Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

VIQ:Very Important Qusetion

Old 05-19-2010, 12:27 PM
DanooshDesign

Default VIQ:Very Important Qusetion

Hello,

As far as I know, when I bought a Chinese RC Monster truck I had figured out that the batteries (which are just covered by green plastic) are not for this RC and before I buy it, someone changed them - it's really obvious but I still have doubt - and now because I am in the Iran [and there is no any market to ask or repair the RC Vehicles] I can't complain that the batteries are not original and even not well; because, when I charge the batteries (4 unknown type batteries in one Green package) and put them in the truck, the truck just move normally for a little time (10~12 seconds) and then it works or moves really slow even after just 15 seconds the RC will stop moving! just like when the batteries die but clearly the battery has a lot of energy.
This problem is not depends on the duration of time that I charge the battery because it just happened one day when I charge the batteries more than 24 hours (and they didn't burned!), really weird!.
  • the question is why that problem cause? is there any way to get rid of this problem?

WATCH THIS AND AFTER THAT TELL ME YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS PROBLEM*

http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/GREEN-Battery

I think that the battery pack is 7.9 or 9 Volt (no information are written or shown on the battery pack - even the charger).
And also remember that the RC truck is fine and working perfectly.

Sorry for my bad English... .

Last edited by DanooshDesign; 05-19-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Insomniac

Well for starters shorting the battery like that is really bad for it...

You'll probably just have to find out what kind of pack it is and either find a replacement or build one yourself...
Old 05-19-2010, 03:53 PM
DanooshDesign

How can I build them?!

Could you help me?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Insomniac

You'll have to find out what size cells are in the pack, and then solder some together yourself and shrink-wrap the whole thing. I've never done it though so I'm probably not the best person to help you.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:03 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

You will need to pick up a volt meter to check the batteries. Shorting them out to see if they have a charge is dangerous and does not provide any useful info. I would highly recommend that you never do that again.

Also you will need to know if the batteries are NiCd or NiMh to properly charge them. More than likely the batteries are no good anymore and you will just need to buy a new pack.

What type of charger do you have?
Old 05-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Matt Kirsch
Super Contributor

Danoosh, you should search for the RC Battery Clinic on the web, and do a bunch of reading to learn about batteries first. It will really help you in understanding what's wrong, and what to do about it.

I can't watch your video here at work, but I would expect that your RC came with NiMH batteries, probably very cheap low-quality batteries.

You need to determine how many CELLS the battery pack has. Each cell will be a cylinder. Carefully cut the green wrapper off the pack and count how many cylinders there are.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:57 AM
DanooshDesign

oh, okay.

very thank you,I'll do what you said.