ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Parkzone habu - edf jet?!

Old 10-21-2009, 07:36 PM
JoeTheFlyer
The UK's Red Baron

Default Parkzone habu - edf jet?!

[media]http://www.horizonhobby.de/Air%20Meet%20Bilder/Sonntag%201/Habu-3-g.jpg[/media]

I actually can't believe my eyes, is this the first ever parkzone EDF?!
Latest info i know of:
4 cell LiPo
6 Pole Inrunner
Will be PNP and BNF
and apparently it's not far from production?

This is the answer to my dreams ! xD

Anyone with any more info please post!!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:43 PM
JoeTheFlyer
The UK's Red Baron

another pic

[media]http://horizonhobby.de/Air%20Meet%20Bilder/Sonntag%201/Habu-1-g.jpg[/media]
Old 10-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Felklaw

That is going to be awesome if they do keep the BNF / RTF path running.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 AM
thehaze
Crash Technician

Cool... But I'm not a big fan of how it looks, kind of ugly if you ask me.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:02 PM
JoeTheFlyer
The UK's Red Baron

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOUTE4zBAxw[/media]
Old 10-23-2009, 02:20 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

At $299. PnP without battery or Rx they can keep it.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:18 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Don't worry Al for $400 you can get it BNF.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:48 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Oh yeah I'll take 2 one for me and 1 for James. At least Horizon rolled back E-Flight prices in this STIMULUS NEEDED ECONOMY. Seems like Parkzone is aiming for a share of the market that might not be there. Expensive Sport EDF jets that aren't scale models of real jets?? Bet it gets discontinued after Xmas. Eh maybe single guys that want it can swing it but not too many wives are gonna say, "Sure honey $300. to $400. for a toy that will eventually get busted up." At least not around here. I can think of 3 $100, airframe only jets I'ld rather have.My son priced out the airframe only and with out the motor ,fan and landing gear which seemed to be retracts it was $120. Now that's almost doable.

Last edited by Alpea42; 10-23-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:14 PM
JoeTheFlyer
The UK's Red Baron

as cool as it looks, the price tags are too much.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:57 PM
constantCrash
prefectionist

It doesn't have retracts that I can see.

I read the headline and said YAY finally a PZ EDF. but at $300 without battery and $400 with it's just not worth it. They should have just done a edf stryker.

I can pass on this one.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Felklaw

Yeah, now I'm sad.

It looks to have good performance (beyond my comfort level) but for that price, I can get the ME-109 BNF and the Spitfire BNF.
That is definately a more doable sell to the wifeys.

Or as stated above, can get a scale jet (Su-34, Su-27, MiG-29, F-16, F-18, F-22, etc)
I was seriously loving the latest trend of Parkzone with the micro P-51 and their whole BNF concept, but it looks like they got a little too greedy with this one.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:36 PM
constantCrash
prefectionist

Ehh, PZ and E-flite have had so many winners this year, they had to fail somewhere. Lets hope that this dosn't completely throw them off the EDF theory as I'd really like to see an Entry level EDF from PZ in Z-Foam.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:43 PM
David Eichstedt
Horizon Hobby

Keep in mind the Habu has high-quality brand name components installed that are not cheap. This is what is driving the price. These include:

E-flite Delta-V 15 fan
E-flite BL15DF motor (same as BAe Hawk motor but at 3200Kv)
E-flite 30C, 4S 3200 Li-Po
E-flite 60A Pro ESC
Spektrum AR500 Receiver
5 servos (ParkZone, 3 digital metal-geared, two "regular")
4-cell charger

If you total up the cost of these separately, not including the airframe you're well over the price of the BNF.

With the Habu we wanted to deliver a unique EDF experience. It flies like a larger airplane, very similar to a good turbine sport jet. The rudder is one of the keys to this performance. As you can see from the video, the Habu can do extended knife-edge as well as precise slow rolls and point rolls. When you want to go fast, it can go fast, but when it's time to land, it slows down extremely well. And we wanted to deliver this performance stock, out of the box, with no need to upgrade.

Once you see it perform you might get a little different view of the value equation. We just had a great response from consumers at iHobby in Chicago, so I think a lot of people are going to enjoy this one.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
dk_aero

Originally Posted by constantCrash View Post
It doesn't have retracts that I can see.

I read the headline and said YAY finally a PZ EDF. but at $300 without battery and $400 with it's just not worth it. They should have just done a edf stryker.

I can pass on this one.
Sorry Dave, I'm gonna have to pass on this one also... Too expensive for a generic looking jet (at least without retracts) - the "Habu" graphics (not to mention the name "Habu") are just too lame for my taste. For some reason it keeps reminding me of the Multiplex Twister. Really nice flying, but just lame looking.

PZ could have done an A4 "Scooter" the same size (very similar planform) and had something that looks like a "real" jet. I just don't see the attraction when I can pick up a similar sized and performing Exceed F/A-18 (receiver ready) for $179...

