Edomodels F-4 Phantom, ready to go! - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Edomodels F-4 Phantom, ready to go!

Old 05-25-2008, 04:07 PM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Default Edomodels F-4 Phantom, ready to go!

I just posted pics over on in the "general posts" section of the new Edo F-4, all painted, in two factory schemes. It's a honey. I have to of their Eagles, the plane is a gem...
Astonishing to read the thread about this plane over on RCgroups, it's just preposterous, with guys complaining about the cost of this and that, and mistaking a Skymaster F-4 turbine jet for a foamie one...just nuts, clutter, and disinformation. I feel bad for Edomodels, they make really nice stuff, and are really nice people, they make an announcement and show a few pics, and it's like open season for everybody to comment on all sorts of things that have nothing to do with Edomodels...oh, well.

Last edited by Kosh; 05-29-2008 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Removed link requiring registration againts TOS rules
Old 05-25-2008, 04:30 PM
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

Not a member over there. Post them here plz.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Cpt.TYPHOON

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 412609" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>Here you go ...
</TD><TD class=alt1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	67128   Click image for larger version

Name:	index1.jpg
Views:	944
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	67129   Click image for larger version

Name:	index2.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	67130   Click image for larger version

Name:	index3.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	67131   Click image for larger version

Name:	index4.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	67132  

Click image for larger version

Name:	index5.jpg
Views:	940
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	67133   Click image for larger version

Name:	index6.jpg
Views:	8018
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	67134  
Old 05-26-2008, 12:28 PM
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

Thanks Cpt. /salute
Old 05-26-2008, 05:02 PM
dk_aero

Very nice... Any idea of availability?

Of course, we'll have to fix that nose...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	f4c-mang.jpg
Views:	7603
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	67171  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Terry Till

Default Let's get a few things straight

Originally Posted by easytiger View Post
I just posted pics over on www.rcfreedom.com in the "general posts" section of the new Edo F-4, all painted, in two factory schemes. It's a honey. I have to of their Eagles, the plane is a gem...
Astonishing to read the thread about this plane over on RCgroups, it's just preposterous, with guys complaining about the cost of this and that, and mistaking a Skymaster F-4 turbine jet for a foamie one...just nuts, clutter, and disinformation. I feel bad for Edomodels, they make really nice stuff, and are really nice people, they make an announcement and show a few pics, and it's like open season for everybody to comment on all sorts of things that have nothing to do with Edomodels...oh, well.
Easytiger,
every picture I posted (under ex-racr) was WHAT I WAS E-MAILED BY E-DOMODEL! Now that they revealed the schemes, it is clear why they sent me pics. of the turbine model. Until that point, I did not know and wondered about the VF-84 phantom. That and the language barrier made things confusing.
My posts over there are quite easily understood.
E-Domodel posted initially (erroneously) in the Electric Events, so I requested that it be moved to foamy edf's. The moderators put it in product announcements. I started the thread in foamy edf's to get them the same exposure as Starmax had.
There's no way to delete extraneous comments in those threads. Never the less, there is a desire of the majority to purchase just the bare airframe.
That all being said, I am still very interested in any information, airframe Size, battery size, date of availability, etc.
Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Terry
Old 05-27-2008, 10:08 PM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

As far as RTF versus bare foam, there is another thread on this board where that can be adressed...let's leave it out of this thread...

The specs are 39" long, 24" span, 21 ounce weight, 1800mah lipo, 64mm fan, 18l inrunner brushless, four servos.
Availability, very soon, you can try ordering direct, or at least contact them for dealers. I'm sure you will see a few small online dealers who will carry it, as far as who will be a major dealer, and order it in quantity, and when, that remains to be seen.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

That's a great looking F4. Maybe I missed it, but what is the price or do you know yet?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Terry Till

easytiger,
Thanks for the info.

Terry
Old 05-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Does Edomodels not have a web site" I can't find anything on them on the web, other than people talking about them on other forums. Where can I buy??

Mike
Old 05-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Does Edomodels not have a web site" I can't find anything on them on the web, other than people talking about them on other forums. Where can I buy??

Mike
Here ya go

http://www.e-domodel.com/index.asp
Old 05-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Thanks Tom! How do you order? Do I have to go through a distributer to buy??
Old 05-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Here's a post from Edomodel-allen on RC Groups.

