Kits and Plans; The Links Page - Page 3 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Kits and Plans; The Links Page

Old 12-03-2009, 10:15 PM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Cardboard! A friend of mine recently did a large P-40 (like .60 size) completely out of cardboard (with some ply and carbon fiber of course). Nice flying plane and looks great too.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Freeflight1

Default P40

I would like to have seen that. Model Aviation or one of the magazines had an article on Cardboard Cuties a little 1/2A cardboard high wing plane. It built very fast, I stuck a .049 on it and flew it free flight. I think it was a 1 day wonder, built flown and crashed 1 day, but it did prove the validity of alternate building material. It was a far cry from a P40 though.
I am watching Ebay for a 31" or so Comet kit of a P40. I think it has the X crossed ribs which I don't like, but it seemed about the right size to put with a small Potensky POT 30 W electric motor I have. I am asuming this motor has quit a bit more power and it will swing a much bigger prop than my graupner speed 250 anyone know for sure, does the P40 kit sound like a reasonable combo? I think the 250 would go well with a 26" BD5.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:29 PM
PaperAirplane
Subscribed...

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50620

i made this for free full fuse plans earlier this year

sorry to interupt

Last edited by PaperAirplane; 12-03-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Freeflight1

Default Plans

Sorry, new to this and drifted off thread. I do though have some, WW1 and WW2 fighter plans from the 1940s, if I can find out how to download them, and pass a few of these on to this site. They are 1 sheet aprox. 2'x3'. I Have ME109, P38 Lighting, P63 Aircobra, Helldiver, Sopwith Camel,
Folker DVll & DVlll, Hawker Typhoon and Tempest, Douglas Dauntless, and Nieport 17C. The good news they are in the 30'' +/_ range, bad news is that they will need to be lightened, they are all U control. An experienced builder could build some real nice planes from these.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:45 AM
Cdr. Instigator
Pimp My Plane

Default Looking for an A-7 Corsair Foamie Plans?

Does anyone know of any plans out there for a full fuse EDF A-7 Corsair foamie?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:51 AM
Freeflight1

Default EDF A-7 Corsair

What kind of Corsair is that? (EDF A-7
Old 12-10-2009, 05:54 AM
TDisaster
Super Contributor

Old 12-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Freeflight1

Sorry, I was thinking bent wing plop driven. Nice Pic though.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:59 AM
TDisaster
Super Contributor

I used to think that too.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:33 AM
PaperAirplane
Subscribed...

Extreme apologies for my extreme ignorance, but what exactly makes a sticky a sticky, and what does that mean. I see that this is a sticky.

Thanks,
PA
Old 12-21-2009, 02:37 AM
TDisaster
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by PaperAirplane View Post
Extreme apologies for my extreme ignorance, but what exactly makes a sticky a sticky, and what does that mean. I see that this is a sticky.

Thanks,
PA
It "sticks" to the top of that sub-forum.

Say something is a sticky in the scratch building sub-forum. It is always at the top. Go to any of the sub-forums and look at the top. You'll see the stickies.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:57 AM
PaperAirplane
Subscribed...

Originally Posted by TDisaster View Post
It "sticks" to the top of that sub-forum.

Say something is a sticky in the scratch building sub-forum. It is always at the top. Go to any of the sub-forums and look at the top. You'll see the stickies.

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Huffy01
Huffy01

I was looking around the "net" trying to compare a Blejzyk Hammer for price ,size and option's and stumbled on this site ,"Southern Sailplanes" at www.labyrinth.net.au/~learmont/Overviews.html
X-tail ,T tail and V-tail gliders sizes from 2 to 4.25 metre's ,fiberglass fuselage's and foam core wing's.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

Default Link not Working?

Hi Huffy,
I couldn't get the link to work, but did find "Southern Sailplanes" here;
http://www.southernsailplanes.com.au/
And have added it to the Australia section of "Glider + Sailplane" links on the High Performance + Sailplane Forum.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28303
The links on "Scratch + Buiilders" are normally for builders kits, not ARFs. I realize there are some foamie "Kits" included that blur the line, but generally, ARF's, RTF's, RTC's, B+F's are listed on the individual Forums (Scale, Warbirds, Sailplanes, etc).
Thanks for the link, Southern have some interesting models!
Ron
Old 02-18-2010, 11:02 PM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Ron,

Please add the following:

http://www.nicohobbies.com (Micro indoor/outdoor mid motor pusher jet kits and power equipment)

A friend of mine started that site last year, and I just purchased it from him last week.

(PS - Site is down at the moment, but will be back up this weekend)
Old 02-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Huffy01
Huffy01

Red face

Originally Posted by Sky Sharkster View Post
Hi Huffy,
I couldn't get the link to work, but did find "Southern Sailplanes" here;
http://www.southernsailplanes.com.au/
And have added it to the Australia section of "Glider + Sailplane" links on the High Performance + Sailplane Forum.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28303
The links on "Scratch + Buiilders" are normally for builders kits, not ARFs. I realize there are some foamie "Kits" included that blur the line, but generally, ARF's, RTF's, RTC's, B+F's are listed on the individual Forums (Scale, Warbirds, Sailplanes, etc).
Thanks for the link, Southern have some interesting models!
Ron
Sorry about that Sky Sharkster I had forgotten about the other thread .
I found out that link is to the old site thats about 10 years old!
I've just got 1 question at the moment "what defines an ARF kit".
I've seen an 80% ARF where you have to glue the tailplane together ,glue the mount's in the wings and drill the holes to mount them.
Most of the models(Southern Sailplanes) have a fiberglass fuselage except one model line(all balsa) but all balsa covering's on the foam cores ,fitting's ,control's are done by the builder.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

Default ARF or Kit?

