Mini Ultra stick (E-Fight) - Page 14 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Mini Ultra stick (E-Fight)

Old 12-06-2006, 01:33 PM
edge_pilot

Definately for video the bigger the plane the better the video. Although the Mini stick with 20oz. attached to the bottom flys very smooth. We put the flaps down about 1/4 inch and it flys so good.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Mr.Pibb

Yea, I just ordered a Telemaster Electro for AP/AV, but I might have to throw some weight on my MUS to see if it can handle my camera. I know it handles the little CVS camera (stripped down to the bare board).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...67168687&hl=en
Old 12-07-2006, 12:06 AM
goflyhighrc

I have an e flight mini ultra stick, am trying to fiqure out the correct balance. How should the plane fly (glide ) when the power is shut, off mine comes down at an angle of app 7 o'clock'.It is set at the factory recommend point of 57 mm from the leading edge. I am used to foamie and they all glide whith the power off this one come down fast and at a big angle
Old 12-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Xrossbow

[quote=goflyhighrc;124247]I have an e flight mini ultra stick, am trying to fiqure out the correct balance. How should the plane fly (glide ) when the

I think E-flite changed it to 63 mm. I fly mine in the range of 63-65 mm.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:39 AM
goflyhighrc

Xrossbow - I looked up on eflights sight and they list the 24e at 63 mm and the mini at 57, do you have the mini or 25e, regardless how does yours react with no power,what kind of an angle does it come down at
Old 12-09-2006, 01:31 AM
Xrossbow

MUS

I've got it set for 62mm right now. Park 450 mounted outside. TP 3 cell.

Nice gentle glide, slow descent, and landing with throttle off, with slight up trim on elevator. Clock reference: Slightly below 9 o'clock.

Making some floats for the snow so we'll see how the trim works out with it. Made similar floats for a SLow Stick and they had no effect on CG or trim. And it is a blast. Even seems more stable with the floats.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:00 PM
justwannafly
JustwannaFLY

Thumbs up Advice on Maiden MUS

Hi
I'm about to maiden my MUS.
Setup is
Park 480 (1020)
TP 2100
11 x 5 prop

Has anyone any advice on throws/ expo or anything else that might help
Thanks
Old 12-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Mr.Pibb

I use the throws listed in the manual and they seem to work pretty well.
I think I'm about 30% for expo, although I think I may move to 40%.
Using a APC 10x7E with the same motor and similar battery with great results, unlimited vertical.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:33 PM
justwannafly
JustwannaFLY

Thanks for that.
Silly question but are the throws listed for both directions i.e. ailerons 19mm up & 19mm down----or 19mm total?
Just want to be sure!!!
Thanks
Old 12-11-2006, 07:39 PM
mxerman

19mm would be each direction or 38mm total. For your first flight I would set it about half that. Call it 10mm. The MUS need very little aileron to turn. As you get used to it you can allways add more. Good luck, enjoy..mxerman
Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
justwannafly
JustwannaFLY

Ok thanks, I'll set about 10mm low rates on Aileron & similarily reduce the elevator.
All I need now is some flying weather!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Idaho
wheeeee!

Default MUS maiden

A little advice about the maiden from my experience. If you're at all advanced with your flying skills just disregard this.
I'm still a novice flyer, taught myself with a Slow Stick, then E-Starter, both upgraded with brushless engines.
Then I decided it was time for a MUS with 480. I grossly underestimated the power and tried taking off with full power like I was used to with the others. I also had high throws. It took off like a rocket and the responsiveness got the best of me. After a few overcorrections I plowed in at high speed. I didn't think quickly enough to back off on the throttle. :o

This was back in the fall. I have a replacement fuselage but haven't had time to get back at it.

I'm sure I can fly the little beast but be prepared for it's power, and the lower throws makes sense.

Let us know how your maiden goes.

Arlie
Old 12-11-2006, 11:00 PM
justwannafly
JustwannaFLY

Hi Arlie
I'm not a novice but I have been reading alot about the MUS and it seems really fast. I'm more used to electric 3d models which you can land really slow!
I will let you know how it goes.
The plan is to take off on about 3/4 throttle on low throws with some expo thrown in.
It's the landing I'm concerned about.
At least the ground here is soft with all the rain we had lately.
cheers
Chris
Old 12-12-2006, 12:29 AM
gsk11740
I'm outta here!

Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
A little advice about the maiden from my experience. If you're at all advanced with your flying skills just disregard this.
I'm still a novice flyer, taught myself with a Slow Stick, then E-Starter, both upgraded with brushless engines.
Then I decided it was time for a MUS with 480. I grossly underestimated the power and tried taking off with full power like I was used to with the others. I also had high throws. It took off like a rocket and the responsiveness got the best of me. After a few overcorrections I plowed in at high speed. I didn't think quickly enough to back off on the throttle. :o

This was back in the fall. I have a replacement fuselage but haven't had time to get back at it.

I'm sure I can fly the little beast but be prepared for it's power, and the lower throws makes sense.

Let us know how your maiden goes.

Arlie
That's EXACTLY what happened to mine! I was used to flying a HZ Supercub and made the fatal mistake of treating the MUS the same way. I had the PnP version with the "smaller" 450 but it was still way faster than I was ready for. I got lucky (if you can call it that) and plowed it into soft mud next to a creek so only the fuselage got trashed. I almost have it all back together.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Idaho
wheeeee!

