Bit the bullet and bought a DX8 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Bit the bullet and bought a DX8

Old 02-19-2012, 10:14 PM
brutus

Default Bit the bullet and bought a DX8

Okay so I gave up on JR comming out with a 2.4 module (after waiting a year) and bought a DX8. So far I have only used it on my collection of Blade Helis and am pleased with it so far. Question is how many of you guys out there can take your eyes off your aircraft long enough to look at the telemetry stuff. If I try it I hope the thing can tell I just crashed.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Merritt

I have a DX8 and love it! I traded out from Futaba after many years of using them. I think the best feature for me is the telemetry. I have added the RPM sensor as well. All of the readings while not exact, can be helpful while flying. Set up your alarms (vibe and or audio) to them and they can save your aircraft from a bad situation. This you can do AND keep your eyes on the aircraft

Good luck with your DX8!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 PM
constantCrash
prefectionist

I don't look at the telemetry when I'm flying. I've got a couple of warnings set for Low motor voltage, and low receiver voltage and high temp. then I fly and look at the min and maxes when I land.