Online RC Vendors That Ship For $5.00 Or Less - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Online RC Vendors That Ship For $5.00 Or Less

Old 09-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Default Online RC Vendors That Ship For $5.00 Or Less

I have a list of over 300 RC vendors and will be checking all of them for shipping costs. It will take me some time to gather the data but it should turn out to be an excellent resource for online shoppers. Please be patient with me as I do the research and update this post.

So as we know we are comparing apples to apples, the ground rules are that we are shipping a servo or other small items. Oversized containers make shipping more expensive no matter who is shipping it unless a company offers special deals or promotions.

Free
Amazon
Your LHS

$1.99
Tower Hobbies (Free if >$99 and SSC)

$2.00
HeadsUp RC

$2.32
Banana Robotics

$2.79
A Main

$2.95
3drcparts
Small Parts CNC

$2.99
Horizon Hobby (Free if >$99)

$3.00
Radical RC

$3.27
Aloft Hobby

$3.32
Atomik RC
Blue Sky RC

$3.41
Buddy RC

$3.49
Altitude Hobbies

$3.50
3DRCForums Swag
BP Hobbies

$3.62
Cheap Battery Packs

$3.95
3D Foamy

$3.99
Value Hobby

$4.00
Micro Fasteners

$4.32
3DXHobbies

$4.50
Millennium R/C

$4.95
3DRC Hobbies

$5.00
Motion RC (<$100, Free for >$100)

Let me know what you know and I will update this post.

Thanks,

Frank

Last edited by Murocflyer; 10-12-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:41 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

No one shops online anymore? Or did I cover all the places people shop in already above?

Frank
Old 09-28-2014, 09:06 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Frank Aloft Hobby has great shipping prices depending on what you buy, and their service is excellent. Just bought a RX, and only 3.27 for shipping.

Last edited by gramps2361; 10-02-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Got it. Thanks! Post #1 updated.

I think this is going to be a valuable resource for those that are looking to stretch their RC dollar.

Frank
Old 09-28-2014, 09:14 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

I know it's more work for you, but it would be nice to add the web links to each one for the new people.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

I agree, and have thought about doing that as well. I figured once we come up with a decent list, I can go back and update with web links.

Frank
Old 09-29-2014, 12:00 AM
riverrat
circa: 1946

Frank

Good job!

Regards
Jimmy
Old 09-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Thanks Jimmy.

Post number one updated. Anyone else shop online?

Frank
Old 09-30-2014, 09:44 PM
carpetbagger

Of course. 99% of my stuff is ordered online. I use several vendors listed, HeadsupRC one of my favs, and a few not on list. Not cheap shipping but reasonable. Sig -Sigment and great balsa, National - good balsa sitka spruce basswood ply & lite ply, great prices, and Shorty's Basement, best price on Esaki tissue. I get nitrate dope from Aircraft Spruce and silk from Darmha & Thai silks. 5mm white, dye it with Rit, works just dandy.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:43 PM
road king 97
old hat

Some companys state oversize shipping is extra so you have to make sure that plane you ordered is not considered over size i guess. joe
Old 10-01-2014, 02:19 AM
max2112
Super Contributor

Good thread, Frank. Thanks!

I really like Motion RC. Shipping is $5 for orders less than $100. Free shipping for $100 and over.

This is a great on-line vendor for me.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:41 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Keep in mind when there is any shipping delay it is usually 99% NOT the fault of the guys you made the purchase from regardless the shipping cost you were charged. Everybody knows Heads Up R/C is in the top 194% of online sellers and their $2.00 shipping is amazing. Well, my last HURC order that USPS says I should have gotten yesterday is still sitting in Orlando, FLA. and it's now Tuesday evening. Can I get ticked at HURC? No. They've done all they could by getting it into USPS hands. Can I get ticked at USPS? Not really. I've come to expect poor performance from USPS so this is nothing new. If I get the order before the weekend I guess I'll be happy. After all it's just parts for yet another "toy". Not a replacement valve for an artificial heart.....

Joe

Last edited by Turbojoe; 10-01-2014 at 02:41 AM. Reason: speellling
Old 10-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Thanks John, post #1 updated. If anyone else has anyone shipping prices to share I will be glad to update the thread.

Well said Joe and that is a great attitude to have. Poop happens and sometimes you can't help it.

Just remember, "If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball."

Frank
Old 10-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

I know there must be more people that shop online. Please feel free to post your shipping costs and I will add the to my list.

I am going to go through all 300 plus RC vendors and documenting shipping costs. I may just post the companies that are under $5.

It may take some time but I'm gonna do it.

And if there are any people that live overseas and order from the US, I would be happy to annotate those costs as well.

Frank
Old 10-04-2014, 03:00 PM
road king 97
old hat

JP cycles ordered my new Harley rear tire and recieved in 3 days ,shipping was free . Yea Yea its not airplane stuff but many of us on wattflyers ride bikes . joe
Old 10-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Originally Posted by road king 97 View Post
JP cycles ordered my new Harley rear tire and recieved in 3 days ,shipping was free . Yea Yea its not airplane stuff but many of us on wattflyers ride bikes . joe
Free shipping is for over $99.99 but they have great prices. I need a front tire soon so will save the link. Thanks!

