Aerial Photography Discuss all aerial photography topics as they relate to rc aircraft

Hobby Lobbys new FlyCamOne v2

Old 01-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Thanks for the help. I think that I expected the lens housing to be a bit more firm in its travel than what it is. Camera thus far is taking a charge and I have danced through the modes, have a standard SD 2 gig in the camera. Tomorrow I will update the firmware, remove the protective film and see how the camera works.

thanks
One other thing to be careful of is that the battery is very sensitive to being overcharged. Mine lasted only a half dozen flights before I accidentally left it charging overnight. It is completely useless now, but the camera still works if I power it from the flight battery via an open Rx channel.

Edit: I did not add that link on the word "Flight". WTF?
Old 01-13-2009, 05:38 AM
groundrushesup
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Fly Time View Post
One other thing to be careful of is that the battery is very sensitive to being overcharged. Mine lasted only a half dozen flights before I accidentally left it charging overnight. It is completely useless now, but the camera still works if I power it from the flight battery via an open Rx channel.

Edit: I did not add that link on the word "Flight". WTF?

Overcharged? Man I guess that's why my battery seems to die in mid flight every time. My only other big complaint is the aperature width is so narrow thatyou really need to fly it close to mid-day to get the most even light possible - otherwise a roll transitions from light to dark in a clunky way and the CCD doesn't seem to keep up. Overall though I like mine. I did slap a small piece of blenderm over the mic hole to cut down wind noise.

I guess its time for me to build a harness of some sort to connect it to the Rx....

Yeah you did, Doug. Guilty guilty guilty. Nah actually I think Mr. Parsons is adding a glossary mod to the forum so key words are linked automagically.

Click and see!

Josh
Old 01-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Originally Posted by groundrushesup View Post
I guess its time for me to build a harness of some sort to connect it to the Rx....
Easy to do if you use the mounting pylon that comes with the camera. Using power from an open Rx channel, you cou can shoot until the card is full.

Originally Posted by groundrushesup View Post
Yeah you did, Doug. Guilty guilty guilty. Nah actually I think Mr. Parsons is adding a glossary mod to the forum so key words are linked automagically.
See, it happened to you too. It's an annoying feature if you ask me.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:26 PM
groundrushesup
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Fly Time View Post
Easy to do if you use the mounting pylon that comes with the camera. Using power from an open Rx channel, you can shoot until the card is full.
See, it happened to you too. It's an annoying feature if you ask me.

I bet there'll be a toggle to turn it off.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:45 PM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

On sale today only if anyone is interested - www.hobbylobby.com go to crash sale item

"FlyCamOne2" Micro Video Camera
Record up to 30 minutes of in-flight video

Shown mounted on included base
FlyCamOne2 Micro RC Video Camera - Version-2: 3" x 1-1/2" x 1/2" (camera only), 1 oz. V.2 changes include: larger resolution, LCD display, rotating lens, longer battery life, and a thermal activated motion detector. Video camera includes audio, still photos, a voice recorder, USB drive, and a Webcam. Unit is small enough to mount on just about any model airplane, small parkflyers, RC cars, trains, skate boards, or even a kite. Can be remotely activated using an additional servo. Videos are recorded with a resolution of 640x480 for clear playback, complete with sound, and 1280x1024 pixels for still photos. Camera lens rotates 90 degrees so you can take photos or video from multiple angles. Built-in rechargeable 200 mAh Li-Ion battery that charges via the USB port on your computer in about 1 to 1-1/2 hours. For video and audio-recordings, FlyCamOne2 requires a minimum sustained write speed of 9 megabytes (MB) per second and a read speed of 10MB per second (not included). With a 2GB SD card (not included) the video recording time is about 30 minutes. Webcam use requires the included software and USB cable. No software required for all other uses! You can edit and compress the .avi video files using Windows Movie Maker, included with Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista.
AA1130 Acme "FlyCamOne2" Micro RC Video Camera ..... $99.90
CRASH SALE! ..... $ 69.90 - Save $30.00!
AVAILABLE NOW
Old 01-31-2009, 02:44 AM
aero_k

This always happens to me. I just bought a FCO2, and of course it went on sale two days later. Oh well, I think I'll be happy with it anyway. When I bought my DX6, the DX6i came out a week later.

