Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

A "new" kitter of under 250 gram BALSA kits!

Old 10-29-2019, 09:34 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Default A "new" kitter of under 250 gram BALSA kits!

https://willynillies.com/ So far he has 6 kits available and I've only built the Super Sport kit so far but I'm going nuts waiting for the several new cool kits he will be releasing this month. They're all UNDER 250 grams AUW so are FAA compliant. I just finished the Super Sport 250 using UMX Pitts S1 AS3X gear. Due to health issues I haven't been able to maiden it yet. The wood quality, laser cutting and build strength are amazing for a kit this small and light. Most kits are only $34.95! I don't know how long he can keep these prices. I plan to buy several kits before he's forced to raise prices. There is a Balsa build along starting up on FliteTest forums for builds of the Willy Nillies kits. https://forum.flitetest.com/index.ph...19-2020.60671/ It's starting to generate a lot of interest already and the kitter is offering incentives to builders in THAT forum. Post it there and your next kit is just a few dollars from free!

People that know me know that I've been a huge fan of Mountain Models since 2001 and own multiples of most kits. I put these Willy Nillies kits right up there with MM kits as far as quality and ease of build. Give 'em a look see.....

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Super Sport top.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	187688  
Old 10-30-2019, 12:51 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Joe Thanks for posting these lite planes that are FAA Compliant , I got out of RC because of the Gov wanting people to be Reg. as a Drone Pilot, Heck with that noise I like your plane, it looks like a Quicky 500 Racer Take care and have fun, Chellie

Old 10-30-2019, 07:52 AM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

The GLH is a lot of fun, I had one in 1985 it was great but finally got soaked in oil and came apart.
I might have to get another one.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:09 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Wildflyer View Post
The GLH is a lot of fun, I had one in 1985 it was great but finally got soaked in oil and came apart.
I might have to get another one.
Now with electric motors you won't have the soaked in oil problem and it should fly forever. Or at least until you re-kit it with a flying mistake.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:20 PM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

I have noticed every time I have rekitted a plane, it doesn't come with an instruction book.
I have to figure out every thing myself.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:18 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

If you've built even one laser cut balsa kit this is exactly the same just smaller and incredibly strong. The "instructions" that came with my Super Sport were basically just glue all the parts together. No pictures. Lots of useful setup info though. Mine was the latest kit release so maybe the others have more involved instructions. They seriously aren't needed. I had mine ready to cover in about two hours including all the mods I made like hatches, bolt on wing, motor cowl, landing gear retainer etc. I did spend many more hours figuring out how to make the UMX gear work. My hands are simply way to big to work with the tiny UMX flight gear and I came up with lots of new cuss words in the process. The next kit will be built with flight gear as recommended by Doug (Willy Nillies). I'm going nuts waiting for the next release. He's talking about as many as five new releases this month alone.

Joe
Old 11-23-2019, 04:43 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Looks like Doug (Willy Nillies) is getting ready to release a few more designs very soon. Many are old Carl Goldberg designs shrunk to 250 size. I'm waiting impatiently for the Eaglet 250 release to keep my Eaglet 50 company. He's made mention of a P-51 that may be coming soon and a Piper Cub as well. I've always been a rabid Mountain Models fan and now I have another kitter of equal quality but with smaller sized kits that save a ton of money to build, outfit and maintain.

Joe