WWI Era Discuss all your favorite WWI warbirds here!

A WW1 Forum!!

Old 01-18-2011, 12:44 AM
  #1  
Mode One
Member
Thread Starter
 
Mode One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 70
Default A WW1 Forum!!

I have asked for a World War One Aeroplane forum at other R/C Forums and been told there just isn't enough interest! I'm very happy to see that this wish has been accommodated here at Watt Flyer. I wonder why it seemed like a good idea here?
Mode One is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 05:57 AM
  #2  
TM4197
Dope&Fabric
 
TM4197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia/Delaware
Posts: 1,355
Default

Because just about every CRAZY WW1 junky lives on this forum. You, I and everyone can learn more about WW1 planes and history here. Don't turn your back....they will take your Sopwith or any other plane you took your eyes off of, tweek it..paint it..and fly the dog out of her. You can get so many expert advice right here~~~ and other pilots on WF will jump in as well...just to help in anyway possible. You have just about every possible aviation experience wrapped up on the server more than Smithsonian has out in Dulles International. Be ready to share pictures and videos...they starve for them here. Probably isnt a WW1 plane that has not been built by one of these guys and gals!! WELCOME!!!!!! and have fun here! BTW: when you opened a thread on WF....you just became addicted!!!
TM4197 is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 11:51 AM
  #3  
Don Sims
Administrator
 
Don Sims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 15,375
Default

Why? Because the majority of members voted for it at the time....

Welcome to Wattflyer!
Don Sims is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 02:41 PM
  #4  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Hi, My name is Don. I am a WW1 model R/C model airplane junky. Welcome to the group.
degreen60 is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
  #5  
scalercflyer
Super Contributor
 
scalercflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,312
Default WELCOME Mode One!

Welcome, welcome to the best WWI thread! You will find MANY WWI nuts, historians and fellow fliegers here. We are a close knit group that loves to share, advise and break each other's chops here at the WWI era thread. You won't find a better group of Guys. And yes, we are all WWI model airplane junkies, addicted to all kinds of WWI aviation. Welcome to our group! Marty
scalercflyer is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 04:59 PM
  #6  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by scalercflyer View Post
Welcome, welcome to the best WWI thread! You will find MANY WWI nuts, historians and fellow fliegers here. We are a close knit group that loves to share, advise and break each other's chops here at the WWI era thread. You won't find a better group of Guys. And yes, we are all WWI model airplane junkies, addicted to all kinds of WWI aviation. Welcome to our group! Marty
Be sure and make Marty very happy by posting pictures of your RED airplane. Do not throw away your crashed and trashed planes, send them to me, if you do not crash your planes I can send you some hexed pilots to put into them. LOL
degreen60 is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 05:23 PM
  #7  
scalercflyer
Super Contributor
 
scalercflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,312
Default

Originally Posted by degreen60 View Post
Be sure and make Marty very happy by posting pictures of your RED airplane. Do not throw away your crashed and trashed planes, send them to me, if you do not crash your planes I can send you some hexed pilots to put into them. LOL
You are a VERY BAD MAN D! marty
scalercflyer is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
  #8  
TM4197
Dope&Fabric
 
TM4197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia/Delaware
Posts: 1,355
Default

DAG-ON...Degreen going for the kill already!!
TM4197 is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 07:26 PM
  #9  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Originally Posted by TM4197 View Post
DAG-ON...Degreen going for the kill already!!
I have to feed my habit somehow. Wife is wondering happened to some of her jewelry that I stolen to buy another WW1 plane I just had to have.
degreen60 is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 07:33 PM
  #10  
TM4197
Dope&Fabric
 
TM4197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia/Delaware
Posts: 1,355
Default

GOOD GRIEF....THATS BAD!!!!!!! There is help out there you know!

Just have not had the will to find them!! LOL
TM4197 is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 12:01 AM
  #11  
Mode One
Member
Thread Starter
 
Mode One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 70
Default

O.K., I see lots of enthusiasm for WW1 Aeroplanes. I still like and will continue to use both Glow and Gasoline power. Although I believe electric power is the power of the future for model aviation, it is simply another propulsion system choice we can make! I'm much more into the models, then the type of propulsion used to power them and actually do not understand why there seems to be such derision in the ranks over propulsion systems! I know that many Glow folks poke fun at electric! I also see ill will towards glow/gas folks by the electric crowd and I have to say I don't get it!

It's simply a way to power your airplane! The choice is the individuals to make and "wow" we do have choices now and I think that's great!
Mode One is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 01:38 AM
  #12  
TM4197
Dope&Fabric
 
TM4197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia/Delaware
Posts: 1,355
Default

Some like Chocolate...some like Vanilla..its always goning to be that way!Its no biggie. I think you will find most flyers here dont' have any issues with what you power it with....but the Forum is for electric. And watch out for DeGreen60.....if you leave the keys in it....its gone!!
TM4197 is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 03:53 AM
  #13  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

I use to fly Glow, course then you had a choice of Glow, Desiel, CO2, or rubber band. Started with U control then single channel R/C. Wonder if Glow will ever go the way of analog, tone control, and reeds. I like electric, plug in the battery and toss in the air. I have solar panel that keeps batteries charged. The brushless motor I have in my Morane Saulnier N sounds like an engine running


