Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Anyone have/flown a BlitzRCWorks Camo F-4 Phantom II

Old 11-30-2008, 07:01 PM
AlexinFlight

Default Anyone have/flown a BlitzRCWorks Camo F-4 Phantom II

Pic borrowed from their web site. Anyone have or Flown one of these? Opinions or thoughts? Looks like it can be bought PNP. Looks like Hobby-Lobby carries the same plane different name only in the gray version?

BlitzRCWorks Camo F-4 Phantom II

Specification:
  • Wingspan: 720mm (28.4 in)
  • Length: 1100mm (43.3 in)
  • Flying Weight: 950g (33.5 oz)
  • Drive System: 70mm Ducted Fan (Powerful Outrunner Brushless Motor)
  • Servo: 5X 9g high speed micro servos
  • Speed Controller: 45 Amp Brushless Speed Control
  • Battery: 14.8V 2100mah 20CLi-Polymer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F4 Phantom.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	85252  

Last edited by AlexinFlight; 11-30-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

No but i was looking into those! It seems Banana Hobby is one of the few places to get them. I watched the videos on all the Blitz model EDFs. They seem to be set apart from alot of the other RTF EDFs out there with a better stock power system! I even made a cart for the F-4 and the BIG F-18!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:10 AM
AlexinFlight

I think it is the same Jet as Hobby-Lobby sells. All the specs look to be the same.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/f4.htm
Text from HB:
28-3/8" wingspan, 43-3/8" length, 250 sq. in. wing area, 34 oz. flying weight. This all-molded foam airplane comes completely painted in an attractive matte finish with waterslide decals applied. The 70mm fan with brushless outrunner motor is pre-installed, as is the 45A brushless speed control. The jet has 5 pre-installed servos: (2) ailerons, (2) elevators, nose wheel steering. Landing gear is fixed but can be easily removed for hand launching. Battery changes are quick, just remove the canopy that is held in place with magnets. The jet is large enough for good visibility in flight, but is easily transported. The thrust from the 70mm fan with the included 4 cell 2100 mAh LiPo battery will quickly accelerate the F-4 into the air. The climbout is steep and the speed impressive. The full scale Phantom had the glide angle of a brick; our version displays much more pilot friendly manners. Due to its light weight the F-4 will slow down nicely and retain its good flying character, making landings a thing of beauty. Flight times are about 5 minutes on a charge. Requires a 4 channel radio.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	f4 hb.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	85300  
Old 12-01-2008, 02:04 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

I don't think I would try hand launching it though. It's too big and doesn't appear to have a good place to grip it. I don't think you could get a good toss at all. I liked the video on the Banana Hobby site.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:10 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Finally bought one from Banana Hobby. A nice jet indeed, but be sure to inspect the factory assembly of the plane. Mine broke at the tail, from the fuse on landing. It wasn't really broken, it just came off where they had it glued together...it was only tacked on in a few spots. Definitely not underpowered at all!!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:45 AM
elkmaster01

This jet is actually made by Famous,,,,I have over 100 flights on mine. I even got a set of Dubro, #dub 830, skis to fly it off of snow, works great ! Way too much fun!!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:12 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by elkmaster01 View Post
This jet is actually made by Famous,,,,I have over 100 flights on mine. I even got a set of Dubro, #dub 830, skis to fly it off of snow, works great ! Way too much fun!!
I flew mine today for the 2nd time since I've had her. The elevator seemed too slow to respond. I haven't flown in over 8 months. I ended up snapping the nose wheel right off! She flies great, but for some reason the elevator wasn't as responsive as I remember.

I flew my Phase 3 F-16 and Twister today and had a blast...wish I could have put the F-4 back up for a few more flights.