Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

2nd Plane

Old 09-02-2012, 01:28 PM
hapbob

Default 2nd Plane

I am Good enough on the Champ (my first plane self learner)

I want a bit more challenge is there a parkflyer size pusher jet type plane I could fly for second plane?

A slower type pusher jet ?

Hap
Old 09-02-2012, 02:16 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Slow is the key for learning. Pusher Jet = FAST.

There are much better choices for learning than a fast jet model. Patience it won't be long before you are ready for the jets.

Mike
Old 09-02-2012, 03:28 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

ParkZone T28. Flies great. Not too fast, but pretty aerobatic on high rates once you're ready for it.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:00 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

If your into build and fly.....elect. balsa kit...

Just had the opportunity to fly a Stevens XS480 this morning....I'm only an intermediate pilot with SS and Piper experience...this XS480 is a fantastic trainer when all surface controls are dialed down...I'd heard of Stevens but never touched one until today....what a well constructed laser build with very predictable flight characteristics......although it's a kit, the owner (a flying buddy) clearly indicated it is a good begginer build...since I'm now starting on my first balsa Slow Stick X build...just thought 'd mention it!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:06 AM
dahawk
Super Contributor

+1 on the T-28. I have the PZ version but there are several others now. Duarafly and FMS look pretty good also. It's got the improved performance and is still easy to fly. I just souped mine up after a year. Bigger motor / esc/ 4S. You can learn more maneuvers on this plane and it will keep you on your toes but without being twitchy.

If you want to enter the edf world, I recommend the Phase3 F-16 or the JPowers T-45 50mm . Easy to fly. You can always scracthbuild a " prop in the slot" pusher jet . I built 5 of them . Pretty easy to fly. I'd recommend an F-22. These do help to improve flying skills.

But for plane #2 ? I'd go with a T-28.

Still one of my fav's.

Hawk
Old 10-19-2019, 11:24 PM
ROCKETCHRIS

Five months ago I had the same question for my son's second plane. He learned to fly on an EFlite Apprentice , but had outgrown it after a month of steady flying. Our trajectory was prop in the slot park jets because of the relatively low cost and the ability to build exactly what you want. Against a lot of peoples advice (most advised us to get a slow flying Extra 300 type craft) ; we decided to build an FRC Foamies ,profile ,F14 prop in the slot park jet with a non swept, fixed wing setting . The hand launch was extremely stable and the plane flew like it was on rails . We equipped it with elevons only. The FRC Foamies profile F14 quick build was a huge success for my son. He got about 25 flights out of it. Unfortunately, we let a fellow club member borrow it for a flight and it went in. Never the less, the F14 served its purpose and now my son is practicing the sportsman pattern routine with a TOMHE designed F22 we scratch built together. I know this is an old thread, but I would guess a lot of people are in search of their second plane. We choose a very stable , simple to build , prop in the slot park jet because our trajectory was in that direction. It was my experience that a low wing trainer or a slow aerobatic plane does not prepare me well for flying a mid engine pusher jet. This is just my opinion and I mean no disrespect to anyone else.