E-flite Ultimate 20-300 10 ARF - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

E-flite Ultimate 20-300 10 ARF

Old 03-02-2009, 02:28 PM
cyoung450
Cyoung450

Welcome to Watt Flyer! It is a great resource.

4mm is not a lot, but I would make it an even measurement if it were me, I think out of all the planes I have had, I only had one that came out even right out of the box. Hope this helps.

Conrad
Old 03-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Gary Hoorn
Chesepeake Bay RC Club

My Ultimate had a warped top wing which was easily corrected by holding it straight and tightening the covering on both sides with a covering iron. Take the time and correct everything and the result will be a great flying plane.
Gary
Old 03-02-2009, 07:48 PM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Build Review Mass Produced

Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
My Ultimate had a warped top wing which was easily corrected by holding it straight and tightening the covering on both sides with a covering iron. Take the time and correct everything and the result will be a great flying plane.
Gary
These are mass produced planes and... I find that E-flite's covering is much better than Great Planes but GP has more assembly with their kits allowing you to get things a bit more right. Overall I like E-flite over Great Planes but I've had issues with both.

I use a heat gun to tweak my covering and straighten wings & stuff. Be careful not to burn a hole in the covering. Then there's the stripes (trim) and stuff that you can mess up if you're not careful. It's really amazing how much warp covering can do to a wing.

I have the GP Ultimate and wish I had gotten the E-flite version but the GP is smaller so...

The only way to get a perfect plane is to build it yourself but that takes loads of time and patience.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:35 AM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

I have the ten on my trojan. it goes ok yet cant really hover for some reason although it is a 31 oz. plane and the motor hauls about 46 oz. My point is that if this motor cant hover a 31 oz. plane, how can it do full 3D and hover and things with a 40 oz. plane?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:09 PM
rich.c

Thanks guys, I have a covering iron on the way, so will see how it goes. As it's only a few mm I might not worry about it too much. Hopefully it's something I might be able to trim out.

I really can't wait to get this plane finished. It's been on the table for a coulpe of weeks now due to not having much spare time, but everytime I look at it I get excited about flying! I just hope the Brisitsh summer is up to it this year!!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:51 PM
rich.c

Well, the covering iron arrived and it worked a treat. All the wing distances are now spot on as per the manual. I had some free time over Friday and the weekend, so actually managed to get the Ultimate finished! Just need to install the ESC and set up the control throws before taking her out - the weather forecast isn't so great hee, so it could be a while longer til the maiden.