Hi Huffy,
Well, I didn't realize the Southern kits involved that much building! I was under the impression they were more like the 80% ARF's you described. So, I stand corrected, I'll add them to the "Kit" list.
My take on the "ARF vs Kit" is the same as "Building" vs "Assembling".
If a model is comprised of components that are already "Built" and just need to be stuck together, that is a completely built wing (or nearly so) attached to a completely built fuselage, that's an ARF.
Even if it still needs to be covered or painted, it's still an ARF, in my book.
A "Kit" is, to me, a box of sticks and sheets. Now the sheets may be foam instead of balsa, but they require some sort of finishing, shaping, forming or actual construction.
And there has been some blurring of an exact division. 5 pieces of cut-to-shape foam isn't a kit by my standards, but there are folks who shape these into different models and call them "Builds". I can't really disagree, they have created something that didn't exist before, even if they started with an ARF.
And what about "Kit-Bashing", that is creating a different model from the kit design? There is even "ARF-Bashing", making a "Kate" or "Claude" from a GWS "Zero" for example. Is the finished model still an ARF?
Ron
Old 02-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Huffy01
Huffy01

Well I think it would still be an "ARF" just with "Modified" proceding it.
I can understand adding retract, flap, alierons or even an electric motor but I can't justify buying a model to just cut it into another shape. May be if it was old and/or damaged.
Anyway, in 6-8 weeks time after I've finished doing a tractor job for the grape picking season I might be interested in purchasing a Sport Ricochet or Vantage from Southern Sailplanes.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Cdr. Instigator
Pimp My Plane

Ok, I got to post pictures of what has become my favorite foamy so far... Bar none!!

**Plans**
Blu-51cd A/E/T Simple Fun Fighter
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389720

I have flown this P-51 Foamy up to 8 times a day in the last week alone. Built it 2 weeks ago and I have flown it mostly at home in my front yard, but I have flown it as far as a block/street in length or distance.. It flies like a champ, real scale too, but if you want a challenge.. I have hovered it for about 10 seconds. It will fly in high winds too up to about 10MPH is my safe zone.

When flying in high winds, it gets tricky...as it tends to come in slow against the wind.. but will haul asss with the wind on the back and also, with the wind on it's back.. it tends to want to slide the bank and stall just a bit. It's fun watching it bank and slide to almost a stall. I'm sure if I bank with wings vertical, it will stall quick. The trick to this high wind banking for me is, keep full throttle and bank just enough to make your turn, without stalling. At an hefty weight of 13Oz. it can be a tricky plane to fly on anything more than 7MHP winds..

Off course, I just had to give it some quick permanent marker paint scheme...

Thanks Gene for the plans.. I built my little P-51cd Powered by an E-flight 370, 30Amp ESC, and 4 different Batts. 2200, 1800, 1550, and 1250mAh.. This plane has been flown in up to 10MPH winds. It will do anything I tell it to. Very superb flying foamy, Thanks Gene!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0531001652.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	129411   Click image for larger version

Name:	0531001652a.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	129412   Click image for larger version

Name:	0531001653.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	129413   Click image for larger version

Name:	0531001653a.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	129414   Click image for larger version

Name:	0531001654a.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	129415  

Old 06-18-2010, 07:50 PM
eye4wings

Default Robin Fowler Plans at Traplet

Hi,
I can't see a link to the Traplet plans so here's the link to my own offering.
There are of course a load more on the site - not all electric powered though.
https://shop.traplet.com/search.aspx...in%20Fowler&h=

EDIT: The Traplet site has been reorganised and the link to their electric powered scale offerings is...http://www.trapletshop.com/gb/c/1215...s?pagenumber=1

Last edited by eye4wings; 12-14-2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Link update
Old 07-03-2010, 02:47 PM
mikempp

how about radical RC? they have their own kits

http://www.radicalrc.com/category/Radical-RC-E-Kits-190
Old 07-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

Default Additions

Thanks to Eye4wings and Mikempp; I've added Traplet to the "Plans" link and RadicalRC to the "Kits"
Ron
Old 07-03-2010, 05:18 PM
ArneH
Balsa Builder

Default Nostalgic.

I am building this Babe from: http://retrorc.us.com/nonscale.aspx
Very nice kits, that goes together like a jig saw puzzle. Also fun to have a model not just like every one else.

Smaller US based operation, with good service.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Huffy01
Huffy01

Hey Sky Sharkster, I had a look at the website "Airstrike" . It has now become Hyperion Australia. It has some of the same content as Airstrike.
If you click the link it will come up as airstrike main page but any link press after will go to the Hyperion Australia site .
Old 10-07-2010, 04:45 PM
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Cool

Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Cardboard! A friend of mine recently did a large P-40 (like .60 size) completely out of cardboard (with some ply and carbon fiber of course). Nice flying plane and looks great too.
Hi Pat
Did you say cardboard?
Do enjoy
http://www.feltondesignanddata.com/
Take care dear friend
Yours Hank

Quick Reply: Kits and Plans; The Links Page

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10099 seconds with 15 queries