Hi-Performance and Sailplanes RC hotliners, electric pylon racers, F5B, F5D, sailplanes and gliders

multiplex Easyglider Pro

Old 11-09-2008, 10:13 PM
groundrushesup
Super Contributor

Default multiplex Easyglider Pro

Grrr, one thing that irks me is when a company can't seem to get right and let me spend my money on their products - case in point: I cannot for the life of me put my hands on an Easyglider Pro kit. Everywhere it seems it is backordered.

Anyone have a clue as to why this is? Has it been released in the US yet? I want a 4-ch sailplane / hotliner and I like the EGP's lines (I've seen it up close) but my desire to hand Multiplex my hard-earned loot is waning by the day.

Suggestions on a similar model, or should I just wait until Zee Germans work out their inventory problems?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Led Zeppelin

It's not the Germans to blame for this. I went this summer to Vienna Austria and EGP was available in every LHS in Vienna. It is worth waiting for this plane - amazing glider.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Ben D wing

This.. https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=4527 ..is a far superior glider to the EG or EG Pro, and it even looks semi scale. If you consider the fact that you get a quality outrunner motor, Graupner precision spinner and carbon blades included in the kit, then it is an absolute bargain.
Have yet to maiden mine due to adverse weather.

P.S.
Despite what the instructions say it can be run on a 3s lipo with the supplied blades as it operates within the motors max stated efficiency range.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
mark_

I found an EG pro with the brushless upgrade from multiplex...around $ CDN 350.
There are no installation instructions to accompany the the upgraded motor. I was wondering if I need to follow the original build plans and add the motor at the end? Has anyone posted a build for the EG pro with the upgrade?
I bought the foam safe CA but the LHS had no kicker...am I ok to go ahead with my build without the kicker?
Thank you.
Mark
Old 11-12-2008, 06:46 PM
bajinuk

Was thinking of a EGP especially since they have gone down to 50, but you have me thinking now. Who did you buy your Elektro Junior from BenDwing?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Ben D wing

Mark, please DO NOT under any circumstances use foam safe cyano on your EG Pro, it's not suitable as it gives an extremely weak bond on Elapor/Solidpor/Arcel foams. Regular cyano is the only glue that should be used on Elapor. If you can get it, I highly recommend Multiplex's own Zacki cyano as this has been specially formulated for Elapor and kicker is not needed.

Bajinuk, the cheapest I found was at www.scalegliders.co.uk or http://www.scalegliders.co.uk/ccp6/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=Graupner+ELEKTR O+JUNIOR+S+ at 66.
At that price it's a steal!

Maidened mine today, at last, and it's awesome! Check here too.... http://www.flyingsites.co.uk/forum/i...p?topic=7091.0

Last edited by Ben D wing; 11-12-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:29 PM
mark_

Thanks Ben D wing...I was going to use this glue M100F from http://www.mercuryadhesives.com/products.htm will be not provide a good bond for me?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 PM
bajinuk

wow! that is a fantastic price. Glad i saw your comment BenDwing; Cheers. What servos do you use in yours.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:13 AM
mark_

I was also wondering about servos. I have some extra HS 55s and was wondering if I could use them for all 4 servos. Bendywing...thank you very much from stopping me from using the wrong glue. Owe you a beer for sure.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Ben D wing

Originally Posted by mark_ View Post
Thanks Ben D wing...I was going to use this glue M100F from http://www.mercuryadhesives.com/products.htm will be not provide a good bond for me?
Mark, I would say the M300M would be good, not the foam safe.

Mark and Bajinuk, I am using the following servos, but only because they were spare!:
JP 9g for the ailerons and JP EnErG S75 for the elevator and rudder. These might seem a bit marginal to some folks, but as this is not a Hotliner I have found them to be ok so far.
Servos I can thoroughly recommend are the UltraFly ST-9 as they have a good torque figure and are good value at 5.99 each from Ajay Models in Chesterfield.
Specifications as follows: Torque, 1.6kg/cm @ 4.8V.....Speed, 0.12 sec/60 deg. @ 4.8V....Dimensions, 21.5mm x 11.8mm x 22.7mm. I have these servos fitted in two other models and they have been ultra () reliable so far!
Be warned though, if you are using most of the 'generic' 9g servos available in the Elektro Junior, the moulded cut outs will need lengthening a few mm as they are made to fit the very shallow JR/Graupner servos.

No worries on the beer, just glad to help out!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:37 PM
mark_

Thanks again Bendy...I think that I will go with my 55s for ailerons and will order some hs 81s for my elav and rudder. start my build tonight!

Mark
Old 11-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Ben D wing

Thanks again Bendy...I think that I will go with my 55s for ailerons and will order some hs 81s for my elav and rudder. start my build tonight!

Mark
Good luck! Oh, and the back drop at your golf course is awesome although it would be a bit of a hike to go slope soaring!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:06 AM
mark_

Glad you like the golf course Bendy...thank you.
So I'm ready to glue the 2 halves of the fuse together. The manual says to add the 2 steel ball weights 'for the tuning version'. I think this means for the brushless power pack upgrade which I have...is this correct?

mark
Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Ben D wing

Glad you like the golf course Bendy...thank you.
So I'm ready to glue the 2 halves of the fuse together. The manual says to add the 2 steel ball weights 'for the tuning version'. I think this means for the brushless power pack upgrade which I have...is this correct?

mark
Yes, as that motor is heavier and needs the extra weight in the tail to compensate. As long as you use a LiPo of equivilent weight to what MPX recommend the CofG should be spot on.