Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

AI Good or Bad

Old 07-03-2018, 06:45 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Question AI Good or Bad

AI, Artificial Intelligence, Good or Bad, I think its A Bad thing, Why, Dark Forces can Take it over, IMHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOaLgJ3hYt4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRzBk_KuIaM
Old 07-03-2018, 10:06 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Hey Chellie ... you really are on a Dark Crusade ... what happened ??

Nigel
Old 07-04-2018, 12:09 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Hey Chellie ... you really are on a Dark Crusade ... what happened ??

Nigel

Just stirring the Pot a little Forgive Me
Old 07-04-2018, 01:00 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Just getting a bit worried there !!!!

Cheers
Nigel
Old 07-04-2018, 01:59 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Just getting a bit worried there !!!!

Cheers
Nigel

Wattflyers Was Getting a Little Dull and not to much action on the Board, so I tried to Spice it up a Little LOL
Old 07-04-2018, 02:17 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Needs a bit of Chilli Pepper sometimes !!

Nigel
Old 07-04-2018, 03:25 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

I Knew that The Telsa Autopilot AI was going to get people killed, it was a No Brainer, and several people have died.

http://digg.com/2018/tesla-crash-aut...-investigation

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-auto...air-advantage/

Serial tech entrepreneur and Tesla CEO Elon Musk has had a longstanding fear of artificial intelligence, but his company’s investments in artificial intelligence have been noted as an attempt to keep track of developments in the field of AI. In an interview for Vanity Fair in April 2017, he outright expressed his concerns with AI and claimed that one of the reasons for the development of SpaceX was that it could be an interplanetary escape route for humanity if artificial intelligence goes rogue. However, even Musk realizes the importance of AI in real-world applications, specifically for self-driving cars. At the end of June, Musk hired Andrej Karpathy as the new Director of Artificial Intelligence at Tesla, and MIT Technology Review claims it is the start of a plan to rethink automated driving at Tesla.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:49 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Pity that Tesla are now in 'damage control' claiming sabotage on the cars that have caught fire ....

Just think about the Tesla he shot into space ... something like 10 billion years life out there before it decays ??? Talk about environmental junk ... why no-one stopped him ... ??

Nigel
Old 07-04-2018, 03:52 PM
birdDog
Charging....

It is a bit creepy that the "AI" must be programmed to decide who dies in certain scenarios. Ethical nightmare. So if my tesla decides to run over the pedestrian vs. swerving into an oncoming vehicle, in a no win situation, who gets sued for damages? The programmers? How about deciding rather to hit a bicyclist vs. sending itself off of a mountain cliff? Decisions...decisions.....
Old 07-04-2018, 03:56 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Anyone remember the movie many years ago about a Super Computer buried in the mountains in USA ... switched on to run the USA Defence system.

First thing it did was demand communications link with the Russian version ... and then promptly imprisoned the creators.

Movie ends if I remember rightly with the USA computer taking control of the Russian 'inferior' machine ... of course its Hollywood !! ... and then giving out information on its Nuclear detonations to reduce human population to end famine etc.

Great movie !!

Then of course there's Wargames ... the kid hacks into the Defence System Computer and starts worldwide nuclear war ...

Nigel
Old 07-04-2018, 06:29 PM
park
Clear !

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
I Knew that The Telsa Autopilot AI was going to get people killed, it was a No Brainer, and several people have died.

http://digg.com/2018/tesla-crash-aut...-investigation

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-auto...air-advantage/

Serial tech entrepreneur and Tesla CEO Elon Musk has had a longstanding fear of artificial intelligence, but his company’s investments in artificial intelligence have been noted as an attempt to keep track of developments in the field of AI. In an interview for Vanity Fair in April 2017, he outright expressed his concerns with AI and claimed that one of the reasons for the development of SpaceX was that it could be an interplanetary escape route for humanity if artificial intelligence goes rogue. However, even Musk realizes the importance of AI in real-world applications, specifically for self-driving cars. At the end of June, Musk hired Andrej Karpathy as the new Director of Artificial Intelligence at Tesla, and MIT Technology Review claims it is the start of a plan to rethink automated driving at Tesla.
I didn’t look at the links but AI is pretty scary !
This might be a little off topic. I train pilots in classroom and full motion simulators for aircraft that have $ 1,000,000 avionic systems and this information cannot be found on the internet but these high dollar systems have a fail rate of .01% per hour and the pilots are trained to take over manually.
So, a 1M system malf’s and they want to have self driving vehicles with a $15,000 system, yeah right.
I have been conducting a poll for about six months asking people if self driving vehicles will work ? and it has yielded a very interesting results;
100% of Commercial pilots say NO
90% of non-pilots say YES
The age range was from 25 to 65 years old
This tells me that most people that have not been exposed to high technology automation have no clue and will be like sheep and just follow the ones in front of them off the cliff.
I’m 56 and I will never sit my butt in a self driving vehicle in my lifetime.
I’m thinking about having some bumper stickers made “self driving vehicles stay back 100’ “ anybody want one 😁
Old 07-04-2018, 06:39 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

I’m thinking about having some bumper stickers made “self driving vehicles stay back 100’ “ anybody want one ��

Good one park LOL

I am Well aware of Murphy's Law I am a Retired Engineer and Fleet Tech. nothing is perfect or last forever and I will not Trust any A I System with my Life.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:30 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Sitting in the lounge of an Airport ... I sat with a 4 ringer (Pilot Captain) and we got chatting about todays aircraft. He'd just flown an A321 in and was going home for vacation as a passenger ...

I thought it was very interesting when I asked him which he preferred ... Boeing or Airbus.

It came down to Pilots authority over the Fly By Wire ... as he said and he was cleared for both 737 and A320 / A321 ...

The Boeing system allowed Pilot to take full control and over-ride the FbW Computers ... but Airbus did not .............. in event of emergency manoeuvres etc.
He admitted that they both would act and he would get his response ... but he eflt uneasy that Airbus was still putting the computer inbetween him and aircraft even in emergency.

So whether we like it or not ......... if we fly often ... as I do - you will be at the hands of AI ....

Lets look at cars ........ driven later BMW ? The car that regards the Driver as a total idiot ? Its only race BMW's and specially modified for movie stunts that have the drive 'style' computer switched out. You with your road toy cannot. AI again.

Its there and increasing everyday ... even my Volvo ... its AWD system is based not on what I want ... but what the computer interprets from the ABS system feedback !!

nigel
Old 10-24-2018, 02:22 AM
Stick Dude

1984, Yikes! Driverless cars makes about as much sense as screen doors on a submarine. Ai is pretty scary too!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3d.gif
Views:	8
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	187097   Click image for larger version

Name:	count_floyd.gif
Views:	8
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	187098