Homemade RC Glider - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Homemade RC Glider

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2019, 08:51 AM
aaindthu

Default Homemade RC Glider

Hello,

I wanted to do slope soaring so badly and I have finally found a place in Chennai to do slope soaring, but the hill was too rugged and covered with thick vegetation. I had a motorless Flying wing glider and I was afraid I would lose the model somewhere among these bushes and I Never did slope soaring before. So I am going to build a motor glider. This time with some good quality materials and extra functions like spoilers etc. So I thought I'll start a build log (again), if that's okay.
Here's the basic sketch of the glider
Click image for larger version

Name:	123.png
Views:	113
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	187466

I have decided to start with wings. It's going to be 2 meter long and made of foam, supported by 4mm thick plywood spars.
I have done the frame work on the wings.

Name:	S1140002.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	187467
The in-between spaces will be glued with High density foam and the space at the centre of the frame is for the fuselage.
The two short square-beams at the centre will be glued to the fuselage permanently and wings should slide in and out for easy transport. No rubber-bands this time.

Name:	S1140003.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	187468
The frame weighs 240 grams without the square beams. Seems light enough to me, for a 2 meter wing. Or, should I be concerned?
Please tell me what you think.

Quick Reply: Homemade RC Glider

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.17507 seconds with 13 queries