Wanted WANTED: HobbyZone / ParkZone Electronics for Repair - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB Electric Powered RC Planes for sale and wanted in here. Free to buy or sell!

Wanted WANTED: HobbyZone / ParkZone Electronics for Repair

Old 07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Default WANTED: HobbyZone / ParkZone Electronics for Repair

WANTED: HobbyZone / ParkZone Electronics for Repair

Looking for HobbyZone / ParkZone Electronics in any condition to help fellow members repair their stock radio systems.

Especially interested in electronics from AB3 and Swift that appear to be very suscepible to damage during crashes. (Trying to figure out if a different mount would lower risk of damage.)

If you have a trashed plane or have upgraded your radio system, I would be happy to pay S&H and something for your old HZ / PZ radio gear to help out a fellow Wattflyer.

PM me with description of electronics and paypal account info.

Clint

Last edited by cbatters; 08-15-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 PM
DragonWeezel

Default Hi!

I have 2 sets of ABX insides that no longer work properly.

1. set has servo twitch real bad,

2. I believe the ESC died. At five flights, flight 1,2 great. 3 was short run time. 4 the prop ran when I plugged it in for a few seconds then stopped, and responded to controlls. 5. The prop ran for a full minute, ramping up speed, then stopped and responded to controlls.
6? no flight six. Prop didn't turn at all. These electronics NEVER saw a hard landing. I can grease in an abx at full speed if the runway is long enough, and if it's short, I can drop it on target.

I would be doubly stoked if I could send you the internals, and you can keep one, ship one back!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

For what it's worth, I collect the Parkzone electronics out of crashed airplanes... I like to put those electronics into GWS airplanes, and give them to new pilots.

I'm at work now, but I think I have a complete ZX10 package, and another ZX10 receiver, that are not currently in any aircraft. I don't remember what channel they are on.

PM me, if you are interested.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:47 AM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by DragonWeezel View Post

2. I believe the ESC died. At five flights, flight 1,2 great. 3 was short run time. 4 the prop ran when I plugged it in for a few seconds then stopped, and responded to controlls. 5. The prop ran for a full minute, ramping up speed, then stopped and responded to controlls.
6? no flight six. Prop didn't turn at all. These electronics NEVER saw a hard landing. I can grease in an abx at full speed if the runway is long enough, and if it's short, I can drop it on target.

I would be doubly stoked if I could send you the internals, and you can keep one, ship one back!
Worth a shot. I'll pm shipping address.

Clint
Old 07-27-2008, 06:27 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Last edited by cbatters; 07-27-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:42 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Loughead View Post
For what it's worth, I collect the Parkzone electronics out of crashed airplanes... I like to put those electronics into GWS airplanes, and give them to new pilots.

I'm at work now, but I think I have a complete ZX10 package, and another ZX10 receiver, that are not currently in any aircraft. I don't remember what channel they are on.

PM me, if you are interested.
Please advise channel and cost of receiver shipped to 02072

Clint
Old 07-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Originally Posted by cbatters View Post
Please advise channel and cost of receiver shipped to 02072
Clint -- check your PM in-box...

I apologize for not responding sooner... I received your PM while I was at the office, and then WattFlyer didn't show your message as "unread", so I simply forgot about it! :o

Anyway, I have two transmitters, and three receivers I can send you. :cool
Old 08-27-2008, 12:11 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Quick follow up - never saw these receivers - offer still valid.

Clint
Old 08-27-2008, 12:13 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Still looking for damaged Swift - AB3 electronics. The REC/ESC seem to be very fragile and am trying to get to bottom of problem and report back to HobbyZone product management.

Clint
Old 08-27-2008, 05:57 PM
DragonWeezel

Default R/C

Sorry things got busy, and I couldn't get them out before I went on my trip, to top it off, I am in the middle of a transition at work. I am not doing anything this weekend, and should be able to package them for you.

I also found some other radio gear that I am going to put in the box for you. So far I have put everything in a box just w/ no packing, I hope to put things into individual ziplocks then probably wrap it in newspaper, peanuts, etc.. Speaking of which, do you want the tx's? I have a few of those I can give you too!

This will go out Hopefully Saturday. It's hard for me to do it during the week because I try and ride my bike to work when I can.

P.S. what do I need to let the ABX work w/ a Lipo? I am highly interested in doubling up two striker bat's in parallel.

