Bishop Power!! - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Bishop Power!!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Default Bishop Power!!

Has anyone here ever purchased from Bishop Power Products? I placed an order on the 30th of last month for 3 Rxs. The tracking status said they were shipped via USPS Priority mail on the 2nd of this month. Even with the weekend, in which the Post Office delivers on Saturdays, I have yet to get my packages. I placed orders with another on-line store the same day, shipped the same day, and got it 2 days ago!! I have called them and left messages 3 times and e-mailed them as well!! I have yet to get my Rxs, a phone call or an e-mail from them. I'm starting to think I got stiffed. I'm getting really aggravated now, as i have a few planes that will be built by this weekend, and NO Rxs to put in them. Any ideas or suggestions?

Mike
Old 05-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

MikeBub::I hope you get your stuff my bub, This says you should'a had it by now, Oh Well,, Don't know much about these guys and hope some folks Chime -in ,,your bub, steve

Ordering Processing:
All orders are normally shipped within 24-48 hours. If for any reason there will be a delay in shipment you will be notified.
Domestic orders are normally shipped via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 business day service). International orders are normally shipped via USPS Air Mail (7-10 business day service). If you require, UPS, or Fed Ex service please contact us via email us so that we may make the necessary arrangements prior to shipment.
Warranty & Returns:
All products carry a 30 day Bishop Power products/1 year Manufacture warranty unless otherwise noted. Defective merchandise must be returned within 30 days from date of delivery for refund/replacement. After 30 days all warranty claims will be handled by the manufacture at their sole discretion. Full refunds are available on unused products up to 30 days after delivery. Please contact us via e-mail or phone before sending back any returns for RMA service.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	planes 515.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	65267  
Old 05-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Gnascher
Got My TX - Need 2 Fly!

Any ideas or suggestions?
How did you pay?

If it was Credit Card, tell them you're going to call you're credit card company and have the charges reversed if they don't contact you within 3 days or something like that.

Merchants HATE charge-backs on their credit card transactions, so this may spur some action on their part.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Gnascher View Post
How did you pay?

If it was Credit Card, tell them you're going to call you're credit card company and have the charges reversed if they don't contact you within 3 days or something like that.

Merchants HATE charge-backs on their credit card transactions, so this may spur some action on their part.
I used my Check card. it came straight out of my checking account. it has already posted to my account days ago!! There is NO reason that they're not here yet! I have called and left messages three times and no on has returned my calls. I have e-mailed them, and gotten the same results. Their site says to call them to change or place an order over the phone. It also says to leave a message and they will return my call. It's been four days and three phone calls later. They never seem to answer their phone. It just rings 5-6 times and goes to the answering machine. I'm at a loss for now. All I can really do is sit and wait.

Troy, the owner was out of town and that's why no one was available to return my calls. That's understandable.

Thanks Steve. I hope they get here soon. I have planes that are almost finished and ready to maiden, but no Rxs. I may have to check the LHS and see if they have any in. Their stock in Rc Flight stuff is usually pretty vague.

Mike

Last edited by Angler-Hi; 05-13-2008 at 03:16 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Mike::You got alot of bub's here that don't like folks mess'in over good bub's such as yourself, These fellows could lose alot of biz do'in biz like that, Sounds like their not to interested in there service dept, Which is the death-niel for mail order folk, I've seen um come & go and bad sevice is what does um in , your bub, steve PS I'll send my new Giraffe after um!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	petty an red 583.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	336.6 KB
ID:	65401  
Old 05-09-2008, 01:53 AM
RUSH

I've ordered from them a couple times, and one of the times they sent the item - a CC Phoenix 35 ESC for only $58 - first class mail instead of priority. So it took a day or two longer, but to be honest the price they sold the ESC at and free shipping on top of that was just so low that I couldn't really complain. My philosophy with them is only shop with them if the price is good and you can wait for it.

