Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

Next Generation RTF Warbird

Old 05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
gzsfrk
Community Moderator

Default Next Generation RTF Warbird

I just noticed that RaidenTech got in a new Corsair, this one sporting the brushless/LiPo/72mhz uprgrades that they recently offered with the Pitts, T-34, and Predator models.

While this is definitely a fantastic looking plane, I think they really screwed up with the pricing on this one. At $199, that puts it just $20 cheaper than the T-28 RTF--the plane which has now become the gold standard of mid-range affordable flyers. If they had introduced this RTF at $130 (same price as the Pitts RTF) with an ARF version in the $100-$110 price range, I think I'd be pretty tempted to save up and order one. But as it is, I think I'll just sit steady for awhile and see what develops.

Hopefully, this is the first of many upgraded planes to come. I'd really love to have a brushless version of the A10 EDF that they were selling at the beginning of the year.

Last edited by gzsfrk; 05-02-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:11 PM
max2112
Super Contributor

Default I agree...

I agree with you gzsfrk. That is a neat little package but I think it is overpriced.

But I did like the fact that they include an adapter cable and the computer sim disk.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:22 PM
SkunkyMagoo
Newborn Rotorhead

No specs on the motor, but has a 25A esc...must be similar to the trojan. The build quality on this looks surprisingly GOOD, real good if you ask me. I would most likely get an ARF version to get some quality electronics in there but the plane looks great.

Now in person...I dont know...
Old 05-03-2008, 12:03 AM
gzsfrk
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by max2112 View Post
But I did like the fact that they include an adapter cable and the computer sim disk.
True--I should have mentioned that. I guess that makes the price for the plane itself closer to $180, assuming you don't already have a trainer for your computer.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:24 AM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

You know, I talked to them about the Guanli ones a few months back. I suggested they would do much better with brushless and lipo power as stock.
You know what they said? "Okay, then that's what we'll get next time."

This one is the Art-tech Corsair. Different company. Looks really nice. They also got the Art-Tech Su27, too, I see. I bet they will drop the price on the Corsair, the price seems like a mistake...
Old 05-03-2008, 03:01 AM
gzsfrk
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by easytiger View Post
You know, I talked to them about the Guanli ones a few months back. I suggested they would do much better with brushless and lipo power as stock.
You know what they said? "Okay, then that's what we'll get next time."

This one is the Art-tech Corsair. Different company. Looks really nice. They also got the Art-Tech Su27, too, I see. I bet they will drop the price on the Corsair, the price seems like a mistake...
You know, I was thinking about dual-EDFs running brushless motors, and it got me wondering--is there an ESC out there made specifically for dual-engine setups? It seems like it would be a lot of unnecessary weight to have two 15A ESCs when a single 25-30A ESC would suffice. Of course, I understand that brushed motors don't have this problem, thus the single ESC in my Catalina.

And yeah, I hope you're right about the price on this Corsair--I think at $130-$140, they'd sell like gangbusters if it's a good flying, high quality plane. It's certainly got good looks going for it.

If I got one, I'd be tempted to try and mod it with retractable landing gear. Now THAT would be one sweet little flyer at a nice price.