OUR COMPANY WEBSITE: www.e-domodel.com but now we haven't post the new hot pictures now. I will post them quickly. THESE PICTURES ARE OUR PHOTOS WHICH TOOK THESE DAYS. if you want more, I can supply them with you

if you have any more need. please contact me directly.
MSN: [email protected].
email: [email protected]

thank you

Here's a link to the post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870473
Old 05-27-2008, 10:58 PM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

I don't think they are set up to do direct sales, but you can ask them...
I don't know the price, that's really up to the distributors, but the F-15 sells for $199 at Nitroplanes, I would GUESS this would be similar...
They are doing the boxes and packaging now, so I would expect them to be shipping within a few weeks, but the Shanghai Model Show may hold things up...
Old 05-27-2008, 11:07 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Thanks guys!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:40 PM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

Bah ... goofy nose, goofy canopy, no full-flying stabs ... it's nice to see another offering, but I'm not all that impressed with the initial pics.

I like the grey scheme. Not so big on the Playboy Bunny one.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Old Fart
Lost at LAX

Now Dave, obvoiusly you don't understand the term "stand off scale"

In this case, stand off a few hundred feet - see - that looks just like an F-4!

Seriously, a $200 foamie needs a heck of a lot more detail than I'm seeing in the photos - and I know the Chinese intelligence community has much better pictures of the Phantom from the 60's than that
Old 05-29-2008, 12:03 AM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Originally Posted by PerlAddict View Post
Bah ... goofy nose, goofy canopy, no full-flying stabs ... it's nice to see another offering, but I'm not all that impressed with the initial pics.

I like the grey scheme. Not so big on the Playboy Bunny one.

Nose and canopy are actually scale and correct, just not correct for the Navy version of the plane. It's an early Air Force version.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:07 AM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post

Seriously, a $200 foamie needs a heck of a lot more detail than I'm seeing in the photos - and I know the Chinese intelligence community has much better pictures of the Phantom from the 60's than that
I disagree. I think it has excellent scale detail and appearance, just like their F-15 does. There is only so much detail you can put into foam, and I think they put plenty in as-is. And they use the same reference sources we get here, three views, plastic models, and the internet. I'd like to see what models you are comparing it to, what's more detailed than this one?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:50 AM
dk_aero

Originally Posted by easytiger View Post
Nose and canopy are actually scale and correct, just not correct for the Navy version of the plane. It's an early Air Force version.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a variant with a nose like that!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Pancake

Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post

Yeah, they kinda screwed up the rear of the canopy.
I think the gray one has the nose on wrong... the other one looks OK.

However, it isn't really a $200 plane, since they are giving you a battery and charger (not that I need some cheapo charger and unknown battery...)
I might be interested in just the plane, but the pictures of screwy things make me wonder, since it's an ARF, if my plane would be screwy too...

On that note, a couple of the EDO F-15 pictures at www.nitroplanes.com seem to show horizontal out of alignment with wing (questionable, could be the angle...), but the kicker is the pic that shows the right wing completely misaligned... WTF guys?!
http://www.nitroplanes.com/nif1edfjetar.html

Check out the head-on pics on that page, and see what you think....
If I got a plane that was built that badly, I'd be pissed!
Granted, I assume you put the stabs and wings on yourself... but how'd they screw it up?

...my $.02
Old 05-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Yeah, it seems like the left wing (your right when looking at it) hangs a little lower than the other. Granted, the plane's frame seems to be cock-eyed to the left, but that shouldn't matter, the wings should still be aligned regardless.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:17 AM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

Nitroplanes often assembles a plane so they can take pics for their website...and they always do a horrible job of it! Next time, I'll just send them some better pics or something, because everything you say is true, when they take their own pics, they often do a bad job assembling the plane. Not so bad that other sites, like turbofanelectrics, won't steal the pictures anyway...
The factory pics from China are usually good, though.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:18 AM
dk_aero

Starboard horizontal stabilizer is definitely off...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
F15.bmp (79.1 KB, 3266 views)
Old 05-29-2008, 01:19 AM
easytiger
Banned Permanently

And the F-15 on their site is a GOOD assembly job compared to some of the others, like the Catalina..

Quick Reply: Edomodels F-4 Phantom, ready to go!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10625 seconds with 22 queries