Pink Pusher Jet Build - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Pink Pusher Jet Build

Old 09-04-2007, 11:47 PM
MikeMc
Sponge Mike

OIC. I thought I spied granite or some type of laminate under there. I so cleverly made my work bench outside too small and always end up on the kitchen counter. Can't really blame me. The tools in the garage are close, counter is right height, it's a large peninsula shape, I have clear view of the TV. I can hear my wife saying, "you better not be cutting on my granite counter."
Old 09-05-2007, 12:17 AM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
No its a compact building table / shelf that i made, its made from 1" x 12" x 8ft shelf board, has a sheet of peg board on the back side, the top has a piece of partical board 1" X 12" x 4' long, that hinges at the top, I swing that up and support it, it has a tube light attached to it, in the middle, the table is 4' x 32" it is hinged at the bottom, and swings down, it has 2 legs that screw on the bottom of the table, when I am done with the building table, i unscrew the legs, and fold the table up, then i fold the top section down, and lock it, its very compact, it sits against the wall, and only stickes out about 12" from the wall, its about 7' high X 4' wide X 12" in depth, and there is storage under the table, I needed something to build on, during the winter months in the house, as its to cold outside to build, and right now its too hot outside, its been like about 108 degrees here the last few days, so this building table allows me to build all year long, inside my house, and does not take up a lot of room, I am renting a small 2 bedroom house, and there is not a lot of room in these older homes, so it workes out great, take care, Chellie
Great looking plane Chellie!! I eagerly await the plans.

I too rent a 2br. and set up a folding table with a 36" X 81" solid door slab on top for a building surface in the spare bedroom.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R L TOP.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	40092  
Old 09-05-2007, 01:56 AM
oimmuk
Monkey Minion

Originally Posted by rea59 View Post

I too rent a 2br. and set up a folding table with a 36" X 81" solid door slab on top for a building surface in the spare bedroom.
That is what I used to build on, just not enough room now. However I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the F4U ya got going there...

Old 09-05-2007, 02:22 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Thank you for the complements plans are being drawn up now, just had to take a break from it and Wow thats a big F4U is it going to be electric powered ? that would be neet, take care, Chellie
Old 09-05-2007, 02:25 AM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Originally Posted by oimmuk View Post
That is what I used to build on, just not enough room now. However I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the F4U ya got going there...
Thank you!

I don't want to highjack Chellie's wounderfull thread so here's the link to the F4U.

Sorry Chellie, it was the only picture I had with the table semi-clean
Old 09-05-2007, 02:27 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Thank you!

I don't want to highjack Chellie's wounderfull thread so here's the link to the F4U.

Sorry Chellie, it was the only picture I had with the table semi-clean

You can Highjack this thread anytime you want, to show off some neet planes Chellie
Old 09-05-2007, 02:29 AM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Thank you for the complements plans are being drawn up now, just had to take a break from it and Wow thats a big F4U is it going to be electric powered ? that would be neet, take care, Chellie
It's not how big it is, it's how.....oops sorry

Double AXI 5330's turning one shaft on two 10S batteries. Approximately 6000 watts or (hopefully) 150 watts per pound when done.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:36 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

It's not how big it is, it's how.....oops sorry

Double AXI 5330's turning one shaft on two 10S batteries. Approximately 6000 watts or (hopefully) 150 watts per pound when done.
Kewl, keep us all informed on your progress, and Videos take care, Chellie
Old 09-05-2007, 04:17 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Default Chellies Pusher Jet Plans

Hi Everyone Well I Promised some Plans, Soooooo here they are, These plans are the Limit of my High School Mechanical Drafting , Lets see, I graduated from High School about 3 years ago, so that makes me about 21 now, yes thats right ?? Well It Sure Sounded Good to Me Here you Go, Have Fun, Chellie

Ps If using Foam Board, cut the slots in the booms and skid 3/16" rather than 1/4" for the 6mm depron

Name:	005_1.jpg
Views:	1134
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	40100   Click image for larger version

Name:	008_1.jpg
Views:	1218
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	40101   Click image for larger version

Name:	010_1.jpg
Views:	1339
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	40102   Click image for larger version

Name:	011_1.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	40103   Click image for larger version

Name:	014_1.jpg
Views:	1186
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	40104  

Last edited by CHELLIE; 09-10-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:29 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Sweet Chellie, thanks.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:45 AM
xuzme720
c'mere Monkey

Location: Just North of Houston.Heard of Dayton? I didn't think so...

sweet! Chellie, you are a wonder!
Old 09-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Hey!!!! The plans for the pink pusher jet are pink as wwell.....hehehehe
Old 09-05-2007, 05:51 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Biplane Murphy View Post
Hey!!!! The plans for the pink pusher jet are pink as wwell.....hehehehe
I thought you would like that Take care, Chellie
Old 09-05-2007, 10:40 AM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Hi Everyone Well I Promised some Plans, Soooooo here they are, These plans are the Limit of my High School Mechanical Drafting , Lets see, I graduated from High School about 3 years ago, so that makes me about 21 now, yes thats right ?? Well It Sure Sounded Good to Me Here you Go, Have Fun, Chellie
Thanks Chellie! Great work as always................now where did I put that Xacto knife........hmmm

