Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

What glues can I use on Dollar Tree foam

Old 04-28-2019, 03:13 PM
bigoledude

Default What glues can I use on Dollar Tree foam

About 10 years ago I built some foam planes and my twin son would fly them. Two strokes, worsening diabetes, and a kinda serious accident later, I am now able to start cutting and building again. Several of my grandsons have asked me to build them some planes. My memory is not so great and I have forgotten most of the stuff needed to build. Can you guys give me the names of some glues safe to use on papered and stripped Dollar Tree foam board? Thanks in advance. Ray
Old 04-28-2019, 03:37 PM
riverrat
circa: 1946

Hot Glue!
Old 04-28-2019, 03:46 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

I also use hot glue on all the foamboard planes. Great to see you back in the hobby.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:29 PM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Foam-Tac
Gorilla Glue
Epoxy
I have been told not all of the cheap foam boards are compatible with Foam safe CA but some are.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:32 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

To save money .... PU Glue is same as Gorilla Glue but far cheaper ...

But the list ...

UHU Por
Foam Tac
PU Glue
Epoxy
Foam Safe Solvent free contact glues
Hot Glue - but this is heaviest
Foam Safe CA
Old 04-28-2019, 11:14 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Has anyone tried "Super 'Phatic" on foam like Dollar Tree, EPP or Depron? Ignore the negative reviews on the Horizon site as those guys simply don't know how to use adhesives...I've used Super 'Phatic for years on balsa and it has almost 100% replaced CA for me. It says it works on foam but I don't normally do foam so can't verify. I do have a 3D Foamy Depron F-18 kit that I bought over 15 years ago. It's maybe 50% built with whatever foam safe CA that I happened to have way back then. I won't buy any more foam specific CA as I don't normally fly the stuff and the CA will go to waste. I might try the Super 'Phatic to finally finish it up. I have tons of different adhesives. Buying more from overseas with the shipping is 100% out of the question. If it can't be finished with Super 'Phatic, regular CA or hot glue then it'll end up in the trash.

Soooo.........Dollar Tree, Depron, EPP, styrofoam multi use glue for foam AND balsa at a realistic price? If available then where? For me preferably in USA.

Joe