Informal Clubs Club Talk

The Unofficial Central Delaware Parkflyers Association

Old 05-24-2015, 05:13 AM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Originally Posted by NASCARNOAH View Post
What time is early?
I might try and get out for a few flights.
I'm going for 10 am
Old 05-24-2015, 09:24 PM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

Mobius video turned out really better than expected.... uploading now, I will send you a link Barry or check my channel out on youtube. the wind pushed that little guy out there
Old 05-24-2015, 10:01 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

My video of your monitor didn't come out too bad. I will upload it later.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:58 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Originally Posted by SmoothCruizer View Post
this is the telemetry/OSD board I am using, pnp simple setup with a 12v cam and transmitter. I will show you tomorrow if I see you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=30&v=ppRvMVqBXFs
Finally success!!! I got my telemetry units talking to each other and I've been able to download waypoints. I still need to finish my initial setup. I have to wait for a calm day to autotune and autotrim.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:53 PM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

Originally Posted by newjak View Post
Finally success!!! I got my telemetry units talking to each other and I've been able to download waypoints. I still need to finish my initial setup. I have to wait for a calm day to autotune and autotrim.
Tomorrow I'm going out there any ways despite wind, I am going to adjust receiver location for the 250 fpv quad, bring out FunCub, and spin up the 550e again or 450. If it gets to warm I am going swimming...edit charging packs tonight to be out early.... Woot!
Old 05-29-2015, 06:53 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

I'll come out for a few flights. Sunday's weather is not looking too good.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:11 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Tomorrow I'm going out there any ways despite wind, I am going to adjust receiver location for the 250 fpv quad, bring out FunCub, and spin up the 550e again or 450. If it gets to warm I am going swimming...edit charging packs tonight to be out early.... Woot!
What time are you going to be at the school?
Old 06-02-2015, 04:53 AM
beyondthebluerc

Been sick the past couple of weeks, but felt well enough after work today to get a couple heli flights in. I took my Blade 450 to the small field in my development. I've got this thing set up just about right. Had a blast just doing some fast forward flight, pirouettes, hovering and circuits. It felt good to get outside, get some fresh air, and get that bird in the air. Of course I always get a few spectators with questions, but that's ok. I don't mind. Happy flying guys
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	180897  
Old 06-04-2015, 02:19 AM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

Originally Posted by beyondthebluerc View Post
Been sick the past couple of weeks, but felt well enough after work today to get a couple heli flights in. I took my Blade 450 to the small field in my development. I've got this thing set up just about right. Had a blast just doing some fast forward flight, pirouettes, hovering and circuits. It felt good to get outside, get some fresh air, and get that bird in the air. Of course I always get a few spectators with questions, but that's ok. I don't mind. Happy flying guys
Glad your doing better bro. What question did you get first? One of the first and top questions I get or when a RC toy appears because they are so magical?!?!?!? is....... 1) How much did that cost??? 2) How fast does it go?instead of how skillful you are putting that together or wow that is so cool you got that with your hard earned money you worked for... but can you blame me for doing something I enjoy? society is something else.............

my FPV quad is really cool and new that takes practice to get use to, I can tell you that I stuck my hi visibility orange work shirt as a target and made sure I pointed it into the wind because I don't care who you are, you can't land it downwind
Old 06-04-2015, 02:32 AM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

Thumbs up

Oh BTW... I busted out a wicked new move last Saturday with the T-rex 450. Got it fully dialed in... FINALLY!!! nuff ranting in fact I am firing up my Sim now
Old 06-04-2015, 03:15 AM
beyondthebluerc

Glad your doing better bro. What question did you get first? One of the first and top questions I get or when a RC toy appears because they are so magical?!?!?!? is....... 1) How much did that cost??? 2) How fast does it go?instead of how skillful you are putting that together or wow that is so cool you got that with your hard earned money you worked for... but can you blame me for doing something I enjoy? society is something else.............

my FPV quad is really cool and new that takes practice to get use to, I can tell you that I stuck my hi visibility orange work shirt as a target and made sure I pointed it into the wind because I don't care who you are, you can't land it downwind
Cool man Yeah, the guy asked me if there were guns on it to take out squirrels I told him nah, but I guess it could take out a bird or two not that I would of course. He just walked away thinking he was clever. Some people are clue less. Some other guys walking there dogs were normal and watched for a while and asked me what the range was. I told them it will go till you can't see it anymore, so pretty far I was having a blast flying my heli, so these questions didn't really bother me. I was in the zone
Old 06-07-2015, 12:22 AM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Anyone flying tomorrow? I need a distraction.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:18 AM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

Anyone flying tomorrow? I need a distraction.
Wilmington Blue rocks game night for me, I just got home late, want to fly but probably not a good idea early in morning...
Old 06-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Sahara54
In the Shadows

Just checking to see if anyone has had radio issues while flying at PMS/Frear? I almost lost my taylorcraft on its first flight yesterday after losing signal over the football field. I was able to save it and set it down in the wheat field but it was a fight the entire time.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:50 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Originally Posted by Sahara54 View Post
Just checking to see if anyone has had radio issues while flying at PMS/Frear? I almost lost my taylorcraft on its first flight yesterday after losing signal over the football field. I was able to save it and set it down in the wheat field but it was a fight the entire time.
I don't recall anyone having interference issues in quite a while. There is a "Bermuda Triangle" at the corner of the school near the water tower, but since most of us are on 2.4ghz systems it is no longer an issue. Which radio system are you using? Did you range check before the flight?
Old 06-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Sahara54
In the Shadows

