Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

FMA Direct Discuss FMA Direct products or ask your support questions.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-16-2017, 02:54 AM   #1
cats

Friends: (0)
Post PowerLab 6 and Hybrid Chemistry Cells

I am new to using the PowerLab6 and I can't quite seem to figure out how to do discharge tests with hybrid chemistry cells. I am only doing single cell testing and I want to do it on the Samsung INR18650-25R5, LG 18650HG2, LG ICR18650HE4, Sony US18650VTC5, and Sanyo UR18650-NSX cells. I can't seem to find anywhere if this is even possible, and if it is, I would greatly appreciate any instructions on how I would go about doing this. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Friends: (3)

OK I will try to help. First thing to do is get that word Hybrid out of your head as it is meaningless marketing mumbo jumbo voodoo magic. The magic is you are paying 4 to 6 times more than the battery is worth. Nothing special about any of those cells, they are all the exact same thing, an extremely over priced high capacity/discharge rate 18650 cell. They magically make your money disappear.

As for the PL6, again really nothing different needs to be done. You will use one of the LIPO Generic profiles, or Roll your own profile. Bottom line here is 3 amps charge/discharge. Charge voltage = 4.2 volts, discharged to 2.5 volts. Don't make it any harder than it has to be. Those cells you have are just everyday LCO cells and everyone of the variants uses the exact same algorithm.

Charge CC/CV mode: Charge current level is NOT important and does not need to be exact. Anywhere from C/2 to 1C works equally well. Only thing charge rate effects is the amount of time it takes.

Charge cells at C/2 to 1C rate and charge to 4.2 volts until charge current tapers to C/20. So if they are 3000 mah cells you charge until current tapers down to .15 amps

Discharge is even easier. Discharge at any rate you want, but for accurate AH capacity, or industry standard is 1C or 3 amps on a 3000 mah battery. Discharge to 2.5 volts.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct