General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Electric/Gas Indoor

Old 02-19-2007, 10:51 PM
jeholliday

Default Electric/Gas Indoor

Some time ago someone asked if gae/nitro flying was dying. I think in one of my posts I stated it would be around along time. Hope I remember right as I have a very bad affliction of CRS. This past Saturday was Dallas, Tx. area visiting my sister-in-law to get taxes done. Managed a little time to visit Mikes Hobby Shop in Carrollton, Tx. If you ever get in the area you need to visit the shop. But, my wife, sister-in-law and grand son were with me. The first thing that caught their eye was a youngster flying an RC helicoptor. Then they noticed the car tracks. They were having some races going on. Watched one race then to the shop. Picked up some engines and let grand son look at the cars on display. I got to thinking that in the past I have seen planes being flown in there. With the New Brodak Electric CL plane coming out it will be possible to fly all facets of controlled modeling indoors. Of course gas/nitro would not be allowed because of the fumes and noise. Of course they could wait until decent weather gets here. Looks like the snow is disappearing here so maybe I can get the two electric RC planes out to the school yard. Later, DOC Holliday

PS:Still can't convince the wife for a transfer to either Tuscon or Dallas.