Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Who's got Flying Weather?

Old 07-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

72 degrees, sunny and dead calm right now. Getting ready to head out and send the Magpie up for a little AP.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Well, so much for that. Went out to get my stuff ready and the winds moved in. Trees are blowing all over. It's too windy to fly now. Grrr.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:44 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Today is about the prettiest day I have seen in a long time. As the weatherman put it on the radio, "Today is a day you wish you could bottle and save for January, when it is 5 below and snowing". That about sums it up. Wish I wasn't working.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:33 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Went to the field today, along with my wife and daughter. Bekah wanted to see daddy fly. She would watch for a few moments, then go back to coloring.

Flew 2 packs in the Electristar, had a blast. A few loops, a barrel roll, and takeoffs/landings were all non-events. Was a perfect day. Well, I guess it coulda been about 5-10 degrees cooler, but who noticed that?

What a day!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:36 AM
brnyrbbl
Powered by Visa

Likewise here. I took the Cub out yesterday and got in 3 smooth flights. I went again today and it was perfect. Just a little cloud cover and slight wind (I actually like a little wind). I flew out 5 packs and recorded Crash9 flying his GWS A-10 and P-38. What a perfect weekend!
Old 07-28-2007, 06:31 AM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

the last week seems like calm winds and warm sunshine.

I'm using every bit of it I can!
Old 07-28-2007, 04:37 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Today is really cloudy, and I am at work, so not much of a waste. Tomorrow is promised to be beautiful, so I will pack my EZStar in the car, and maybe hit the field on my way home from work. Wish I could pack the Electristar, but I dont think having it sit in the car in the sun would be a good idea on the Monokote.....or the balsa it would warp.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:10 PM
brnyrbbl
Powered by Visa

Just got back from another 6 flights today. Weather was nice. Partly cloudy and a slight breeze.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Nice mourning to fly here so i flew the Christen Eagle 4 times and managed to stay away from the foam eating Jackpines. Knock on Wood
Old 08-01-2007, 02:18 AM
Gnascher
Got My TX - Need 2 Fly!

Perfect, idyllic, orgasmic....

I went out to the lake this evening around 4:00pm today with my wife, 18mo old daughter and "the other woman" (my Super Decathlon).

It was in the high 80's, mostly sunny with some scattered clouds and wind speeds from about 0-5mph. I got four nice long flights in (with two real nice ROW) ... couldn't ask for anything better. The lake water was also practically bath-water temp ... so plenty of swimming between flights.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Sounds nice Gnascher!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Weather here is pretty nice, just hot and humid. Wish I hadn't crashed the EZStar......would love to be putting that to good use. <sigh>
Old 08-01-2007, 09:19 AM
sadkingbilly
Happy When Flying

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
Weather here is pretty nice, just hot and humid. Wish I hadn't crashed the EZStar......would love to be putting that to good use. <sigh>
Then, fix it! Should take no longer than an hour or so..

I have flying weather right now! Really nice, blue sky, sunny (duh, without clouds) and 18-20 degrees celcius. Almost no wind and the forecast promises to stay the same for al least a week

And I have plenty of time to fly!
*goes to fetch some planes and gets outside*
Old 08-01-2007, 11:55 AM
AcC8braman

Hi all,

Well you know here in the Uk it's been raining cats and dogs for the last few months - flooding everywhere ( well, not where I am - my house is most probably the highest point in Northamptonshire - represents another problem with wind!!!)

Well today is perfect, working from home, decided to rebuild my Cap 232 and took it out for a quick spin. Nervously, I hand launched it and was perfectly trimmed. Flew the best its ever done. I love this plane by Dynam.

On charge at the mo, wish I had more flight packs.

This hobby has to be the best!!

Happy flying people.

Steve
Old 08-01-2007, 03:59 PM
sadkingbilly
Happy When Flying

Took the EZglider E out, parked the car somewhere, tossed her up and got her back down when my neck started to ache

76 minutes up and still juice left in the battery
Old 08-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by sadkingbilly View Post
Took the EZglider E out, parked the car somewhere, tossed her up and got her back down when my neck started to ache

76 minutes up and still juice left in the battery
That must be one hek of a Batt. to get a 76min flight.
What kind is it and how big?
Old 08-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Lip84

We have had absolutely perfect flying weather here in Seattle for the last two weeks and I have no planes to fly...

Im building a simple 400 though. Trying to get it built up before the weather turns on me and we go through our 9 month rain cycle

Lip84
Old 08-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Gnascher
Got My TX - Need 2 Fly!

Originally Posted by Crashalott View Post
That must be one hek of a Batt. to get a 76min flight.
What kind is it and how big?
Well, it's a glider ... so I don't expect he actually USES the battery much. Riding thermals can really extend those flight times!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 PM
sadkingbilly
Happy When Flying

Originally Posted by Gnascher View Post
Well, it's a glider ... so I don't expect he actually USES the battery much. Riding thermals can really extend those flight times!
You got it put her on motor to - about - 250", then she took off in some strong thermals. I sat on/lounged on the hood and windshield of my car and flew her downwind so I could feel the thermals passing me. So sweet

Still an amazing plane, got plans to make her brushless with lighter motor and 3S lipo for faster climbs and thermal-hunting. Already ordered GRAPHITE - SKYSHARK WRAPPED GRAPHITE TUBE to replace the standard 10mm spar (saves almost 50G of weight) and I'm going to install something to make rubberstart possible. Saves batteries (oh yeah right, I really need that..)
Old 08-14-2007, 07:29 AM
yossarian

Originally Posted by Lip84 View Post
We have had absolutely perfect flying weather here in Seattle for the last two weeks and I have no planes to fly...

Im building a simple 400 though. Trying to get it built up before the weather turns on me and we go through our 9 month rain cycle

Lip84
I'll let you fly my BL stryker if you can manage to get a decent video of me flying my Ling cat.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Lip84

Originally Posted by yossarian View Post
I'll let you fly my BL stryker if you can manage to get a decent video of me flying my Ling cat.
Why not! worth a try right? I actually finished my Simple 400 last night so I can get my fix
Old 08-14-2007, 05:23 PM
yossarian

Awesome Lip84. Where do you like to fly? Marymoor is nice, but none of my planes with gears can take off in that grass!

If you are feeling adventurous, head down this way. I'm in Bonney Lake and I found a super secret squirrel flying area with a nice long freshly lain asphalt runway.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

I've got flying weather here... It's 103 degrees, but no wind.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Lip84

Originally Posted by yossarian View Post
Awesome Lip84. Where do you like to fly? Marymoor is nice, but none of my planes with gears can take off in that grass!

If you are feeling adventurous, head down this way. I'm in Bonney Lake and I found a super secret squirrel flying area with a nice long freshly lain asphalt runway.
Bonney lake huh? Im in Fremont and I usually head over to Magnusson on Sandpoint/Lake Washington. Its a great place to fly but can be busy with soccer and baseball. I have also discovered several "dead" zones with my 72 mhz gear...hopefully the spektrum stuff works better.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Originally Posted by Lip84 View Post
hopefully the spektrum stuff works better.

Quick Reply: Who's got Flying Weather?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12924 seconds with 11 queries