:18 PM
jedorme

Chellie - Radio is JR XP662 72 Mhz version. Only been flying since first of year & first time I've tried dual aileron servos. AC is also the electric Sig Seniorita with ESC running motor only with a separate RX flight pack (4.8 volt 1600 mah NiMh battery) connected to chan 5 on RX.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:45 PM
MustangMan
Community Moderator

According to page 25 of the manual you can select a "flaperon" wing-type. You want that.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:52 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

You have to set the wing type to Flaperon. If you have the manual directions for that are on page 25. If not, here is a link to the manual.

http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...812-manual.pdf

edit... Richard beat me to it!
Old 11-20-2009, 05:59 PM
MustangMan
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
You have to set the wing type to Flaperon. If you have the manual directions for that are on page 25. If not, here is a link to the manual.

http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...812-manual.pdf

edit... Richard beat me to it!
But too lazy to provide the link. Thanks Bill.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:03 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
But too lazy to provide the link. Thanks Bill.
Teamwork Bud!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:59 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Jedorme See, Lots of Sharp people here that are willing to help out the newbe you can also just use a y connector for the ailerons, if your just going to use the ailerons and no flap mixing with them, Also do yourself a Great Big Favor Use Berg receivers with FM, they are the best of the best and dont cost anymore than other receivers, its like having a 2.4 radio system, as the Berg receivers will lock onto your transmitter, all i use are Jr transmitters and berg receivers, and I am Glitch Free I have 2.4 radios too, but i like the JR Transmitter with a berg receiver much better, less to go wrong and better range, IMHO, hope that helps, Chellie

i like the berg 4L receiver for smaller planes, also, only use berg crystals.
http://www.thefind.com/instruments/b...annel-receiver

Transmitter Signal Recognition (TSR) process:
The receiver "learns" the characteristics and specific signal signatures of your transmitter when you power it up. After that, the receiver will only listen to your transmitter*.
Note: If a similar transmitter on the same channel is powered up and is CLOSERto your receiver than your own transmitter, loss of signal/fail safe may be experienced.

http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...user_guide.pdf
Old 11-22-2009, 06:37 AM
jedorme

Chellie, Firemanbill & Mustangman - Many thanks for the helpful directions & suggestions. I think I read the "Flaperon" section but was looking for the right settings in the Function Mode instead of the System Mode in the manual. And even after reading about it, it still isn't crystal clear to me. So I think I will continue to fly the Sig Seniorita with the Y cord until the Hitec Aurora 9 2.4 radio I have on order shows up & hopefully it's setup will be not so confusing - at least that is what they advertise! But again thanks, & I will check out the Berg RX units.