Really is strange that they won't answer e-mail or the phone. Hopefully there is some good reason for it - like they are at a fun fly or some other event, etc.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:42 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
I've ordered from them a couple times, and one of the times they sent the item - a CC Phoenix 35 ESC for only $58 - first class mail instead of priority. So it took a day or two longer, but to be honest the price they sold the ESC at and free shipping on top of that was just so low that I couldn't really complain. My philosophy with them is only shop with them if the price is good and you can wait for it.

Really is strange that they won't answer e-mail or the phone. Hopefully there is some good reason for it - like they are at a fun fly or some other event, etc.
It doesn't really matter if they sell their products cheap or not. The reason I purchased from them was because a fellow Watthead recommended them. I will never sacrifice quantity for quality. Sorry, but I can't adopt the philosophy, "pay less because we suck at customer service". It wouldn't be so bad if they would at least call me back after all the messages I've left...but they haven't. Sometimes things happen and it doesn't turn out like you hoped...no big deal. But at least acknowledge my concern and let me know SOMETHING! I buy the bulk of all my RC products from Horizon...not because of the price, but because of the service!! I'll pay twice as much if they give me quality customer service!! The service means more to me than the price...ALWAYS! I'm glad to hear you received your orders though friend. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Mike
Old 05-09-2008, 03:26 AM
RUSH

Sorry to have bothered you then.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:42 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
Sorry to have bothered you then.
You didn't bother me friend. I understood what you were saying and wasn't arguing with you. I was just venting and expressing the way I think and feel about things. Good winds RUSH.

Mike
Old 05-09-2008, 04:48 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Has anyone here ever purchased from Bishop Power Products? I placed an order on the 30th of last month for 3 Rxs. The tracking status said they were shipped via USPS Priority mail on the 2nd of this month. Even with the weekend, in which the Post Office delivers on Saturdays, I have yet to get my packages. I placed orders with another on-line store the same day, shipped the same day, and got it 2 days ago!! I have called them and left messages 3 times and e-mailed them as well!! I have yet to get my Rxs, a phone call or an e-mail from them. I'm starting to think I got stiffed. I'm getting really aggravated now, as i have a few planes that will be built by this weekend, and NO Rxs to put in them. Any ideas or suggestions?

Mike
Hi, I buy from them all the time, and never had any problems, some times they are a little slow, hang in there, Chellie
Old 05-09-2008, 05:16 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi, I buy from them all the time, and never had any problems, some times they are a little slow, hang in there, Chellie
Thanks Chellie. I just figured even if it were on time, that I would have at least received a return call. I think that's what has me so heated. Anyway, thanks for chiming in Chellie...I could use a little encouragement. I'm just so frustrated here lately. I'm in the middle of building the World Models Ultimate Bipe...thing is driving me nuts. I just hope I don't crash her on the maiden. lol. My confidence has just gone way down hill. After all the time I spent making sure everything was right on the Pulse...DESTROYED!

Ok, I'm gonna stop now. Thanks for listening.

Mike
Old 05-13-2008, 02:28 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Thanks Chellie. I just figured even if it were on time, that I would have at least received a return call. I think that's what has me so heated. Anyway, thanks for chiming in Chellie...I could use a little encouragement. I'm just so frustrated here lately. I'm in the middle of building the World Models Ultimate Bipe...thing is driving me nuts. I just hope I don't crash her on the maiden. lol. My confidence has just gone way down hill. After all the time I spent making sure everything was right on the Pulse...DESTROYED!

Ok, I'm gonna stop now. Thanks for listening.

Mike
Hi Mike I contacted Troy at Bishop Power, It seems he was out of town for a week, he said that He will contact you, and make things right, Take care, Chellie
Old 05-13-2008, 03:14 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Hey Chellie. Troy e-mailed me a couple days ago. Yeah, he said he was out of town. He apologized for any inconvenience and offered to take 10% off my next order. I was so relieved that I was contacted, and accepted his apology as well as offer mine. I felt a little stupid when he told me he was out of town. I have never really been a complainer and was aggravated. No excuse, I know. I think I view customer service with a higher standard than most. Not saying that it's not important to everyone else, just that I view it as more valuable than the price.