I really appreciate your patience, and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I feel like a jerk for not getting these out yet.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:10 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Sorry things got busy, and I couldn't get them out before I went on my trip, to top it off, I am in the middle of a transition at work. I am not doing anything this weekend, and should be able to package them for you.

I also found some other radio gear that I am going to put in the box for you. So far I have put everything in a box just w/ no packing, I hope to put things into individual ziplocks then probably wrap it in newspaper, peanuts, etc.. Speaking of which, do you want the tx's? I have a few of those I can give you too!

This will go out Hopefully Saturday. It's hard for me to do it during the week because I try and ride my bike to work when I can.

P.S. what do I need to let the ABX work w/ a Lipo? I am highly interested in doubling up two striker bat's in parallel.

I really appreciate your patience, and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I feel like a jerk for not getting these out yet.
No problem. We'll see if I can bring at least one of these ABX receivers back to life.

Primary issue with using ABX with Lipo is that LVC is set at ~6V which is approprioate for 2S but would be too low for 3S. That said, I think 3S would likey destroy the electronics and the 540 motor. 2S with 7.4V would seem to be a better replacement for the stock 6 cell NICAD.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Zoo
The Black Baron

Default electronics

Hey CB...if his won't work I got some for ya. They're from a Super Cub if that will suit your needs.....
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~
Old 08-29-2008, 02:46 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
Hey CB...if his won't work I got some for ya. They're from a Super Cub if that will suit your needs.....
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~
Happy to take what you got to see if we can get more HZ/PZ planes back up in the air. Advise S&H costs and paypal address and I'll send funds.

Clint
Old 08-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Zoo
The Black Baron

Default ok

I'm kinda busy this weekend but I WILL get on it Monday...
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~
Old 08-30-2008, 02:55 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
I'm kinda busy this weekend but I WILL get on it Monday...
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~
No worries - have a reat weekend.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:51 AM
DragonWeezel

Electronics sent! PM w/ Tracking # sent!!

in regards to "Primary issue with using ABX with Lipo is that LVC is set at ~6V which is approprioate for 2S but would be too low for 3S. That said, I think 3S would likey destroy the electronics and the 540 motor. 2S with 7.4V would seem to be a better replacement for the stock 6 cell NICAD"

I am more woried about the electronics than the motor. I haven't tried that yet and now I won't thanks!

What I may do though is take the stuff out of my "Training Stryker" when I am done crashing it and see about moving it to the spare ABX bird. I'd entertain Ideas on that too. I'm sure I'll need a differant prop though.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:05 AM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Still looking for defective AB3 and Swift receiver electronics for parts and possible repair.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:27 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Bump - still need some more Hobbyzone Swift / AB3 receiver electronics to figure out what is going on. Seems like there is some defect bringing down these birds and I am trying to figure it out.

Clint
Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 AM
ponybow

Default HZ Phanthom parts

I have more then my share of HZ bricks from phanthoms. Do you know if the Mini Super Cub uses the same brick (looks alike but acts not the same). I have A HZ mini Super Cub with a bad brick in that it will not work the elev. or rud. motor works.
Care to work a swap?

Let me know.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:33 AM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by ponybow View Post
I have more then my share of HZ bricks from phanthoms. Do you know if the Mini Super Cub uses the same brick (looks alike but acts not the same). I have A HZ mini Super Cub with a bad brick in that it will not work the elev. or rud. motor works.
Care to work a swap?

Let me know.
Send me a couple of your old Phantom bricks for spare parts and I'll see if I can repair your Mini Super Cub.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:02 PM
adwb

Default supercub electrics

I have all the original supercub electrics except for a motor that is looking for a home any offers?All in working order.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:31 PM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by adwb View Post
I have all the original supercub electrics except for a motor that is looking for a home any offers?All in working order.
Sounds like you should try selling them. I am looking for defective Hobbyzone electronics with near zero value to use for parts.

Clint
Old 01-25-2009, 09:44 PM
adwb

ok will do thanks, jeez this web site is running slow tonight
adwb
Old 01-25-2009, 09:46 PM
1320fastback

Watts (Ha!) your zip code, I have the RX and servos from a HZ SC you can have.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:40 AM
cbatters
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by 1320fastback View Post
Watts (Ha!) your zip code, I have the RX and servos from a HZ SC you can have.

Quick Reply: Wanted WANTED: HobbyZone / ParkZone Electronics for Repair

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15683 seconds with 12 queries