Watch out for TM4197, I think he is a pusher. Ever time I think I have broken the habit he sends me another crash that I just have to make into a WW1 plane that flys again. Now just the though has me getting the shakes. LOL
degreen60 is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 11:27 AM
  #14  
Rockin Robbins
Super Contributor
 
Rockin Robbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DeLand, FL
Posts: 1,883
Default

Originally Posted by Mode One View Post
actually do not understand why there seems to be such derision in the ranks over propulsion systems! I know that many Glow folks poke fun at electric! I also see ill will towards glow/gas folks by the electric crowd and I have to say I don't get it!
Glow is a four-letter word!Naturally we're going to deride it. Have fun, no matter what and how you fly!
Rockin Robbins is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 02:07 PM
  #15  
scalercflyer
Super Contributor
 
scalercflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,312
Default

Slimers! Yuck! Marty
scalercflyer is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 04:16 PM
  #16  
Rockin Robbins
Super Contributor
 
Rockin Robbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DeLand, FL
Posts: 1,883
Default

We electric fliers think gas is a four-letter word too!


We don't spell too pretty good....
Rockin Robbins is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 09:20 PM
  #17  
Gohmer
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 631
Smile

Originally Posted by Mode One View Post
O.K., I see lots of enthusiasm for WW1 Aeroplanes. I still like and will continue to use both Glow and Gasoline power. Although I believe electric power is the power of the future for model aviation, it is simply another propulsion system choice we can make! I'm much more into the models, then the type of propulsion used to power them and actually do not understand why there seems to be such derision in the ranks over propulsion systems! I know that many Glow folks poke fun at electric! I also see ill will towards glow/gas folks by the electric crowd and I have to say I don't get it!

It's simply a way to power your airplane! The choice is the individuals to make and "wow" we do have choices now and I think that's great!
This is a site dedicated to electric powered RC airplanes only. The polite thing to do here is follow that premise. Nothing hard to get about that.

Lots of places available to discuss other power options
Gohmer is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
  #18  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Who cares what is hanging on the front of it. Paint it red to please Marty and when it crashes send it to me. LOL
degreen60 is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 11:30 PM
  #19  
Mode One
Member
Thread Starter
 
Mode One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 70
Default

Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
This is a site dedicated to electric powered RC airplanes only. The polite thing to do here is follow that premise. Nothing hard to get about that.

Lots of places available to discuss other power options
Wow, maybe that's why they call it WattFlyer?!?

I'm not talking about either fuel powered airplanes; or, electric powered ones! I'm talking about the fact that they're only propulsion systems and asking why is there friction between the two? Frankly, if your telling me I should not be talking about the subject I've brought up, then this forum is a demonstration in exactly that derision!
Mode One is offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 12:57 AM
  #20  
scalercflyer
Super Contributor
 
scalercflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,312
Default

Mode don't be offended. We all love model aviation and all that comes with it. It's interesting and stimulating to talk about our chosen passion. Some Guys comment about other propulsion units and I don't mind it occasionally. Many of us, including me, flew glow for many years. Eat the meat and throw the bones away (take what you want from the comments). We do, however, like to talk about electric power. It's all I fly. BTW, pay no attention to D! He just wants another challenge and another crashed airplane! Marty
scalercflyer is offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 12:29 PM
  #21  
Mode One
Member
Thread Starter
 
Mode One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 70
Default

If it is frowned upon, to talk of glow power, can I even post photos of WW 1 airplanes that I've built that are electric (radio) but, glow assisted?
Mode One is offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:06 PM
  #22  
scalercflyer
Super Contributor
 
scalercflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,312
Default Go for it

Mode just go for it! We all like to see pics of WWI planes not matter how they are powered. Marty
scalercflyer is offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:21 PM
  #23  
degreen60
Flying Fish
 
degreen60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bloomfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,995
Default

Post the pictures so I can see how it looked before you send me the trash to make fly again. Now there will be planes I can put the HEX on and no one here will mind. I only have to HEX the power unit. LOL
degreen60 is offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 05:39 PM
  #24  
Rockin Robbins
Super Contributor
 
Rockin Robbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DeLand, FL
Posts: 1,883
Default

Oh fudgecicle (is that spelled right?) I never thought someone would chime in taking all the slimer/whatever we call gassers stuff seriously! Forget it. Post. This is a WWI forum first.

Although we hate sin we love sinners, even you. Nobody is beyond redemption and the assured salvation of electric powered flight! As you progress in your faith you will learn to walk in electrically powered light instead of in the flame.

No one ever was motivated by hate and scorn to repent...
Rockin Robbins is offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 05:43 PM
  #25  
scalercflyer
Super Contributor
 
scalercflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,312
Default

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Oh fudgecicle (is that spelled right?) I never thought someone would chime in taking all the slimer/whatever we call gassers stuff seriously! Forget it. Post. This is a WWI forum first.

Although we hate sin we love sinners, even you. Nobody is beyond redemption and the assured salvation of electric powered flight! As you progress in your faith you will learn to walk in electrically powered light instead of in the flame.

No one ever was motivated by hate and scorn to repent...
AMEN BROTHER!!!!! Marty
scalercflyer is offline  

Quick Reply: A WW1 Forum!!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.13987 seconds with 13 queries