Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

pz t-28 trojan

Old 09-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Tony G

I'd be mad as heck if I got that phone call, and as far as I'm concerned the RCMP can come to my house if they want to serve me.

Everything that has been posted is correct, you were doing nothing wrong, as the Trojan is legal for sale up here, and operates on restricted freq's that are exclusive for the use of RC.

The only thing that I can see in that charge is 'detrimental to people or property' which they may claim they felt their safety was threatened by the manner in which you were flying. I wasn't there so I couldn't comment either way.

I do know that when I fly in a park, I ensure there are no small children around, hence no parents to complain about me risking the saftey of their children.

I also advise getting your MAAC, and finding a local club, strength and saftey in numbers. You may find someone that has had the same sort of experience and can give you tips about how they handled it.

And I'll also say, I purchased a DX7 for my Trojan, (well a couple of other planes as well) and I'm happy to say after my first few hops I'm glad I spent the money, as it's a significant improvement over the PZ tx/rx, and gives me lots of options and flexibility with other planes. NO MORE FREQ PINS!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

i dont think he could have been flying in a manner to scare anyone since the plane just took off and smashed in from 5 feet. well unless its a heavily populated park.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

This afternoon, I spoke with our RF electrical engineer. I told him the story, and he suggested that the oil field technician may have been using a 72Mhz radio to calibrate his equipment. He went on to say that the oil industry uses "whatever works" (in this case, a 72Mhz transmitter).

You need to go back to the site, and take lots of pictures. Look for signs that say not to use radio equipment (especially on the 72Mhz band). If the signs aren't there, they don't have a case!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
flyersoc

Just a quick update. I got a call from the RCMP and the court date is set for November 17 2008. Nothing to do now but wait.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 PM
constantCrash
prefectionist

Flyersoc, how about opening a new thread in one of the General areas, Crash or Radio TX etc. This issue is not Trojan related, and is very important to all of us. (even though i'm not canadian).
Old 09-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Originally Posted by constantCrash View Post
Flyersoc, how about opening a new thread in one of the General areas, Crash or Radio TX etc. This issue is not Trojan related, and is very important to all of us. (even though i'm not canadian).
If you do, please post a link to your thread, in THIS thread. I'd like to follow along.

Let me know what I can do to help! :o
Old 09-17-2008, 11:12 PM
radweld

I find this story quite amazing, what the hell are you guys doing in Canada? The radio is using frequencies dedicated to RC planes, your in the right anyone else who using this band for non RC use is in the wrong. I am interested to see if common sense prevails or if Canada is a lost cause. What an amazing story.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:30 AM
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Just got off the telephone with Nathan from Warranty Support at RED ROCKET HOBBIES and he is shipping four (quantity 4) long lead mini servos for my Park Zone T-28 Trojan, Part Number (PKZ1081 Long Lead).

All I needed was one as my #2 Trojan exhibited a failed servo on Left Wing side.

RED ROCKET HOBBIES are A-1 as I talked he was typing my address and had the shipping label done before we ended our conversation.

Carlos
Old 10-11-2008, 05:51 AM
jecchile

The T-28 Trojan, even though sometimes the QC of the electronics is not up to par, has got to be one of the best flying semi-scale airplanes around. I had some bad servos also but Horizon replaced them - no problems.

I've had mine for about a year already and can't seem to be able to destroy it. I had a crash, due to a phantom wind storm that came out of nowhere, and the plane survived with only the cowl and engine mounts broken... I was lucky to recover it and it stills flies like a dream.

QC could be improved through the product line though - I went to buy the new "F4U Corsair" and upon inspection found that the wing was damaged. You could tell that it was done when they took it out of the mold since it was damaged and still painted. That was the only one they had at the LHS so I didn't buy one...
Old 10-16-2008, 02:58 AM
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Thumbs up Horizon Hobbies is A-1!

As reported last week, Horizon Hobbies is A-1 outfit to deal with....just late last week I called complaining about a dead receiver and dead wing aileron servo on my #2 Park Zone T-28 Trojan and look what I got in the mail today!!!!
Two Digital servos, three analog Long Lead servos and a 72Mhz Stock receiver on back order!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PA150091.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	80804  
Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 PM
marchino61

Originally Posted by guapoman2000 View Post
As reported last week, Horizon Hobbies is A-1 outfit to deal with....just late last week I called complaining about a dead receiver and dead wing aileron servo on my #2 Park Zone T-28 Trojan and look what I got in the mail today!!!!
Two Digital servos, three analog Long Lead servos and a 72Mhz Stock receiver on back order!!!!!!
Unforrtunately that is not my experience. I had the dead ESC in my T-28 that so many have complained of. I called Horizon on 11th June and they told me to send the dead ESC back for replacement.

I then phoned again on 2nd October to ask why I have not received my replacement. They said they had no record of receiving my dead ESC.

They promised to contact me within a week to work something out. It is now two weeks later - no contact.

I will now have to call them again.....probably a waste of time to be honest.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by marchino61 View Post
Unforrtunately that is not my experience. I had the dead ESC in my T-28 that so many have complained of. I called Horizon on 11th June and they told me to send the dead ESC back for replacement.

I then phoned again on 2nd October to ask why I have not received my replacement. They said they had no record of receiving my dead ESC.

They promised to contact me within a week to work something out. It is now two weeks later - no contact.

