Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

funjet prop

Old 12-11-2008, 10:41 PM
jabba1

hi pablo
my son thought he had the camera on but he did'nt realize until i'd allready been flying for one and a half mins,
so i'd say 3 and a half to 4 mins on this battery.
my het 3w 25 turned up this morning gonna try tomorrow .
static tested with 6x5.5 prop on 4s pulls 800 watt and 38 amp.
this should be quick ,motor is rated at 50 amp 1100 watt on 6s,
on 4s i can run 7x5 for good speed and low amps.
keep watching for vid.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:40 PM
pablo27

Well I creamed my 3200kv heli motor !

I took the motor out to check it over and noticed that the leads had been rubbing on the bell of the motor, so I added extra insulation tape to them. The next flight resulted in a safe launch and then the motor cutting and eventually quitting.

On inspection the copper bindings had started to melt, probably due to the extra insulation rubbing and binding the motor up, resulting in it overheating. I really should have run this outrunner on the outside of the mount where the leads would not rub.

Lesson learnt but no more in stock at Giantcod so I needed a motor ASAP to play with over Christmas, I plumped for this off a UK sellar on eBay.
https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...idProduct=4200

I ran it today with a 4.75x4.75 prop and 3s 25c 2250mAh battery, 40 amp ESC. Performance was good although not a lot quicker than the heli motor. Test show that it's hitting 40amps at wot with 420 watts with this prop and I'm not sure if I should try a bigger prop without damaging this motor ?

It certainly screams a lot higher and sounds good, battery life was good too, I ran 11 mins on the first flight and 13mins on the second, this was with a lot of slow passes mixed in to the flights, as I like to actually see the FJ when it flies by !
Old 12-24-2008, 11:58 PM
jabba1

Default turnigy 3900

Originally Posted by pablo27 View Post

I took the motor out to check it over and noticed that the leads had been rubbing on the bell of the motor, so I added extra insulation tape to them. The next flight resulted in a safe launch and then the motor cutting and eventually quitting.

On inspection the copper bindings had started to melt, probably due to the extra insulation rubbing and binding the motor up, resulting in it overheating. I really should have run this outrunner on the outside of the mount where the leads would not rub.

Lesson learnt but no more in stock at Giantcod so I needed a motor ASAP to play with over Christmas, I plumped for this off a UK sellar on eBay.

I ran it today with a 4.75x4.75 prop and 3s 25c 2250mAh battery, 40 amp ESC. Performance was good although not a lot quicker than the heli motor. Test show that it's hitting 40amps at wot with 420 watts with this prop and I'm not sure if I should try a bigger prop without damaging this motor ?

It certainly screams a lot higher and sounds good, battery life was good too, I ran 11 mins on the first flight and 13mins on the second, this was with a lot of slow passes mixed in to the flights, as I like to actually see the FJ when it flies by !

yo pablo, i tried that motor but did'nt rate it, just did'nt have what it takes,40 amp 400w.the guy who sells them on ebay says they are ideal for funjet 100mph+.i never tried larger prop because it well over amps it
maybe try 5x4,or 5x3,
i tried funjet with het 3w25 1700kv 4s today,well happy with results
does around 100mph
33amp 6x5.5 prop run times are good.
530 watt,crazy vertical on half throttle
motor is rated at 50 amp 1100watt,so this baby will be ballistic on 6s,

merry xmas to all.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:09 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Originally Posted by pablo27 View Post

I am using that 3900kv hxt motor on a stryker, I can't remember the prop size, I think a 4" but It was pulling 52amps at 570 watts... on a 3cell 2200 pack...

SK
Old 12-25-2008, 08:17 AM
jabba1

pablo if you get another heli motor.
just remember if you put on outside to reverse shaft or you will probably
push the bell off as only mamgnets holding it on.
i find that motor on outside is better.

jabba.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 AM
nipper

i am setting my funjet up with the het 2w-20 motor / 4.5 x 4.5 prop / 80 amp turnigy plush esc and 4 s 2500 lipo power. my friend now has the new het 1w / with 120 amp esc and this jet is a jet and a half i must say.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:56 AM
jabba1

Originally Posted by nipper View Post
i am setting my funjet up with the het 2w-20 motor / 4.5 x 4.5 prop / 80 amp turnigy plush esc and 4 s 2500 lipo power. my friend now has the new het 1w / with 120 amp esc and this jet is a jet and a half i must say.
hi there ,
hav'nt had much time lately,but yes i seen the new het motor
awsome power.
i been using het motors a while now with no probs asyet.
try het 3w25 on 6s lipo,around 150mph.on funjet.
thanks for your comments
jabba.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:53 PM
sprinter

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...=11389&page=89