Troy was very understanding and I retract all statements about never shopping there again...as a matter of fact, with customer service like what Troy provided, I would definitely recommend Bishop Powers to anyone seeking a great deal with awesome customer service to boot! I think it's time to edit a few previous posts. Thanks again Chellie...and thankyou Troy for all your understanding. Don't punish me too much.

Thankyou Bishop Powers,

Mike
Old 06-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Hey Mike, that was me that recommended BPP, wasn't it? Their prices cannot be beat, that is for sure, but I have had some similar problems with items either being lost in shipment or not sent promptly. In the end, Troy has always taken care of me and I continue to be a happy customer.

Hopefully that holds true for my latest purchase. Supposedly it shipped USPS Priority on June 3rd, but so far it has not arrived

No biggie. I'm just stocking my parts shelf for my next build, whatever that turns out to be. If I need it right away, I'll pay extra for expedited shipping.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Thanks Doug...I'm always willing to try somethign at least once. The way Troy took care of me was a display of good customer service. I didn't really think I deserved the extra 10% off my next order. I was content with just having him contact me. Thanks for the recommendation too.

BTW, here's my next Gee Bee:
http://hobby4less.com/gee-bee-electr...6153bc3afd124a
Old 06-10-2008, 04:17 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

My order arrived today. BPP said it was shipped on the 3rd and sure enough the post mark was 6/3/08. Got a Cobri gearbox and a Berg Rx. Thinking it might go in the new E-Flite Sea Fury, if they can get them in stock before I find something else
Old 06-10-2008, 04:25 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Fly Time View Post
Hey Mike, that was me that recommended BPP, wasn't it? Their prices cannot be beat, that is for sure, but I have had some similar problems with items either being lost in shipment or not sent promptly. In the end, Troy has always taken care of me and I continue to be a happy customer.

Hopefully that holds true for my latest purchase. Supposedly it shipped USPS Priority on June 3rd, but so far it has not arrived

No biggie. I'm just stocking my parts shelf for my next build, whatever that turns out to be. If I need it right away, I'll pay extra for expedited shipping.
Hi Doug i think we have both Recomended BPP to Mike great prices, thats for sure, My orders have always come in a reasonable amount of time, 4 to 7 Days normally, Not the quickest shipping, but I am in no Hurry take care, Chellie
Old 06-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Thankyou too Chellie for the recommendation. You guys/gals are great!!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:48 PM
nick_cool

This is what happened to me.

I bought several months ago and the parcels never arrived, and Troy (the former owner) is still saying said that he WILL send it, but it never happen.

BPP new owner do not accept any claim what happen before, and say that they do not have info to solve the problems.

I will start a formal claim.

Below are options that can be used to do so.

1. File an internet complaint report against the other party.
o National Fraud Information Center
o Internet Crime Complaint Center
o Better Business Bureau Online
2. File a police report against the other party.

Nick
Old 01-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Hey Nick, did you ever get your order straightened out? I ordered from the new BPP a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the cost and speed of shipping. I've heard a few others reporting good buying experiences as well since the new owner took over, so it looks like B-P-P is back on track.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:02 PM
nick_cool

Awfully after more than 6 moths I am still waiting.

I have been in touch and they said (both old and new owner), that they are trying to fix it out, and I think it is true, but the parcel had not show up yet.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:29 AM
Larry3215
Look out for that tree!!!

I placed an order to the new BPP and was very happy with the speed of the order and it was 100% as ordered.

Looks like they have turned the corner.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:14 PM
nick_cool

I am still waiting (6 moths +)

I have been in touch and they said (both old and new owner), that they are trying to fix it out.