E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Blade CP Fever! or First Dose of the Disease!

Old 02-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Ron S

Default Blade CP Fever! or First Dose of the Disease!

I've just learned to fly(not very well yet!) with my CP! The wind is a real problem with it though! 3 flights,two ended in crashes! Now I catch myself thinking about getting a Trex! Is this normal? I think the CP has given me the Heli bug! I've gotten where I can do FF pretty well(except for that darn wind) now I'm wanting something that can handle the wind better! Plus I'm getting tired of replacing motors! I have heard a belt drive tail rotor flys much better,and requires much less work to keep it operating right. My wife thinks I'm NUTS! She said the NEW isn't even wore of this one yet! I assured her the NEW was pretty well beat off of it now! Ron S
Old 02-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Brutal E

Yeah a month or so and I do want a T-Rex but I figure I will save money if I stick with the CP for now. Then step up to a pimped out T-Rex. Build one myself hand pick the parts buy the stuff a little at a time. Kit first, then the gyro, esc, motor, and then radio. It is alot of money for me to justify as a hobby but I do have the bug. So I fly what I got but I got plans and I am doing some research. I can always sell one of my Blades later to put towards T-rex gear. You got the money you got the fever I say go for it. I am still a beginner pilot so I am going to wait. But I want one bad.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Ron S

You are right! I guess there will allways be a place in my heart for the Blade CP! It got me flying heli's! But I'm dying to fly outside,and there have been very few calm days to do it! I understand that the Rex will handle the wind alot better than the Blade! I'll prouably keep my Blade(just incase the wind ever lays down),but I need something that flys better(and dosen't have a tail motor). I'm thinking along the same lines as you! Get the airframe,then the gyro,then servo's,ect! Fly(or try to) the Blade until it's done! Ron S PS. Sometimes I wish I had a CX! About all my flying is indoors anyway!
Old 02-05-2006, 05:43 PM
spot282

I have also been looking at the T-rex.
What I am trying to figure out is the difference in the models that Align is offering. Which model is the best to start from when building a rex up?
Old 02-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Brutal E

Ron S you might wanna pick up a CX they are so sweet. Indoor flying does keep me busy when the wind is up. So much fun.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:48 PM
catfight
Anything with Air

Originally Posted by spot282 View Post
I have also been looking at the T-rex.
What I am trying to figure out is the difference in the models that Align is offering. Which model is the best to start from when building a rex up?
spot,

I have seen many questions about this and if you intend to do customizing (cf frame of your choice, etc.) the general consensus os the 450XL CDE as a base heli. That's what I did! I am still at the base stage but already have a DX6 radio and love flying both the Blade and the trex.

Cheers
Old 02-05-2006, 08:55 PM
uacl028

I have always felt the most important part of the hobby is to have fun,fun,fun, If it be with the plainest or the most blinged doesn't really matter to me.
I'm just getting started with electrics & must say it is a little overwhelming at this point but I can see a long & fun future in this part of the hobby with the addiction that goes with it. Enjoy.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Ron S

spot,I'm going to get the HDE! It's the simplest to set up,and will really do anything the other one will. It will prouably be alot more (learner friendly). The bling can come later,after I'm alot better at flying. Ron S
Old 02-06-2006, 03:15 AM
spot282

now what is the exact difference between the hde and cde. I know the cde is ccpm, but how is the hde setup?
Old 02-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Ron S

The HDE uses conventional servo set up. It's easier to set up (program into your tX.) Instead of all three servo's working together they work independantly for each function,ie: one for ailreon control,one for pitch,ect. Ron S
Old 02-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Brutal E

A local hobby shop had an ARF MX 400 for 150 dollars. So I bought it. So now for the motor next I think.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:29 PM
sobamaflyer
Blade Defender

I'm in your boat, I've gotten mostly comfortable w/ my BCP and loving it, so naturally I'm already itching for more. Ordered my Trex XL-HDE last week telling myself I'd build it up a little at a time for the next few months.......Well in typical fashion I'll be going to get the rest of the gear for it this week (DX6, Align motor/ESC, Futaba 240 gyro)

obsessed.....it just stinks