E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

What would you change if you were designing the Blade CP?

Old 02-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Ron S

Question What would you change if you were designing the Blade CP?

What's everyone's thoughts on this one? I'd like to see a belt drive rear rotor,and brushless motor installed,maybe this year? Keep your fingers crossed! Ron S
Old 02-08-2006, 03:16 AM
spot282

Ron, I think that I would like to see a main frame that is more rigid in design. One of the things that I did notice when doing adjustments was that the rear servos when turning right to left on the plate was the flexing of the frame.
A belt drive would be awesome, but I would settle for a better tail control.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Ron S

Yep,that would be great! I got to fly heli with a belt driven tail rotor. You wouldn't believe the diffrence,it was great! I'm going to the Eletric fly at Champaign,I'l this week end. I wonder if any heli manufactors will be there,other than HH?
Old 02-08-2006, 03:37 AM
t. edwards

Staying in the same price class, a stronger, stiffer frame with better servo mounts, Bell-Hiller head, lipo standard. Gee, a HoneyBee CP2! Tom
Old 02-08-2006, 03:47 AM
Vendetta

I would have to say the Belt driven tail. Anytime I hear anyone talk about the BCP, they say "yeah its a decent heli but you gotta chace the tail around!" For a newbie I think if the BCP had a belt driven tail it would be an idea heli to learn on.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:50 AM
Vendetta

BTW, how the heck is a HoneyBee CP2 come with a Bell-Hiller head & lipo at a cheaper price? The BCP sells better right? Why?
Old 02-08-2006, 07:50 AM
t. edwards

Vendetta, Yes, actually more for less. I don't know if the BCP sell's better or not, I do believe it's advertised more. For the most part you're chasing the tail because it doesn't have a Heading Hold gyro, not because it doesn't have a belt. Happy Flying, Tom
Old 02-08-2006, 08:13 AM
jimmi

Hmmm lets see

I would make the tail belt driven/gear, I would also put a light aluminum frame. I would beef up the landing skids and make them a tad wider. Also a nice aluminum swashplate with lipo batterys and a more juiced up motor. I also would add a better quality blade/carbon tail blades. Hmmm can you say honeybee
Jimmi

What would you change if you were designing the Blade CP?

What's everyone's thoughts on this one? I'd like to see a belt drive rear rotor,and brushless motor installed,maybe this year? Keep your fingers crossed! Ron S
Old 02-08-2006, 08:18 AM
jimmi

To your answers YES BCP sells better and WHY? Its a vendetta sorry couldn't resist...Jimmi

BTW, how the heck is a HoneyBee CP2 come with a Bell-Hiller head & lipo at a cheaper price? The BCP sells better right? Why?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:09 AM
t. edwards

Okay, Okay, but you have that now. Can you say X400? Your dollars have to be bigger too.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Motions

Everyone wants to take something not so great and improve it beyond it's capability. The BCP is great for learning and cheap, but when your ready for more, move on to a better model.

Why try to make a Trex out of a Blade when you can just buy a Trex? It would be cheaper too. There are modifications that would make the Blade better like a new tail system and LG, but as for aluminum frame and driven tail....?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Ron S

Maybe HH will be looking into a BCP SE ! It would be worth every penny,if it came with a better tail,and motor! I think it would sell! 219.00 right now as is, or 300.00, with better upgrades, ie; belt drive tail,better motor,and a Lipo! I'd buy the 300 buck one in a heart beat, wouldn't have to think over two seconds about it!
Old 02-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Ron S

As a side note: I don't hear much about the HB Cool,or King? Are shaft driven tails not so good? These are in the BCP price range,but you don't hear much about them.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:48 PM
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

I have to agree about the upgrades on the BCP. Perhaps Horizon wanted to see if they could hold a nitche in the Micro Heli arena. The blade was designed to be inexpensive and keep the parts cheap as well. Some here have only had to replace a set of blades during their training curve. They have been flying regularly now for close to 5 months or more. Now that's impressive.

Maybe they will do something else but the heli was designed to be inexpensive to allow more people to enjoy the hobby. As another member here says, if you can learn to fly the little BCP with little or no modification, when you move into a higher performance chopper you will be pleasantyl surprised as to how well you fly.

