Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Installing Prop on E-flight power 25

Old 06-26-2010, 10:52 PM
psk1873

Default Installing Prop on E-flight power 25

How do I install the propeller on the Power 25 Motor? http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLM4025A I never new to this, I just bought the small motor kit today,
Old 06-26-2010, 11:05 PM
psk1873

I recieved the Apprentice e15 for a gift and I already broke the Motor, and I want to replace it with a heavier set motor, which I already bough, seems to work fine, but I do not know how to install the propeller onto the motor, could someone please help?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

Default Proper Prop?

Hello Psk1873, Welcome to Wattflyer!
From the ad photo, it looks like a pretty conventional prop adapter;
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLM4025A
But, depending upon the brand of prop, you may need to use a prop adapter ring, one of the small plastic collars that come with the prop, to adjust the size. If the prop adapter shaft is 5.0 mm and the hole in the prop is 6.0 mm, you'll need to put the ring on that increases the shaft to 6.0 mm. If the hole in the prop is too small you have to enlarge it, either with a drill bit, round file or rasp, or prop reamer.
Once the adapter shaft size and prop hole size are equal, slide the adapter onto the motor shaft.
Place the prop onto the adapter.
Thread the front retainer (or prop nut) onto the shaft -this looks like a thin spinner. There may also be a hub washer placed between the prop front and the front retainer nut.
Tighten the front retainer by sliding a piece of wire or other thin metal into the hole in the retainer and screwing it as tight as you can. You hold the prop from turning with one hand and screw the prop nut (using the wire) with the other hand.
Here's photos, in the last one I should be holding the prop with my other hand, but I needed it to operate the camera!
Hope this helps!
Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2714.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	130935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2715.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	130936   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2716.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	130937   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2717.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	130938   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2718.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	130939  

Old 06-29-2010, 09:31 PM
psk1873

Yes, sorry I have not gotten back earlier, I have been busy working and flying, and yes, after reading CGRetired post it helped a lot, I was really confusing to see my original adapter with a set screw and the new one i bought without, but thank you so much, I finally can fly again!