Aerial Photography Discuss all aerial photography topics as they relate to rc aircraft

beautiful day for flying

Old 03-18-2011, 08:17 PM
wbuttry

Default beautiful day for flying

a day for low and slow flying and for really cutting loose and also some high views from the plane comments please [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI17CO1X27c[/media]
Old 03-18-2011, 10:34 PM
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Thumbs up

Hi
Outstanding
Pleased to meet you
Wonderful scenary, great video, excellent flight skills
Thanks ever so much for sharing that with us
Take care
Yours Hank
Old 03-18-2011, 11:48 PM
wbuttry

Originally Posted by kenchiroalpha View Post
Hi
Outstanding
Pleased to meet you
Wonderful scenary, great video, excellent flight skills
Thanks ever so much for sharing that with us
Take care
Yours Hank
thanks hank i appreciate it very much i loce flying and the flip vifeo cam does real good u tube ruins the quality of every vid it gets which sucks very much
Old 03-19-2011, 03:27 AM
Rolling Thunder
Keep the sunny side up

I donty see any crops growing yet.You must be up north
Old 03-19-2011, 04:54 AM
wbuttry

actually im in southeast missouri no crops yet except wheat and none to close
Old 03-19-2011, 05:06 AM
hillbillynamedpossum
Rode the short bus

you must be in the boot heel for it to be that flat.

Good vid

Possum
Old 03-19-2011, 09:50 PM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Same landscape as Iowa. We flew today too, great time!
Old 03-19-2011, 09:57 PM
hillbillynamedpossum
Rode the short bus

Dave,

Do you all have fire towers up there? Ive often thought that it would be cool as could be to get up in one of those and fly.

Possum
Old 03-25-2011, 05:19 AM
wbuttry

Originally Posted by hillbillynamedpossum View Post
Dave,

Do you all have fire towers up there? Ive often thought that it would be cool as could be to get up in one of those and fly.

Possum
sounds fun i would really love to get some good video of forest one of thesedays and a bunch of good wildlife vids
Old 03-25-2011, 05:10 PM
wbuttry

this isnt a flying video but it is my wildlife video though and a chance to try out my new flip video cam [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqyMsqHezDk[/media]
Old 03-25-2011, 05:31 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

Originally Posted by wbuttry View Post
a day for low and slow flying and for really cutting loose and also some high views from the plane comments please [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI17CO1X27c[/media]
Awesome video! What gear are you using? I'm currently looking for a camera. I have my eyes on a GoPro Hero 960, but you seem to be using something less wide angle.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:24 PM
wbuttry

you could try a flip ultra that is what i use im using it in a easystar and later this spring i'll build a mount and put it in my 1/4 scale cub i converted to electric in the easy star i use a 2845 2200 kv motor on 3s 2200 the motor is a 70mm ducted fan motor and runnin a 6x4 prop im pushin way over 300 watts on 3s it is rated to run up to 6s packs so it is fast i can put a easy star to 65mph in a few secs but the easy star cant handle that speeds very good...
Old 03-25-2011, 07:52 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

Cool! I've also noticed that a lot of compact digital "still" cameras now feature HD video. Would you expect that to be about the same quality as the Flip or better (or worse)? Here's an example of a camera that looks promising:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...u=00353571000P
Old 03-25-2011, 08:13 PM
wbuttry

it depends on the weight on the plane also you dont want a lot of weight unless you got the power to handle the weight well i will say a camera doing videos really not the way to go i got older videos using a cam it will work it might show some good vids reason i like the flip it is a dedicated video recorder thats all it does no stills or nothing no memory cards to loose or break it is one button and that is it hook to your computor software built in the flip and it is so convienent i guess it really also depends on how big the image sensor is straight movie cams the sensor is bigger than on a still cam the flip is 119 rite now and most cams are around the same price but i like the flip quality better honestly look at powers vids his is all done straight video cam
Old 03-26-2011, 12:20 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Powers is using a camera and video expensive stuff nothing cheap about his set ups. He does it professionally so he needs the best setup we are not selling are stuff.
This shows one of his camera setup's. Love to have the cash for a setup like his.
http://whispershots.smugmug.com/Othe...66464221_rcHpA
Old 03-26-2011, 12:50 AM
wbuttry

thats what i was saying if he wants a good video system get the best if u can afford to do it i cant for sure but that is my thoughts well gramps how tou like my raccon?
Old 03-26-2011, 12:50 AM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
Powers is using a camera and video expensive stuff nothing cheap about his set ups. He does it professionally so he needs the best setup we are not selling are stuff.
This shows one of his camera setup's. Love to have the cash for a setup like his.
http://whispershots.smugmug.com/Othe...66464221_rcHpA
Right... I could afford the GoPro Hero HD 960, though. It's only $179, which is only slightly more than the $120 I'd pay for a basic HD flip. Ok, I need some memory cards too, but I think I might have some lying around here. The cool thing is you can set it up to take a 5Mpixel still every 1-10 second. I bet I'd get some cool pics that way!

What worries me is the extreme wide angle lens on it. It sure takes nice panorama-style shots, but I'm not sure that's always going to be what you want.

I just ordered a Dynam Hawk Sky that I plan to mildly mod and use as a starter platform before I build something serious. It looks like people have have had a lot of success with that plane.

Basically just thinking out loud here. You're all welcome to chime in!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:07 AM
wbuttry

i'd like to have the go pro also but i dont really need it i need something that if i crash the plane and mess up the video cam i can get a replacement fairly quick like the flip i tear it up i dont half to wait long if i got the cash for one i go get a replacement and dont half to order it and wait a week i can crash the cam in the morning and have a new one by lunch now thats convienet thats what im after
Old 03-26-2011, 01:13 AM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

Yeah, that's another interesting aspect on it... I haven't crashed in months now, so I'm WAAAAAY overdue! :-)
Old 03-26-2011, 01:38 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

WB I was waiting for that coon to come out snarling at you that would have been hilarious to hear you and your buddies reaction to a coon attack.

Your videos look great by the way long ways from when you started out doing this. Sure is a learning process to be light on the sticks and get the camera mounted right to avoid distortion.
One thing with those go pro is they can make the horizon look a little to round. See that in some of the vid's on you tube.
I am hoping the weather report changes for Sun. I want to mount my cannon A590 on the Solution and try it out in video mode see how it works. the pictures with the camera come out nice and clear. I am hoping for the same when I try it for videoing.
Money is a issue when you are putting a expensive camera up I would need to be making money off of it for that just in case moment I dumbed thumbed it in so I could replace or fix it.
John
Old 03-28-2011, 07:42 PM
wbuttry

yes i agree it is expensive running quality equipment for sure honestly gramps we were like 2 ft away from the racoon and it never even tried to his or growl at us or even raise a paw i wonder if it wouldve let us pet him we poured him some food there in the rim he never even raised a paw he loves corn by the way he was eating the heck out of it
Old 03-28-2011, 10:39 PM
wbuttry

this isnt a flying video either but it was done with a flip ultra hd it is a ride with me on my gas powered bicycle with a airplane take off stop and then back to my van enjoy [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5zfmAkM2JM[/media]