Joe
Old 10-04-2014, 03:30 PM
road king 97
old hat

Originally Posted by Turbojoe View Post
Free shipping is for over $99.99 but they have great prices. I need a front tire soon so will save the link. Thanks!

Joe
Joe you know you cant buy a nut or bolt for a Harley thats not cheaper than 99.99 ! http://www.jpcycles.com/home/new4/0
Old 10-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
I know there must be more people that shop online. Please feel free to post your shipping costs and I will add the to my list.

I am going to go through all 300 plus RC vendors and documenting shipping costs. I may just post the companies that are under $5.

It may take some time but I'm gonna do it.

And if there are any people that live overseas and order from the US, I would be happy to annotate those costs as well.

Frank
Shipping cost is THE deciding factor for me when it comes to where I finally make a purchase. I won't name the place but I was recently looking for two Berg RX crystals. They're getting pretty hard to find. This place had the ones I wanted but shipping was $9.95!!!! Needless to say I didn't buy from them. A member on another site stepped up and sent me one. I'm also put off quite a bit when I have to sign up on the site just to get a shipping cost.

Joe
Old 10-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Joe you know you cant buy a nut or bolt for a Harley thats not cheaper than 99.99 ! http://www.jpcycles.com/home/new4/0
That's why I ride a Kawasaki. Nuts and bolts are only $99.98. The word motorcycle seems to give this market the freedom to bend us over on everything we need regardless the bike mfg. It's almost (and likely) criminal.

Joe
Old 10-04-2014, 03:40 PM
road king 97
old hat

Shipping cost is THE deciding factor for me when it comes to where I finally make a purchase. I won't name the place but I was recently looking for two Berg RX crystals. They're getting pretty hard to find. This place had the ones I wanted but shipping was $9.95!!!! Needless to say I didn't buy from them. A member on another site stepped up and sent me one. I'm also put off quite a bit when I have to sign up on the site just to get a shipping cost.

Joe
Iam with you i wont sighn up to a site to buy from them ,they ask for to much imfo and i think some are selling your imfo . Yep harley parts are not cheap and i dont look down on other bikes . I have had hondas and just bought a 250 reflex Honda scooter for riding around town .I like all bikes and own a 56 vespa and a 58 cushman eagle . I think alot of shipping prices will drop soon once winter is here it seams with less people buying they tend to lower them . joe
Old 10-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Joe
I agree. If shipping costs are stupid high like you mentioned, I buy from someone else. That's why I thought it was a good idea to make a list of the RC stores that provide cheap shipping to their customers. I have heard some ugly talk about doing this and I don't know why. Seems like a needed resource and would save someone some time since they would know where to shop first.

As far as shopping online for motorcycle stuff, here is another option. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ Free shipping for > $89 and they ship fast also.

Frank
Old 10-04-2014, 06:54 PM
road king 97
old hat

I agree. If shipping costs are stupid high like you mentioned, I buy from someone else. That's why I thought it was a good idea to make a list of the RC stores that provide cheap shipping to their customers. I have heard some ugly talk about doing this and I don't know why. Seems like a needed resource and would save someone some time since they would know where to shop first.

As far as shopping online for motorcycle stuff, here is another option. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ Free shipping for > $89 and they ship fast also.

Frank
I have never bought a arf online and dont know the cost so i buy very few parts from online stores . When i do buy online tho i try and place a larger order to justify the shipping if its possible .. If i need something fast to complete a build like motors or escs iam most times in a hurry and just bite the bullet and pay what ever they want. joe
Old 10-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

I have heard some ugly talk about doing this and I don't know why. Seems like a needed resource and would save someone some time since they would know where to shop first.

Frank
It's a great resource and thanks for starting it. I've been looking all over for "Major" brand decals local and the LHS's never restock this stuff. Saw your post and it reminded me about the $1.99 Tower Hobbies shipping for parts orders. I looked and the decals had the green check mark by them. Boom! Placed my order and I now have them in my hot little hands after only two days. Were it not for your post I would have given up on the planned scheme on my newest build. Ignore those naysayers. They're just malcontents from RCG.

Joe
Old 10-04-2014, 07:29 PM
road king 97
old hat

It's a great resource and thanks for starting it. I've been looking all over for "Major" brand decals local and the LHS's never restock this stuff. Saw your post and it reminded me about the $1.99 Tower Hobbies shipping for parts orders. I looked and the decals had the green check mark by them. Boom! Placed my order and I now have them in my hot little hands after only two days. Were it not for your post I would have given up on the planned scheme on my newest build. Ignore those naysayers. They're just malcontents from RCG.

Joe
Joe i buy all my graffics and have her desighn some for me cheap . She is the best and has nice stuff also. Shipping was by mail and it was not long to get . joe http://www.callie-graphics.com/airplanes.php
Old 10-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Joe i buy all my graffics and have her desighn some for me cheap . She is the best and has nice stuff also. Shipping was by mail and it was not long to get . joe http://www.callie-graphics.com/airplanes.php
Agreed. Callie is the best there is. She did the Coors light Silver Bullet decals for my Dave Blum BD-5 several years back. I also have some heli canopy sheets she did. Great stuff. I should have gone ahead and gotten the graphics for my Park Scale Models Monocoupe from her but decided to do them myself. They look just OK. Would have been awesome from her.

Joe

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10494 seconds with 12 queries