Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

world model corsair ep?

Old 03-03-2008, 07:16 AM
tmaucher

Default world model corsair ep?

I just bought the world models corsair ep, and I was wondering if anybody else has it yet. Any sugestions that you might be able to pass on would be appreciated.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

You have got to be one of the first to have one of these. Just last week it was still listed as "coming soon". I'm very curious about it, so please share your experience with it on here. Looks like a nice model!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:06 AM
tmaucher

Let me if I could, preface this by saying that I owned the groovey 3d. I used the included motor and the plane had no low end torque that a 3d model needs. The cowl was so thin that a chunk of it flew off on a good landing. I know that this isnt about that, but I think that it had to be said that I thought I would never buy a World Model plane again. Never say never. The corsair looks pretty good, and we'll see about the quality soon. Let you know what I think later when I get into it. thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Well the World Models Zero has a good strong following over at RCG, so they must be doing something right. At least they thought of adding a battery hatch to this one (that's the one big shortcoming of the zero).
Old 03-04-2008, 04:33 PM
SeaFuryOne
SeaFury > Mustang

Originally Posted by Fly Time View Post
Well the World Models Zero has a good strong following over at RCG, so they must be doing something right. At least they thought of adding a battery hatch to this one (that's the one big shortcoming of the zero).

Yea, I and my father own several TWM planes, all are top quality and very scale. No issues at all with any of there planes except for my Zero needing a battery hatch as was stated, sorry but it sounds like you got a bad one, in general TWM makes some of the better/best planes out there.

The corsair I've seen is nice, although they would not do retracts due to them needing to rotate they said it was to much work (read money) to make it happen, but all in all its a nice little plane, word of advice most TWM planes are very scale hence requiring nose weight to fly correctly, I expect this corsair to follow that same tradition.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:28 PM
odieyodie

Location: Lincoln, Nebraska (summer) Casa Grande AZ. (winter)

Additional nose weight is a must on this bird. We had to add a ton of weight to the front end to get it to balance correctly. This makes for a heavy airplane for it's size. The engine we received with it was junk. The shaft allows the armeture to move forward under throttle or high rpm and then it just quits.
I have yet to get a successfull flight. It is real pretty though so I will keep trying.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:17 PM
jaleonard3

Talking TWM Corsair

I have been flying mine for just over a year. My build is completely stock (motor too). Prop is an APC 9 X 6 SF. Servos are Hitec HS-65's all around. Mine did not need added weight to balance with a TP-2100 pro-lite 3S pack. It flys OK. It tends to want to roll a lot at speed and requires active fingers on the sticks. I can handle that. But, it suffers from TWM disease. Everyone of their electric warbirds has a very efficient airfoil so that they all tend to float a lot on landing approach. They don't bleed off speed much so you really have to fly them all the way down. Get too slow and this one will stall and roll. Its a fun model to fly but a bit of a handful. Exactly what you would expect from a scale warbird. Happy flying.