Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

E-flight UMX Extra 300 BNF Review Underway

Old 02-07-2011, 06:16 PM
z-8
Banned

Default E-flight UMX Extra 300 BNF Review Underway

http://z8rc.blogspot.com/2011/02/e-f...a-300-umx.html

Bottom line up front for Wattflyers: This plane is a tough grade. The build quality absolutely sucks, making the price point just plain stupid. As I've shown above, other planes with more wing area and the same flying weight, test up to 20x stronger. Horizon is to be admonished for their new trend toward dirt poor product quality, ionospheric pricing, corner-cutting and resulting terrible value. At the same time, it is reasonably difficult to crash the 300 in a large gym-type of venue or outside based on a magical turn radius and low stall speed, and hitting grass with the light mass should prove forgiving indeed. So with a solid F- for build quality, D for price, and A+ for flight characteristics, I average that to a B+ (recommended) since airplanes are meant to be flown.

Last edited by z-8; 02-08-2011 at 02:42 AM.