Hi-Performance and Sailplanes RC hotliners, electric pylon racers, F5B, F5D, sailplanes and gliders

72 inch Glass air glider by Norvel

Old 07-20-2010, 03:16 AM
Tigermoth
Tigermoth

Default 72 inch Glass air glider by Norvel

Took this 72 inch Glass air glider by Norvel on trade but came with no instuction for the few bulk heads . Anyone have any info on putting this glider fuse together
Thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

Default Glass Air?

Hello Tigermoth,
I have the powered version of the Glassair glider. The only structure inside the fuselage (on the electric version) is a battery tray that goes under the wing at the bottom of the fuselage, a servo tray that is placed at the rear of the wing opening, just low enough so that the servo arms don't foul the wing when it's attached. This takes a little fiddling, since the "V" of the dihedral (at the center) sits a bit lower than the outside wing saddle.
Last, there are wing mounting blocks, 2 hardwood blocks that go under the "bridge" of material crossing the wing opening in the fuselage. If you assemble the wing, align it on the fuselage and drop the bolts into their holes, it will be clear where the blocks should go.
There are also small pieces of hardwood that are glued to the bottom of each wing surface, right at the trailing edge.
These sit inside the rear fuselage opening, to stop the wing from twisting tip-to-tip. These blocks also have to clear the servo tray.
The unpowered version may be slightly different, I would guess there is a block for the towhook reinforcement. On most gliders, the hook placement is slightly ahead of the C.G., about 1/2" is a good place to start.
Hope this helps!
Ron
Old 07-21-2010, 02:51 AM
Tigermoth
Tigermoth

Default Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Sky Sharkster View Post
Hello Tigermoth,
I have the powered version of the Glassair glider. The only structure inside the fuselage (on the electric version) is a battery tray that goes under the wing at the bottom of the fuselage, a servo tray that is placed at the rear of the wing opening, just low enough so that the servo arms don't foul the wing when it's attached. This takes a little fiddling, since the "V" of the dihedral (at the center) sits a bit lower than the outside wing saddle.
Last, there are wing mounting blocks, 2 hardwood blocks that go under the "bridge" of material crossing the wing opening in the fuselage. If you assemble the wing, align it on the fuselage and drop the bolts into their holes, it will be clear where the blocks should go.
There are also small pieces of hardwood that are glued to the bottom of each wing surface, right at the trailing edge.
These sit inside the rear fuselage opening, to stop the wing from twisting tip-to-tip. These blocks also have to clear the servo tray.
The unpowered version may be slightly different, I would guess there is a block for the towhook reinforcement. On most gliders, the hook placement is slightly ahead of the C.G., about 1/2" is a good place to start.
Hope this helps!
Ron
Thanks Ken