BTW, My favorite planes are FW190 and P51BL, and I'm gonna pickup the Bf109... I'd really like to see the FW190 in Z-foam and new color scheme.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:56 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Dave is right about the high retail value of the components . Does E-Flight charge Park Zone retail price for the parts? I just think entry level R/Cers who are trying to get into an EDF wont go with this quality. And experienced EDF guys are going for extreme speed components or acurate scale models. Hope it does sell enough units to cover development costs and make profit for you. But I think it will be passed over by economy minded consumers.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:47 AM
jkaven

Oh god.. $299 for PNP?

No thanks. I could care less about "Brand name E-Flight" parts. If it wasn't for an E-Flight ESC I'd still be flying my beloved Stryker
Old 10-26-2009, 03:51 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I would buy one, I think it looks cool and the video is great. I just don't have it like that...my wife would seriously flip out :o.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:12 AM
CrazyRonny

I will have one as soon as they will be available.... it look to be be an awsome performer and I really like the look of it, the price tag look to be more than ok for what I will have

Can't wait
Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 AM
~KevJ~

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by David Eichstedt View Post
Keep in mind the Habu has high-quality brand name components installed that are not cheap. This is what is driving the price. These include:

E-flite Delta-V 15 fan
E-flite BL15DF motor (same as BAe Hawk motor but at 3200Kv)
E-flite 30C, 4S 3200 Li-Po
E-flite 60A Pro ESC
Spektrum AR500 Receiver
5 servos (ParkZone, 3 digital metal-geared, two "regular")
4-cell charger

If you total up the cost of these separately, not including the airframe you're well over the price of the BNF.

With the Habu we wanted to deliver a unique EDF experience. It flies like a larger airplane, very similar to a good turbine sport jet. The rudder is one of the keys to this performance. As you can see from the video, the Habu can do extended knife-edge as well as precise slow rolls and point rolls. When you want to go fast, it can go fast, but when it's time to land, it slows down extremely well. And we wanted to deliver this performance stock, out of the box, with no need to upgrade.

Once you see it perform you might get a little different view of the value equation. We just had a great response from consumers at iHobby in Chicago, so I think a lot of people are going to enjoy this one.
Hey Dave,
what worries me is how long it will take before i can get my hands on one in Sydney Australia.. ???
do you have an expected date for australia? and any idea of what prices i might be looking at?

thanks mate

ps. for an intermediate flyer i like being able to trust parkzone to supply me with a plane that is good to go out of the box. i love my trojan and expect this to be an edf version of that experience..
Old 10-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Felklaw

Well I have to sort of agree with Dave (and slightly take back some of my words).
I saw the Habu at iHobby over the weekend, and there are some real top quality parts inside her. The lady I spoke with mentioned the charger alone is a $100 piece.

I can see how the BNF would be so expensive with those items, but that would make you believe the PNP should be atleast $150-$180 cheaper...

She does look real nice up close. Unfortunately I agree also with the fact that it doesn't look like any other jet apart for the twister as mentioned above.
I love actual military jet shaped, and a nice Hawk or A4 would have been better. Check out the RAAF Hawk and see what would be beautiful !

And for the same money, I can get a Multiplex Blizzard with performance kit, and break 120-130 mph speeds, or thermal (pretty decent flight speed spectrums.)

I am sticking to my original comments, ME109 and Spitfire still a better sell to the banker. Still love Parkzone, just not a lover of the Habu unfortunately.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:30 PM
horseflesh
Complete newb

The jet looks swell. Personally I don't care about the planes I fly being accurate models. When they are, like the micro Mustang, it's just the icing on the cake. I may be unusual in that.

I am a big BNF fan, except I am getting tired of collecting chargers. I suspect that many pilots who are ready for a jet will already have a decent charger. If I was ready for a jet, the nice charger in this package might actually be a disincentive to me.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:25 AM
~KevJ~

Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
The jet looks swell. Personally I don't care about the planes I fly being accurate models. When they are, like the micro Mustang, it's just the icing on the cake. I may be unusual in that.

I am a big BNF fan, except I am getting tired of collecting chargers. I suspect that many pilots who are ready for a jet will already have a decent charger. If I was ready for a jet, the nice charger in this package might actually be a disincentive to me.
yeah i kind of agree with you there horseflesh , it would be stretch to think ppl would pick up the habu for a first plane and its a valid point about the lack of need for the charger.. id much prefer this price drop of not having it.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:32 AM
jriley1974

It's not cheap to build a 4S edf so I think the BNF is a good package. The only problem is where it falls in the market of things. Those components can go into an Eflight BAE hawk, which looks nicer in my opinion. Or throw that in a Phase 3 f-16 for some real speed.

That being said, do the other two aircraft knife edge down the runway!

Just another toy out there to add to X'mas wishlist
Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Factory pilots could knife edge a Frisbee. With the right set up.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:50 PM
David Eichstedt
Horizon Hobby

Originally Posted by Alpea42 View Post
Factory pilots could knife edge a Frisbee. With the right set up.
If you can do knife edge, you can do knife edge with the Habu.

I'm the worst pilot in our office, which really puts me at the average sport flyer level. On my first flight with the Habu (w/landing gear) I was able to do one of those nice nose-high landings like we have in the video. We wouldn't be emphasizing the handling qualities if it took mad skills to take advantage of them.

Quick Reply: Parkzone habu - edf jet?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10251 seconds with 14 queries