Who's got Flying Weather? - Page 8 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Who's got Flying Weather?

Old 10-15-2007, 03:30 AM
  #176  
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
 
FlyWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blackstock, South Carolina
Posts: 3,029
Default

When I first moved into the South Carolina piedmont, and saw all the lakes here, I thought: "I really ought to look into getting myself another windsurfer".

Then I found out the wind didn't seem to blow much around here, unless there's a thunderstorm brewing, which is the last time I would want to find myself on a large body of water with a pole sticking up in the air.

So eventually, I thought "why not get into RC aircraft...?"

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a windsurfer?
FlyWheel is offline  
Old 10-15-2007, 03:33 AM
  #177  
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
 
FlyWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blackstock, South Carolina
Posts: 3,029
Default

Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
That would be OK if it were drops but it's buckets full.
PLEASE! if you have any connections with the weather service, have them sent it our way! Theyre talking about water rationing here.

In Carolina and Georgia!
FlyWheel is offline  
Old 10-15-2007, 06:48 AM
  #178  
Airhead
Redneck Member
 
Airhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Huntsville AL.
Posts: 5,624
Default

Hey flywheel,
You're right. Alabama too... The best that I hear right now is a 40% chance on tuesday for the Huntsville area. We hope so, for your area too.

Today was windy earlier. I got 7 - 11 on my wind gauge. This evening at dusk it was better. Just couldn't see...... Talk with you soon..
Airhead is offline  
Old 10-15-2007, 03:29 PM
  #179  
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER
 
Lieutenant Loughead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,406
Default

Don't fret, guys... Weather is cyclical... Oklahoma had a drought for the last THREE years -- things were looking bleak...

However, this year we've had so much rain, we actually made up for the rainfall we missed in the last three years! Things are actually flooding here!

The rain will come your way soon enough -- it reminds me of the song by "America" called "A Horse With No Name"... "The ocean is a desert with its life underground and a perfect disguise above..."
Lieutenant Loughead is offline  
Old 10-15-2007, 04:23 PM
  #180  
BUCKSHOT
Member
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: FT. WALTON BEACH, FL.
Posts: 512
Default

It's Been Great Here Every Day,flew 5 Times This Am With The P47
Love It
BUCKSHOT is offline  
Old 10-15-2007, 11:58 PM
  #181  
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
 
FlyWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blackstock, South Carolina
Posts: 3,029
Default

The long range forcast is for a 60% chance of thundershowers next weekend, but I kinda doubt it. Weird. It use to be it only took 40% to guarantee rain.

These recent years have been frighteningly like what the global warming scientists have been predicting.
FlyWheel is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 12:52 AM
  #182  
haze_b
Member
 
haze_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 110
Default

Aloha,

We almost always have good flying weather in Hawaii

Sorry guys, just had to....
haze_b is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 01:07 AM
  #183  
BUCKSHOT
Member
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: FT. WALTON BEACH, FL.
Posts: 512
Default

crap.....winds are up to 16mph at 10am tomorrow,down in the evening(but it's club meeting night)so I'll have to wait until wensday
BUCKSHOT is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 01:18 PM
  #184  
Crashalott
Super Contributor
Thread Starter
 
Crashalott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Rose City,Mi. USA
Posts: 3,797
Default

Looks like no fly here today.
Shuuk's
Crashalott is offline  
Old 10-16-2007, 03:12 PM
  #185  
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER
 
Lieutenant Loughead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,406
Default

Woke up early, because wind was supposed to be non-existant...

...it was.

