New hobby foam supplier mpf - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

New hobby foam supplier mpf

Old 03-15-2012, 11:58 AM
mav913

Default New hobby foam supplier mpf

I didn't see this posted here so;

modelplanefoam.com

From the looks of it it's selling like hotcakes so there is a limit of one box for the first week.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:25 PM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

No contact info on the site other than an email address. Most legitimate sites have at least a mailing address and phone number listed.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:37 AM
mav913

Default FLAMING

I am truly sorry I even posted anything about this at all.

It is a very legitimate business by three of the nicest guys I know in this hobby. One of whom in my opinion has been a tremendous help with his aircraft designs and the other who has taken the DollarTree foam board building to new levels.

Obviously bringing new information to fellow modelers is not what these forums are for. I am posting the message I was sent by one of the mods here for the rest to read. YOU DECIDE.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:38 AM
mclarkson
Super Contributor

Oh my...
Old 03-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Wilfor

Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
No contact info on the site other than an email address. Most legitimate sites have at least a mailing address and phone number listed.

I can vouch for all 3 guys . Don runs Strongrcmotors.com and ive bought from him many times before , great to deal with . Ken has been selling his kits forever on RCG and releases all his plans for free . Mike Does amazing 1 sheet plans out of Dollar Store foam . Mike is doing the site and he's fairly new at it so its slowly coming along . The first 60 some boxes have been shipped and are being delivered some have arrived and the product seems really nice .

2 of the 3 are Retired and are doing this more for Us the hobbiest then for themselves ..

Their RCgroups names are Springer ( Mike ) dz1sfb ( Ken ) bz1mrc ( Don )
if you want to check their histories
Old 03-23-2012, 06:10 AM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

mav913,

I thank you for telling us about the foam supplier. I like to have many options when purchasing things. I also have lots of ideas for foam planes, some are sort of weird, some normal.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 AM
eliworm

Is their site down? I can't get anything.

Jim
Old 03-23-2012, 03:30 PM
mumblinaviator
R/C Work and Play

crxmanpat was just pointing something out, didn't strike me as flaming at all...

site seems to be working for me... wish they had larger sheets though!

Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:58 PM
constantCrash
prefectionist

This site is on the up and up. They are just coming on line now with their product.

I've been following this development since the beginning. These guys contacted and XPS manufacture here in the US and worked with them to create a whole new line of foam just for RC modeling.

Here's the thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1533245
Old 03-26-2012, 10:55 PM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

My apologies if my post put any noses "out of joint". That was not my intention. As a Community Moderator it's my job to help keep the forums clean, and to enforce the forum rules. My first comment in this thread was totally legitimate, and I still stand by it (as a web-based business owner myself, all of my contact information is available, which is how it should be).

I also sent John (mav913) a well-reasoned PM explaining the rules about cross-posting and advertising. He was nice enough to post those details here in the open.

However, with all that said, I am glad that someone managed to post a link with some good information about this new foam material (thanks constantCrash!). After having read through that thread now, I am actually interested in this new foam as I sell kits made from 6mm depron, and this looks like a viable alternative to depron. I just have to first see how it does on a laser cutter.