That is sorta my take on a sim. If you can learn to fly a sim heli you should be able to fly any of them. But fresh air makes you do silly things sometimes.

Happy flying.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:56 PM
t. edwards

I have to agree with Deb. It's funny how an arf heli that HH specifically says is not for beginners sems to have become the beginners heli. I know because I did it and now have a gazillion dollar upgraded Blade Hybrid and a CX I swore I wouldn't do the same thing with. Education always has it's price and I have gotten that, a Blade that isn't a Blade anymore that flys really well, a big grin, a need for a lot more flying time to get where I actually fly it well, and the hopeless process of trying to decide what my next heli is going to be. Tom
Old 02-08-2006, 06:47 PM
ptgarcia

Part of the appeal of this heli is its low cost. So, keeping this in mind, I would make minor changes. I think the electronics are just fine but would like to see a 11.1v Li-Po battery and Li-Po charger standard. Structurally, I'd like to see a stiffer frame and skids made of a more durable material. Mine seem to break at the bottom. The rest can remain upgrades, in my opinion.

Last edited by ptgarcia; 02-08-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Ron S

Do you mean like this?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:23 AM
jimmi

Motions the question was asked if we had to change the blade what would we do to change it. I'm sure you can think of a few upgrades to make it just a tad better Other then trying to compare a blade to Trex is like comparing A Volkswagon to a BMW m3. It cannot be done period. I have left my blade bone stock except for sinks on both motor cans. But I have seen where guys are trying to make there blades fly as well or close to the Trex as possible. I would say don't waste your time money and frustration its not gonna happen The only upgrade that I will probably get in the future is a longer running battery, I'm getting tired of a 8 minutes flights just when I'm starting to warm up my battery goes kapoot Jimmi
Old 02-09-2006, 04:19 AM
zappedalaskan

They have done this, it is called the honey bee king. Driven tail ect..
The reason Esky sells them cheaper is because you pay more for them to repackage it for Eflite. When you cut the middle guy out (HH) you have the HBcp2 in it's original form. They could pick up the king model and very well market it as a blade "SE" Both the CP and CX are provided for resale to Eflite from Esky.
Jay
Old 02-09-2006, 08:35 AM
jimmi

I hear ya Jay

But the support for the honeybee is almost non existent while the blade cp is the reverse. Also parts availabilty is a big deal amonst us the consumer. Thanks...Jimmi

They have done this, it is called the honey bee king. Driven tail ect..
The reason Esky sells them cheaper is because you pay more for them to repackage it for Eflite. When you cut the middle guy out (HH) you have the HBcp2 in it's original form. They could pick up the king model and very well market it as a blade "SE" Both the CP and CX are provided for resale to Eflite from Esky.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Vendetta

Just saw that for an extra $80.00 of so, You can get the King with Lipo, radio, and all the goodies. I would have definatley bought the Honey Bee King. Unfortunatly I didnt know about it.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:44 PM
jimmi

Charlie
I too wanted to buy a honeybee for the longest. I read alot of threads on the honeybee and most of them mentioned it was marginal at best. So I opted for a blade cp. I think Jay made a comment about his honeybee flew well but couldn't hold a stable hover. Correct me If I'm wrong Jay. Jimmi

Just saw that for an extra $80.00 of so, You can get the King with Lipo, radio, and all the goodies. I would have definatley bought the Honey Bee King. Unfortunatly I didnt know about it.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:21 PM
jakjr

I would like to see ball linked (instead of the Z-bends) push rods between the servo's and swashplate. Bell-hiller head. And, of course, less slop in the head.

Also, seperate electronics would be nice.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Ron S

I think a newer version is right around the corner! If they can sell out all their inventory, with a heli that has alot of issues,just think what the sales would be for a really good one! Blade CP SE comming soon! Well not that soon! Ps. Any one changed out the stock servo's? These work like ,well what they are, 8 buck servo's. How about some HS 55's?
Old 02-10-2006, 04:11 AM
jakjr

I don't think the HS-55's would be any better. According to Horizon, the stock servo's servo's actually have better specs than the HS-55's.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTX42&P=ML
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFLRS75

Quick Reply: What would you change if you were designing the Blade CP?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15069 seconds with 12 queries