However, the FOG took me by surprise...
Lieutenant Loughead is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 02:58 AM
  #186  
kx315
10 take offs 9 landings
 
kx315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 20
Default

No fling weather here (Perth Western Australia) strong winds for the next two weeks typical two new planes to maiden as well!!
kx315 is offline  
Old 10-17-2007, 03:50 AM
  #187  
Airhead
Redneck Member
 
Airhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Huntsville AL.
Posts: 5,624
Default

Its finally raining here.... Thank goodness. We've been pretty dry.
Airhead is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 04:35 AM
  #188  
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
 
FlyWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blackstock, South Carolina
Posts: 3,029
Default

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
Don't fret, guys... Weather is cyclical... Oklahoma had a drought for the last THREE years -- things were looking bleak...
The Carolinas are in their fifth year (stage three drought) I swear, I've seen wetter years in Los Angeles!
FlyWheel is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 05:15 AM
  #189  
aviatordave
Super Contributor
 
aviatordave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,233
Default

We have had rain, rain, and rain for the last couple weeks. My motorcycle is getting cobwebs like my planes
aviatordave is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 05:39 AM
  #190  
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required
 
Grasshopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 12,070
Default

Severe thunderstorms, hail, damaging winds ranging from 60 to 90 mph (no that's not a typo) and two tornadoes on the ground this evening. Welcome to Missouri.
Grasshopper is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
  #191  
Crashalott
Super Contributor
Thread Starter
 
Crashalott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Rose City,Mi. USA
Posts: 3,797
Default

Hey Guy's looks like were all in the same boat.
No Fly
Rain and thunderstorms.
Crashalott is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 03:41 PM
  #192  
Voyager2lcats
Friend Across the Water
 
Voyager2lcats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 2,109
Default

Originally Posted by FlyWheel View Post
The Carolinas are in their fifth year (stage three drought) I swear, I've seen wetter years in Los Angeles!
We've received just enough rain to keep my lawn alive!
Voyager2lcats is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 07:38 PM
  #193  
Fly Time
Ask me how I know
 
Fly Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 2,142
Default

Wind storm coming this way.....50 MPH gusts tonight!

Maybe I'll go fly the Stryker after work.....

NOT!
Fly Time is offline  
Old 10-20-2007, 05:28 PM
  #194  
unicorn man
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 125
Default

winds are gusting at like 40 m.p.h. in colorado
unicorn man is offline  
Old 10-20-2007, 05:29 PM
  #195  
unicorn man
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 125
Default

winds are gusting at like 40 mph in colorado
unicorn man is offline  
Old 10-27-2007, 12:14 AM
  #196  
Crashalott
Super Contributor
Thread Starter
 
Crashalott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Rose City,Mi. USA
Posts: 3,797
Default

Good flying here this mourning, flew the Foker D7, the Ultimate Bipe, the Yak 54 and was going to fly again this eve. but now it is raining.
Shucks!
Crashalott is offline  
Old 10-27-2007, 07:22 AM
  #197  
Airhead
Redneck Member
 
Airhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Huntsville AL.
Posts: 5,624
Default

Moon looks good tonight. Very clear. I'm not sure what the wind may have in store for us Sat and Sun... I hoping calm...
Airhead is offline  
Old 10-27-2007, 01:24 PM
  #198  
jnastasi
I'd rather be flying...
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dublin, Ohio, USA
Posts: 113
Default


Wind, wind and more wind. I got the HZ SC out during lunch but it was a bit much. Later at my usual field, it was very gusty, but managable. No loops or other fancy stuff, though. I'm going to convert the HC to use ailerons and I think I'll flatten out the dihedral, too. Less sailing in the breeze.

I like the challenge, but miss a nice lazy flight where I can let go of the controls and watch her sail...

Calm winds to all,
Joey
jnastasi is offline  
Old 10-27-2007, 04:22 PM
  #199  
Cbman
Member
 
Cbman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 24
Default

Rain off and on since Wednesday but we need it, drought conditions with water restrictions have been in place here in Eastern N.C. Probably won't be able to fly until early next week. Been using the down time to build and convert an Ace Simple Ultimate to electric.

Chuck
Cbman is offline  
Old 10-27-2007, 05:10 PM
  #200  
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required
 
Grasshopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 12,070
Default

Picture perfect here today. Sunny, supposed to be around 70 degrees with light and variable winds. Hopefully I'll get out later today.
Grasshopper is offline  

Quick Reply: Who's got Flying Weather?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.09822 seconds with 11 queries