I'm looking forward to using this camera, but I'll be careful about temperature. These Canadian winters can be chilly. Thanks for the charging heads-up too. Has someone developed a set-up for swiveling the camera with a servo, without buying the add-on?
Old 01-31-2009, 02:47 AM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Hobby Lobby will prob take care or you. Post this down in the Hobby Lobby forum, Jason will answer.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:38 AM
danmilo

Default In Flight On-Off Switching

Finally warmed up a bit here in Oregon (in between the rain/snow this week) and I got an opportunity to try the Fly Cam One2 with the switch attachment. I tried it out on the bench, hit one of my couple extra toggle switches on my radio until I viewed the unit starting to video record. Then it stopped, then it started...on..off. Hmm, I have it the camera set for UR (video continuously)...why is it doing that. Hit the switch the other way, hey it works just fine. Hmm.............DOH That's the flap switch you idiot! I gues the camera doesn't like the intermediate flap switch knob to be set at 50% of travel!!!

Once I stopped laughing, the flight video turned out OK. My two dogs always chase my plane. Unfortunately I pointed the camera forward (but not angled down enough this flight) to catch much footage of my dogs planning their intercept!

Dan
Old 03-18-2009, 04:17 AM
aero_k

I tried my FCO2 on my Superfly today for the first time and I was fairly happy. I did one flight with video and one on picture mode using the switch attachment. I worked great. I think the picture quality would be better on a slower plane since I had to fly pretty fast to keep the weight of the camera (although small) in the air. This was my first ever AP/AV flight, and I think I'm hooked already...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0004.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	96606   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0007.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	96607   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0010.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	96608   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0011.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	96609   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0014.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	96610  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0017.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	96611  
Old 03-18-2009, 04:19 PM
FL Knifemaker
All I Need are Elevons

I was never thrilled with the FlyCam but I DID have a lot of fun with it mounted to my old SS. All the Aerial Vids on my Vimeo page are shot with the FlyCam OneII. The "Splash" video features it's tragic death

Get your airsick bag ready!!

[media]http://vimeo.com/1822878[/media]
Old 03-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Crash9
www.FPVpilot.com

This was posted at RCG and I thought someone here might have lost one.

Originally Posted by Guy who found plane

While I was out working today, I found an rc airplane. So now I'm selling the electronics out of it

1-Exceed-RC Alpha 480 63M20 35-36 kv910 brushless motor
1-Grayson Hobby Programmable Brushless ESC 30AMP 2-3 Li-Polys
1-Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM2 AR6100 Microlite Receiver
2-Parkzone DSV130M servoes
2-Parkzone PKZ1081 SV80 servoes
1-FlyCamOne2 1.3 Mega Pix onboard camera

It also had a Li-Poly battery, but it looks like a balloon....lol

I really don't know what this stuff is worth, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find out.
Shoot me an offer, or something you might wanna trade.
Mike (817)992-6473

Not to cool that this guy isn't trying to find the owner so if you lost this plane you might try and get it back.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:20 PM
groundrushesup
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Crash9 View Post
This was posted at RCG and I thought someone here might have lost one.

Originally Posted by Guy who found plane

While I was out working today, I found an rc airplane. So now I'm selling the electronics out of it

1-Exceed-RC Alpha 480 63M20 35-36 kv910 brushless motor
1-Grayson Hobby Programmable Brushless ESC 30AMP 2-3 Li-Polys
1-Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM2 AR6100 Microlite Receiver
2-Parkzone DSV130M servoes
2-Parkzone PKZ1081 SV80 servoes
1-FlyCamOne2 1.3 Mega Pix onboard camera

It also had a Li-Poly battery, but it looks like a balloon....lol

I really don't know what this stuff is worth, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find out.
Shoot me an offer, or something you might wanna trade.
Mike (817)992-6473

Not to cool that this guy isn't trying to find the owner so if you lost this plane you might try and get it back.

Sounds like it is a Trojan.