Hubsan X4 107d FPV Quad $161 shipped! - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Multi-Rotors Discuss your quad copters and other multi engined choppers here.

Hubsan X4 107d FPV Quad $161 shipped!

Old 03-25-2015, 05:41 AM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Default Hubsan X4 107d FPV Quad $161 shipped!

This one has First-Person-View means you can see right on the screen of the transmitter. Tho not high resolution I was impressed with the zero lag image!

Note is an occasional flicker at times but briefly, doesn't inhibit the fun.

You can find this one on Amazon, mine was free shipment arrived under 30 days overseas.

Binds right out of the box, just need transmitter batteries 4 AA.

With the load of FPV does drain batteries quickly on the transmitter, so purchased rechargeable 2400, saves the cost of replacing AA in just a few flights.

Will record on a micro SD card but don't expect high resolution, still will give fun aerial shots.

Quad flyers will have less issue flying this one, find mine needs continual correction to hold a stable hover, once you get the feel is easy and predictable.

Novice flyer attach the protective cage ring included to eliminate or at least reduce possible damage as you learn the controls.

Myself I enjoy having a FPV at a rather rediculous low price considering the rather high tech involved in a fun toy package.

Even gives a read out of the flight batterie as well as the transmitter.

Is a conversion needed on the recorded SD card, yet to read up on that.

The FPV screen is immediate, no time lag, again looks great.

This is going to be a blast!!

Very poor control by me, tho you see me eventually settle things, but was my maiden. Things get better with each flight. Does require attention on the stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i45LCCSQFNk&sns=em
Old 03-25-2015, 02:22 PM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

This's is not a Phantom, much larger version with GPS.

No surprise the larger model is far more stable, but a hefty price tag.

Hate to see a novice crash these bigger series.

Perhaps the Hubsan is a suggested starter for FPV, learn control on this smaller one and less likely to have issue on a future large investment.

Phantom comes in three models, vision 2 plus over a G cost, note gimbal stability cam control.

Phantom Vision 2, but not the later plus, drops to $600, is increadibly stable and one I currently have.

Original early Phantom around $400, but shorter flight times about 15 min, both later models 25 minute times.

Waiting for reviews on the Hitec yet to be released model $699 RTF.

An indoor flight on a Phantom, I don't suggest this. When things lock in outside, it holds a stationary hover, zero control needed on the stick! Hence with low winds gives solid aerial shots!

Again don't suggest, but during its solid hover, be careful but grab the bottom and pull from position and it on release snaps right back in place! Amazing to see, again caution. Most effective in zero winds.

Wait for the rear lights to turn from yellow to green, then it holds positions, positively the easiest Quad to fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYNACvx9_aQ&sns=em

Last edited by phillipmorris; 03-25-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:10 PM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Was practicing indoor Manuvers, tho this model is predictable in response for any quad pilot, I'm weak on toe in or facing when continual stick is required as this model.

Example it will hover well but requires pulses of stick for solid hovering, too close to wall and had to replace a prop.

Been awhile since I've had to deal with props as quads fly solid for experienced pilots.

Replaced a white front prop, it responded by flipping over. What? Battery was low so waited till AM on charging.

Then recalled props even the front are different. Sure enough had the wrong prop on as listed A or B can see this if you have 20/20 vision as very tiny label here!

Fortunately Comes with a lift tool to pop off the props.

Easy fix, back in business flew great.

Meanwhile ordered a $13 crash kit, two motors, several blades, even an extra battery, etc.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:18 PM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Another note, also been awhile since I've used rechargeable batteries. This transmitter eats up batteries as powers the FPV screen.

Only needs 4 AA batteries, so on sale got them with included charger. Note use 2400 AA batteries.

Well was a slow charger, 14 grueling hour wait on one pair, other side took 18 hours, Lordy!

Quickly ordered a fast charger should arrive tomorrow, found a well rated sale one for $10, as a close out.

Do some more sim and next toe in will be outside when the weather calms!
Old 03-29-2015, 02:43 AM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Quick view of local dam.

Sorry for side angle.

Relieved I made it back over the rail and home!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=figsBA-1ZF0&sns=em
Old 03-29-2015, 07:21 PM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Here's a corrected video on the prior one as was sideways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKD4sfEhFjI&sns=em
Old 04-03-2015, 12:07 PM
kindol

You can find it under 140$ with free shipping
Old 04-03-2015, 02:27 PM
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Likely lower, I do see Amazon has them just below $150. Oversea orders, mine again arrived just over 3 1/2 weeks.