Interesting! I felt pretty silly but I guess it's part of the learning curve.

The way mine went in with pieces flying I thought it was a write off. The fuse was trashed but the wing only required a minor repair and the tail was fine. I'll have the parts swapped over before spring.
Arlie
Old 12-12-2006, 12:41 PM
gsk11740
I'm outta here!

Yeah, I think we've all been there at one time or another. Part of the learning experience I guess.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:21 PM
justwannafly
JustwannaFLY

Well finally the weather here in the UK has improved and the MUS was maidened this morning.
Used about 75% power for take off (Park 480, TP 2100 & 11x5 prop) and wow that was plenty! Tracked nice and straight on the ground.
Used about 10mm throw on Aileron and 30% expo. Yes 10mm was plenty for low rates!
Managed to get her trimmed-needed a fair bit of right aileron and a bit of up elevator. After that it was just fun, full power is crazy, out of sight vertical in a few seconds. Generally handles great and flies on rails.
I had fitted nylon bolts on the u/c in case but thankfully didn't need them. I think as someone said you need to leave a little power on for final approach.
All in all this little plane is as good as I hoped and real fun to fly.
Thanks to all for the advice on the setup.
Chris
Old 12-16-2006, 11:16 PM
mxerman

Originally Posted by justwannafly View Post
Well finally the weather here in the UK has improved and the MUS was maidened this morning.
Used about 75% power for take off (Park 480, TP 2100 & 11x5 prop) and wow that was plenty! Tracked nice and straight on the ground.
Used about 10mm throw on Aileron and 30% expo. Yes 10mm was plenty for low rates!
Managed to get her trimmed-needed a fair bit of right aileron and a bit of up elevator. After that it was just fun, full power is crazy, out of sight vertical in a few seconds. Generally handles great and flies on rails.
I had fitted nylon bolts on the u/c in case but thankfully didn't need them. I think as someone said you need to leave a little power on for final approach.
All in all this little plane is as good as I hoped and real fun to fly.
Thanks to all for the advice on the setup.
Chris
Congrats on the maiden. Keep it up and enjoy! mxerman
Old 12-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Idaho
wheeeee!

I'm hoping I can duplicate that next time around.
Arlie
Old 04-17-2007, 02:52 PM
ORD2FRA

Default High rates can kill!

Originally Posted by gsk11740 View Post
That's EXACTLY what happened to mine! I was used to flying a HZ Supercub and made the fatal mistake of treating the MUS the same way. I had the PnP version with the "smaller" 450 but it was still way faster than I was ready for. I got lucky (if you can call it that) and plowed it into soft mud next to a creek so only the fuselage got trashed. I almost have it all back together.
I also crashed my Mini Edge the same way. Flew on low rates for 4-5 minutes, handled great. Then flipped ailerons to high, and impacted the ground about 10 seconds later. It was simply too much throw and made it uncontrollable, even with 75% expo. Low rates were set at 40% and it was perfect.

I'll be getting a MUS and stocking it with the same electroncs from the Edge. Park 480, CC 25, DX6 setup. And keeping it on LOW RATES!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:46 AM
mike 07734

Talking Mini Ultra

The mini is awesome with the 480 motor along with 2150 mah lipo. Usually can get about 35 minutes . Used hs-55s and wowww fast plane and very movable. Almost too fast to keep up with at my field where I fly.

Mike
Old 04-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Mr.Pibb

Originally Posted by mike 07734 View Post
The mini is awesome with the 480 motor along with 2150 mah lipo. Usually can get about 35 minutes . Used hs-55s and wowww fast plane and very movable. Almost too fast to keep up with at my field where I fly.

Mike
35 minutes! I've got the same setup and I ususally get about 10-15 minutes. What prop are you using?
Old 04-18-2007, 01:02 PM
av8r
...the wind usually blows

I used to get 25 minutes on mine with the 480-1020, 11x7E or 12x6E and TP 3S 2100 PL with mostly pretty easy flying. But it's hard not to let it rip now and then. I figured I could easily get 30 minutes or more out of it if I really tried to. Flying more aggressively for most of the flight, it would last about 15 minutes. I usually don't fly it longer than 15 minutes with a mix of easy and aggressive flying now to take care of the packs. It depends a lot on how you fly it of course and how much throttle you use during the flight.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Mr.Pibb

Maybe I just need to pull the throttle stick back from being full forward
I do like to fly it all out a lot. Maybe I'll have to try a few flights taking it a little slower!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

I've been flying the MUS for about a week now and loving it. had a few issues with it, i got the pnp and a servo was stripped and the collet adapter was the wrong size. Horizon took care of my issues with no questions asked though, so i give them a thumbs up. I think i have to tone down my rudder throw because for any amount of rudder i give it just wants to roll and dive so i dont use it at all. Haven't had any problems landing it with just ailerons and I land it with 0 power and havent had any issues, comes in really smooth. Only thing I need now is to find a paved runway, i want to add some realism to the landings and take offs that grass wont give.

Quick Reply: Mini Ultra stick (E-Fight)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16642 seconds with 16 queries