I will now have to call them again.....probably a waste of time to be honest.
you should always use delivery confirmation when sending things in for service.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:24 PM
marchino61

Originally Posted by Yaniel View Post
you should always use delivery confirmation when sending things in for service.
You are right.

Normally I would have done. But I have seen so many glowing posts here about Horizon's great service, how they replace parts without even having the defective ones returned, that I thought there would be no problem.

I phoned them again today and they still claim not to have received it. Also they claim that "Albert" whom I spoke to on 2nd October did NOT say he would contact me within a week (I say he did).

They will not do anything to help me despite the fact I returned to them a defective product for replacement which they probably lost.

I say that Horizon's service STINKS!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by marchino61 View Post
You are right.

Normally I would have done. But I have seen so many glowing posts here about Horizon's great service, how they replace parts without even having the defective ones returned, that I thought there would be no problem.

I phoned them again today and they still claim not to have received it. Also they claim that "Albert" whom I spoke to on 2nd October did NOT say he would contact me within a week (I say he did).

They will not do anything to help me despite the fact I returned to them a defective product for replacement which they probably lost.

I say that Horizon's service STINKS!
its possible they lost it, but without delivery confirmation, it could very well be the shipping companies fault (happens a lot) and you cant expect horizon to be responsible for the shipping companies mistake.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:07 PM
simibill
General Factotum

you cant expect horizon to be responsible for the shipping companies mistake.
My experience is quite different. I sent an AR6200 Rx for update, and they returned it to me, but I never received it. I called Horizon and reported the problem. I told them I needed their shipping info so I could file a claim with FedEx. They said that's too much of a hassle, and they sent me a new Rx.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by simibill View Post
My experience is quite different. I sent an AR6200 Rx for update, and they returned it to me, but I never received it. I called Horizon and reported the problem. I told them I needed their shipping info so I could file a claim with FedEx. They said that's too much of a hassle, and they sent me a new Rx.
thats why i love horizon.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:11 AM
cjg

Per their phone instructions, I sent in a defective ESC. A month later I hadn't heard. I called about it, in 3 days I had a new one.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:29 PM
marchino61

its possible they lost it, but without delivery confirmation, it could very well be the shipping companies fault (happens a lot) and you cant expect horizon to be responsible for the shipping companies mistake.

Sorry , but it does not happen "a lot". I send the part via International Post and they lose maybe one letter in 100,000.

Funny how it most often happens when it is to the other party's advantage

I feel that Horizon discriminates against non-Americans. As you saw from other posts here, others had similar experiences to me yet Horizon honoured the warranty. Why not for me?

I suspect either Horizon lost the part or it was held by Customs and Horizon could not be bothered with the bureaucracy to release it.

I could have sent it by a tracked service, but from Australia it would have cost almost as much as the part is worth.

I am very very disappointed with Horizon and have told them so. I expected so much more after reading the really positive reports on them on the Internet.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:16 PM
papabatman

anyone want to sell a stock motor
Old 04-22-2009, 01:33 PM
dmetior

Default trogan stock battery

Anyone else found that the stock battery that comes with the rtf trojan t-28 is prettyh useless?? took plane out today for the first time..got i off the ground, but lacked any power, so landed it after approx15 seconds..charger showed it to be fully charged when i left home..put it back on charge when i got back, 20mins later fully charged again lol ,,dont think so!! sent for new battery pack..
Samething happened with the super cub, stock battery wont fly the plane...cheers
Old 04-22-2009, 03:40 PM
radweld

Its more the stock charger that's useless but the battery isnt high quality. You will get much better results though if you invest in a half decent charger. I have a couple of Core RC UDC-20's and they have been great. There are several versions of this by different vendors.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Hack73

I bought 2 of these batteries as a pair for $36 including shipping. Best batteries I have. You'll definitely notice a big improvement over the stock battery. Do a Google search for Mystery Lipo batteries.

I just bought my last 2 off Ebay from here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-2200mAh-11-1V...742.m153.l1262
Old 04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Thanks Hack'inBub! I'm start'in to like Does-lipos! bub, steve
Old 04-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Prof100

Originally Posted by dmetior View Post
Anyone else found that the stock battery that comes with the rtf trojan t-28 is prettyh useless?? took plane out today for the first time..got i off the ground, but lacked any power, so landed it after approx15 seconds..charger showed it to be fully charged when i left home..put it back on charge when i got back, 20mins later fully charged again lol ,,dont think so!! sent for new battery pack..
Samething happened with the super cub, stock battery wont fly the plane...cheers
I haven't used the stock batteries a lot but find that they are quire good. I checked both packs with a CBAII and both provided more than 1800 MAH capacity. In fact, I was using one for practicing touch and go's and the flight time was nearly 12 minutes.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 PM
dmetior

Default lipo charger

Charged and discharged my trojan t28 stock lipo twice today!! Just charged it up and again it took only 20mins for the stock charger to show it was fully charged...Obviously a fault with either the battery or charger..Sent for a new battery yesterday so will see if that charges ok, if not it must be charger..Anyone recommend a good lipo charger??
thanks again!!

I was putting my cub into the car yesterday morning when this guy who has lived 5 doors along from me for the last 20years stopped and asked me where i fly my plane,,Anyway to cut a long story short, 10 mins later iam standing in his garage surrounded by approx 15 planes..He is now learning me to fly(ive only been flying 3 weeks)..Hows that for a bit of luck..lol.cheers!

Quick Reply: pz t-28 trojan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16566 seconds with 14 queries