(if your 21 then I must be..............well..........22..........at least)
Old 09-08-2007, 10:30 AM
proffcharlie

Hey Chellie, Well another job well done. But then that's the norm for you. A trick you might try next time you have to cut carbon fiber rods or tubes is to use a small tubing cutter. You can find a model called the Imp at most Auto Supply Stores that will close small enough to cut all the way through carbon rod stock. By using the tubing cutter there is no dust or fragmented ends that can split later on. And before somebody jumps on me, yes I know it won't cut on angles but that's what your paper towel trick is for. Keep the great planes coming. Maybe one day when I can start a project and work on it regularly to finish I'll post a build of one of my toys. Anyway just keep them coming. Charlie
Old 09-08-2007, 10:28 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by proffcharlie View Post
Hey Chellie, Well another job well done. But then that's the norm for you. A trick you might try next time you have to cut carbon fiber rods or tubes is to use a small tubing cutter. You can find a model called the Imp at most Auto Supply Stores that will close small enough to cut all the way through carbon rod stock. By using the tubing cutter there is no dust or fragmented ends that can split later on. And before somebody jumps on me, yes I know it won't cut on angles but that's what your paper towel trick is for. Keep the great planes coming. Maybe one day when I can start a project and work on it regularly to finish I'll post a build of one of my toys. Anyway just keep them coming. Charlie
Thank you Charlie thats a good trick to know on cutting carbon fiber, and thank you for the complements Have a great day, Chellie
Old 09-10-2007, 12:38 AM
DavidWent
Holdmybeer and watchthis

Shoot!

I hadn't gotten the usual e-mail notification from new posts for this thread, I just happened by to see if plans have been posted. Low and behold there they are! Very very nice Chellie. Being an ex machinist I love the mechanical drafting plans rather the tiled plans that seem to be more popular.

Thanks again!

David
Old 09-10-2007, 12:41 AM
DavidWent
Holdmybeer and watchthis

I just had to post again so I could get my 100th in!

David
Old 09-10-2007, 01:17 AM
DavidWent
Holdmybeer and watchthis

Hey Chellie,

I know you made yours from 6mm depron, but I still have so much of the Elmers foamboard from that sale at Micheals I told you about, (still have 13 sheets) I'd hate to have to by something else if I can use this. (I'm knda cheap...errr no no frugal, that's it). Will this be ok if I use skewers in the fuse and wings?

Thanks again for the great design and buildguide

David
Old 09-10-2007, 01:37 AM
xuzme720
c'mere Monkey

Location: Just North of Houston.Heard of Dayton? I didn't think so...

Originally Posted by DavidWent View Post
Hey Chellie,

I know you made yours from 6mm depron, but I still have so much of the Elmers foamboard from that sale at Micheals I told you about, (still have 13 sheets) I'd hate to have to by something else if I can use this. (I'm knda cheap...errr no no frugal, that's it). Will this be ok if I use skewers in the fuse and wings?

David
don't see why it won't work...go for it!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:46 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

It looks like there is a 1/4 inch cut out on the bottom skid for the wing and then the 1/4 inch cut out on the booms that you would want to change to the thickness of the foam board. I don't think its quite a 1/4 inch. I would think as long you change these cut outs it would work fine.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:31 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hey Chellie,

David
Hi David sure you can use the foamboard from michales, just cut the slots 3/16" of an inch rather than the 1/4 " for the depron, No problem also you might want to add some CF tube to the leading edge of the wing, just to make it a little stronger , or add some wood dowel, that will work too, as the 3/16 foamboard is a little thinner, and not as strong as the 6mm depron, my first pusher jet was made from foamboard, and it went almost 100 mph, that was a little to fast for me, so i went back to the BP21 motors for a speed of about 60 mph, my first pusher jet had a 3500kv motor and a 4.75x4.75 prop, and it moved real good here is a pic of it, Take care, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 06-05-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:27 PM
oimmuk
Monkey Minion

Nice looking model Chellie, I liked it so much I made it a desktop. Another reason for this is this is what I plan to make first when I get my gear, no sence makeing planes if ya aint got gear to fly them with( not much room here ).
Old 09-11-2007, 03:54 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hey Chellie,

David
Hi Dave you have company I am Cheap and Easy too but dont tell anyone take care, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 09-11-2007 at 04:32 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:21 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by oimmuk View Post
Nice looking model Chellie, I liked it so much I made it a desktop. Another reason for this is this is what I plan to make first when I get my gear, no sence makeing planes if ya aint got gear to fly them with( not much room here ).
That sounds neet, In that case I will send you some more pics of this jet, this was my first pusher jet made from Foamboard sold at Michaels take care, Chellie

Name:	DSCF0014keep[1].jpg
Views:	462
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	40628   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0015keep[1].jpg
Views:	492
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	40629   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0018keep[1].jpg
Views:	507
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	40630  

Last edited by CHELLIE; 09-11-2007 at 06:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Pink Pusher Jet Build

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16062 seconds with 20 queries