I don't recall anyone having interference issues in quite a while. There is a "Bermuda Triangle" at the corner of the school near the water tower, but since most of us are on 2.4ghz systems it is no longer an issue. Which radio system are you using? Did you range check before the flight?
I'm on 2.4 as well and I always range check. I've never had an issue anywhere else just seemed weird I've had the same issue at almost the same point on the field twice. The first one downed my plane but I was able to save it this time. Never had a problem at Schutte or behind my house.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:07 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

I'm on 2.4 as well and I always range check. I've never had an issue anywhere else just seemed weird I've had the same issue at almost the same point on the field twice. The first one downed my plane but I was able to save it this time. Never had a problem at Schutte or behind my house.
The only thing I can think of is it might be signal shadowing. Maybe try to relocate the receiver or change the orientation.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:08 PM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

The only thing I can think of is it might be signal shadowing. Maybe try to relocate the receiver or change the orientation.
there is a couple pockets like mention I have hit around the water tower as described where my Foamy Zero dropped out around the farmers field crop line, and almost had a bag full of parts and my 450 clone unusually dropped with a dead no recovery slam to the ground.

my next project this year and it was due my beat up F-18 will be gyro assisted AND FPV , going to order a Cheapo cam/transmitter combo now... pulled off the stupid nose cone and will attach the camera there, NICE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0607151451.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	180943  
Old 06-07-2015, 10:25 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

there is a couple pockets like mention I have hit around the water tower as described where my Foamy Zero dropped out around the farmers field crop line, and almost had a bag full of parts and my 450 clone unusually dropped with a dead no recovery slam to the ground.

my next project this year and it was due my beat up F-18 will be gyro assisted AND FPV , going to order a Cheapo cam/transmitter combo now... pulled off the stupid nose cone and will attach the camera there, NICE
I wasn't aware of your near mishaps. Spektrum? The water tower can cause multipathing to your RX. Problems out in the open are most likely caused by shadowing or mismatched polarity.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:51 PM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

I wasn't aware of your near mishaps. Spektrum? The water tower can cause multipathing to your RX. Problems out in the open are most likely caused by shadowing or mismatched polarity.
I should of mentioned that I was using that Flysky protocol setup with the Zero and the clone 450 heli uses spektrum dsm2. I had drop outs before (other aircraft) when we flew on the other side of the school, very minor glitches. I upgraded the Flysky radio with a 2.4ghz FrSky module setup. I need to order a receiver but still looking for one that no one wants. I also plan on using a 7db patch antenna with the module for better performance. I limited my rc budget to very little incoming parts and such no biggie
Old 06-07-2015, 11:17 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

I had a problem with my DSM2 RX on my 450 heli too. The problem for me was that the antennas were touching the carbon fiber frame. As soon as I moved the antennas everything was perfect.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:35 PM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

Wind has kept me from flying outside today , I got 3 hardcore flights with the little Cheerson Cx-10... it is a blast. fast piro rate and perfect indoor speed. I flew my v911's last week they are great too. gotta get that rc fix heh

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO9QsvLPesY[/media]
Old 06-08-2015, 04:30 AM
beyondthebluerc

Wind has kept me from flying outside today , I got 3 hardcore flights with the little Cheerson Cx-10... it is a blast. fast piro rate and perfect indoor speed. I flew my v911's last week they are great too. gotta get that rc fix heh

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO9QsvLPesY[/media]

Cool! Looks a lot like my Proto X Micro Quad Copter. No flying for me today either. Winds were a bit high, so I decided to go to the mall and see Avengers Age of Ultron. This is the last weekend it will be playing up there and I have been really busy lately, so I just had to get up there and see it. My wife wasn't feeling well, so I had to fly solo. AWESOME movie by the way!
Old 06-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Sahara54
In the Shadows

I did the Frsky telemetry upgrade last night that I've had since I bought the radio. Was kinda scared to go playing inside the radio but it was easy. Got so hopefully no more issues. I'm also going to relocate the receiver. I have an old skysport 4 that I would like to convert over. I really liked the feel of that tx. Figure it would be nice for the smaller models that don't need fancy stuff.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:32 AM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

I did the Frsky telemetry upgrade last night that I've had since I bought the radio. Was kinda scared to go playing inside the radio but it was easy. Got so hopefully no more issues. I'm also going to relocate the receiver. I have an old skysport 4 that I would like to convert over. I really liked the feel of that tx. Figure it would be nice for the smaller models that don't need fancy stuff.
Hey that's pretty cool, I went ahead and ordered a d4r ii receiver with telemetry and single line what cha call it input for less wires like I'm using now on my 250mm quad, agony part will be reprogramming the naze32 but clean full range signal is what I am after... It will be worth it

Smh Newjak is your drone GPS capable with rssi...looking forward for a sense of what kinda radio strength you might get in certain areas of the field

Quick Reply: The Unofficial Central Delaware Parkflyers Association

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.21316 seconds with 15 queries