General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

anyone hear about the new thunder tiger tuff heli?

Old 09-09-2008, 05:33 AM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Default anyone hear about the new thunder tiger tuff heli?

someone told me they were coming out with a heli like the size of the trex 450 and titan 325 but it was supposed to be tuff like the cx and stuff. plastic blades and stuff, I think it was called the ambassodor, I looked online and couldnt find anything. suposed to be out by christmas.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Balil
foam murderer :D

there is a article about it in next month's rc heli magazine. the name of the heli is called the innovator, and its your typical RTF 450 size heli but everything is intergrated into a 4-1 unit. hell even the battery is intergrated into the system. one good thing about it is that they're producing 2 different models. both are 3d capable but 1 has a md530 fuse, and the other is typical pod and boom. also if you're looking for a larger heli thunder tiger is also putting out a .30 size raptor v2 in a RTF kit for $600 or a century swift RTF for the same price.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:59 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Originally Posted by Balil View Post
there is a article about it in next month's rc heli magazine. the name of the heli is called the innovator, and its your typical RTF 450 size heli but everything is intergrated into a 4-1 unit. hell even the battery is intergrated into the system. one good thing about it is that they're producing 2 different models. both are 3d capable but 1 has a md530 fuse, and the other is typical pod and boom. also if you're looking for a larger heli thunder tiger is also putting out a .30 size raptor v2 in a RTF kit for $600 or a century swift RTF for the same price.
Thanks for the info I was begining to think no one knew anything, that stinks its going to have a 4-in-1 I hated that on the blade cp.
and the battery also, well I guess thats about the only way they could built it to be tuff enough.

I guess will have to wait for them to come out and see how they autally do.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Balil
foam murderer :D

you gotta remember this new heli produced by thunder tiger is targeted at the beginner market. which is why everything is intergrated into the 4-1. although you can take the mixer out of a cp if you want to run a seperate ESC but then again thats a lot of hassle. but from what the article says its supposed to be a good heli. and depending on the price i might pick up the md530 just to have a out of the box semi scale heli. god now that i think about it im going to have ALOt of heli's before x-mas.... got a century swift RTF ordered, im getting a t-rex 450seV1 and a t-rex 450SA next week *got one hell of a deal on those* ive got 2 cp pros, a blade 400, a kyosho nexus .50, and an "vintage" FP heli i cannot find anything about.... so buy christmas im going to have 9 different helis..... and can only fly 1 at a time.... ANYONE WANT TO DONATE SOME HANDS?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:38 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

sure, send me a couple, I will fly them for you ha ha.
Well I had a Blade CPP thats what I learned on then had a trex450 that thing cost to much, traded both for a plane and a CX2 for my gf. now only have the cx wanted a blade 400 but can't afford helis right now, but maybe if this new one cheap enough I will get one.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:39 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Balil View Post
I thought there were lots of problems with the Raptor helis. Am I wrong? I DO like the look of those Century helis though. I never knew they had a Raptor in the 600 class. Are we talking about the same one? Thanks.